Best Earphones for Canvas Magnus A117

Search This thread

Hameedhudeen

Jun 9, 2011
Chennai
Hello guys, Let's discuss here the best sound quality earphones for Our Magnus.
I found some cheap earphone to work quite well with Magnus but didn't tried the expensive ones, Post your experience here.:good:

it solely depends on the earphones you use, on their quality.
I myself had used senheisers cx 180, they deliver really good performance with magnus.

on the hardware and software part of view, their sound quality is really good.

vishalgaur789

Is the Canvas Magnus better than MOTO G?

I found many similarities but snapdragon takes an edge.

Camera is something which disappoints in Moto G but its good enough for a cellphone I guess.

Is there anything really good im magnus than MotoG?

And another que.

Does the 4.5 inches screen really look that smaller than 5inches?
:confused:
P.s. I dun have giagantic hands.
:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: sammyroid

amitdeb1995

Mar 31, 2014
problem

i have a micromax a 117 (white). i'm facing a problem with headphone as it got the AJH pin like my old nokia 710 phone.
i have a nokia adapter ( called ad-87U) to solve it temporarily. but i need a good headphone model with AJH pin.
[[ in AJH pin the ground and mic defines the opposite of normal headphone pin ]]
IOQHLR7.png

Akashn

Mar 23, 2013
I bought SoundMagic ES 18 and works awesome with Our Device and great quality and Noise Cancellation ..Juz in Love !! :D

But they comes without mic :(

Sent from my Micromax A117 using xda app-developers app

Ranaboys

Jul 15, 2013
OnePlus 7T
Thanks for your comments

Thanks for your comments,
I was having a doubt as when I plugged some other brands earphones like nokia etc some of them were detected but no sound, or only one side earplug giving soung. So I was confused to buy som good earphones and now going for Soundmagic ES18 ..:angel:

May 27, 2014
MTK Chipset DAC

There's a saying in audio processing realm (actually it holds good for any DSP realm) -
"The best sound is only as good as the weakest link in the processing/rendering chain..."

DACs in MTK 6589 have been anything but astounding. Neither the output stage AMP has power with respectable SNR to drive audiophile grade equipment.
As such it does not make much sense to buy professional/audiophile grade headphones/ear-phones if you're going to use it with MTK DACs. You'll be just disappointed! One thing I immediately notice with Tegra and MTK chipset DACs is that high frequencies are gently rolled off from about 14 KHz. So all that sparkling highs won't be perceived on such devices. On a different note - somehow I liked MTK chipset audio section better than Tegra 3 ones (Canvas Magnus A117 vs Xolo Play) - could be subjective.

I am assuming the question is more lined towards having a decent listening experience on the move. Try any Sennheiser earphone whose impedance is ~32 ohms and decent frequency response. Case in point - MX 375. Amongst the earphones/headphones I have, this one sounds best with Magnus. Sony earphones even in the range of ₹ 9000 have very low impedance and as such demand a powerful AMP to perform at their best.
Only exception is Sony Headphones MDR XD series (XD 200/300). They have high impedance (~ 64 ohms) and are very sensitive. You'll love these for the punch or even for watching movies. Shame Sony discontinued them few years back. See if you chance across similar/better alternatives.
Just keep in mind to check for the impedance if punch power is what enthralls you.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found some cheap earphone to work quite well with Magnus but didn't tried the expensive ones, Post your experience here.:good:

it solely depends on the earphones you use, on their quality.
    I myself had used senheisers cx 180, they deliver really good performance with magnus.

on the hardware and software part of view, their sound quality is really good.
    Just Install Poweramp and keep its Equalizer on and Viper FX with High sound drivers- and see the difference. Even stock earphones will produce good bass and sound quality will be superb.
    I bought SoundMagic ES 18 and works awesome with Our Device and great quality and Noise Cancellation ..Juz in Love !! :D

But they comes without mic :(

Sent from my Micromax A117 using xda app-developers app
    problem

i have a micromax a 117 (white). i'm facing a problem with headphone as it got the AJH pin like my old nokia 710 phone.
    i have a nokia adapter ( called ad-87U) to solve it temporarily. but i need a good headphone model with AJH pin.
    [[ in AJH pin the ground and mic defines the opposite of normal headphone pin ]]
    IOQHLR7.png