[ROM][4.4.2] SlimKat - I9000 [STABLE!]

Search This thread

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

SlimRoms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms Team is not responsible for any damages to you or your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][4.4.2] SlimKat - I9000 [STABLE!] , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
mnazim, SlimRoms

Version Information

Created 2014-05-19
Last Updated 2014-05-19

Last edited:

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com
WARNING!

NOTE:

• Keep in mind that this are early Beta builds!!!!!! Means bugs can happen. So please only use this builds if you want to help us and iron out the bugs with proper bug-reports etc.

• If you get error while flashing, go to advanced->reboot to recovery and flash again.

• If you get SU issues, flash SuperSU v1.80.zip from chainfire's thread.

BUG REPORTING

When you submit a bug-report, you want to make sure that nothing from your side is causing it. Otherwise we might be hunting a bug which doesn't really exist.

The best way to achieve this is by doing the following.

• Make a nandroid backup.
  • Perform a full wipe (factory reset + wipe /system) Now we have two different ways depending on what kind of problem you're having.

• When you're having a problem with a ROM function, flash just the ROM without GAPPS, and boot back into the system. You will boot directly onto the home-screen.

• When you're having a problem with a 3rd party app in combination with our ROM then flash the ROM and GAPPS.

• Boot now back into the system. You will boot to the setup wizard. Log in to your Google account but make sure that you untick "Restore from my Google Account to this phone/tablet". Finish the setup and open the playstore and download only the app you're having problems with.

• Start a logcat recording and reproduce the bug (if possible more than once) while taking the logcat. If you don't know how to get a logcat read this tutorial or this.

• Post the logcat in a text file (this is important because you otherwise clog up the threads with your log) in the correct thread. Please also write detailed description how we can reproduce the bug.
  • Restore your backup from point 1 and wait for a fix (PLEASE don't ask for ETAs).

Last edited:

idCyber

Oct 28, 2012
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
Dunno if this is intended or not, but :

1. In System Settings, there is no Performance section (I've clicked 7 times on build number and it unlocks only Developer options). I am using Semaphore Manager anyway but just wanted to point that the section is missing.
2. There is no arrow animation on the Network and WiFi icons in statusbar when internet is used.
3. There is no Kill All button in Recent Apps window (long press Home button)

These are not bothering me, the ROM is fast and looks good.

Last edited:
Reactions: ludwique

N3tro

Apr 24, 2012

1. In System Settings, there is no Performance section (I've clicked 7 times on build number and it unlocks only Developer options). I am using Semaphore Manager anyway but just wanted to point that the section is missing.
2. There is no arrow animation on the Network and WiFi icons in statusbar when internet is used.

1. Advanced settings.
2. This arrow was removed in KitKat.

astrosp4c3

May 28, 2012
Moon

3. Its a feature that will be added for sure as cm did.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: idCyber

coolek33

Jul 15, 2012
Zadupie
Huawei P30
Asus Zenfone 9
That is what you mean very soon :laugh:

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Its because they add slim + the version of android Exp. SlimICS, SlimBean, SlimKat :p

Ha. I meant thread title. It slimbean i9000 an hour ago. It is correct now. Don't teach me about slim. See my signature. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: limnaln

saszseb

Jan 30, 2011
Hungary, Gy-M-S.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386971679997.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386971679997.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,502
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386971708062.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386971708062.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,401

Konsumhaus

Jan 30, 2013
Installation Problem.

Downloaded Rom 3 times and Art every flashing i got the error
Installation abortet (7).
Ans advice for me?

Die a fullwipe+manually Format system AS recommended :(

Gesendet von meinem GT-p5110 mit Tapatalk

ficko_98

Nov 11, 2011
Jagodina
Installation Problem.

Downloaded Rom 3 times and Art every flashing i got the error
Installation abortet (7).
Ans advice for me?

Die a fullwipe+manually Format system AS recommended :(

Gesendet von meinem GT-p5110 mit Tapatalk

You must have a cm10.2 stock kernel (recovery) to flash it, that means you need to install cm10.2 first then reboot recovery, do a full wipe and then install slimkat and gapps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

SlimRoms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms Team is not responsible for any damages to you or your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.4.2] SlimKat - I9000 [STABLE!] , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
    mnazim, SlimRoms

Version Information

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2014-05-19
    WARNING!

NOTE:

• Keep in mind that this are early Beta builds!!!!!! Means bugs can happen. So please only use this builds if you want to help us and iron out the bugs with proper bug-reports etc.

• If you get error while flashing, go to advanced->reboot to recovery and flash again.

• If you get SU issues, flash SuperSU v1.80.zip from chainfire's thread.

BUG REPORTING

When you submit a bug-report, you want to make sure that nothing from your side is causing it. Otherwise we might be hunting a bug which doesn't really exist.

The best way to achieve this is by doing the following.

• Make a nandroid backup.
    • Perform a full wipe (factory reset + wipe /system) Now we have two different ways depending on what kind of problem you're having.

• When you're having a problem with a ROM function, flash just the ROM without GAPPS, and boot back into the system. You will boot directly onto the home-screen.

• When you're having a problem with a 3rd party app in combination with our ROM then flash the ROM and GAPPS.

• Boot now back into the system. You will boot to the setup wizard. Log in to your Google account but make sure that you untick "Restore from my Google Account to this phone/tablet". Finish the setup and open the playstore and download only the app you're having problems with.

• Start a logcat recording and reproduce the bug (if possible more than once) while taking the logcat. If you don't know how to get a logcat read this tutorial or this.

• Post the logcat in a text file (this is important because you otherwise clog up the threads with your log) in the correct thread. Please also write detailed description how we can reproduce the bug.
    • Restore your backup from point 1 and wait for a fix (PLEASE don't ask for ETAs).
    mnazim our device maintainer (DM) isn't active anymore, so our build is still labeled weekly. so we are not at a stable stage as there are issues no one is looking after.

i just hope mnazim can return or some dev can pick up where mnazim left. but that seems unlikely for the old SGS. :(

Stable is just a tag guys... We will push out weeklies as long as possible for the i9000... This device is just too vintage to let go so easily... ;)
    2.5 RC1

2.5 RC1 on the way guys... Enjoy!

PS: Do not forget to flash updated gapps with the new build, else it will break your backup-restore.