[ROM][8.4/10.1/12.2 WiFi/LTE][ALL WIDGETS ANYWHERE] **ProPlus V2** [4.4.2][NG4][8/29]

Search This thread

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Well here it is ladies & gentlemen...i would like to present to u the first rom i've ever made! Just to be clear i am NOT a dev by any means...just another enthusiastic user looking to make a few improvements to his device so i & others may enjoy it more. I guess i should start out by saying that i created this rom for personal use simply so i wouldnt have to individually reapply every mod after a fresh firmware flash...my main motivation in doing so is to add back functions that samsung saw fit to remove from our tab (quadview) or only add to specific variants (users). So, while i will be open to suggestions to make this a better rom, i'm not actually interested in making it "pretty" with cosmetic changes since my first focus will be function over form...however anyone with expertise in theming is more than welcome to create flashable packages if u would like to. The only thing that has been removed is knox but i'm sure u can find a list of apks that are safe to eliminate elsewhere on xda (u can delete the files directly from the zip or uninstall after u flash)...with this being the first version of my first rom EVER please dont expect anything too fancy so for now just consider this a "stock plus stuff" WIP & with that beiing said i will now release for the rest of my fellow tab pro owners ProPlus V2!

ROM FEATURES! (see screenshots in second post)
  1. Rooted
  2. Deodexed
  3. BusyBox
  4. Init.d
  5. No Knox (this is the only thing that has been removed...anything else will need to be deleted from the zip or uninstalled after flash)
  6. QuadView (4-way multiwindow found in 12.2 note pro....thx @xperiacle)
  7. Lock Screen Cards (google now like cards on lockscreen...found in "settings-device-lockscreen")
  8. Screen Mirrror w/ custom recovery/kernel (stock will NOT work with TWRP/CWM installed...thx @esgie for modded file)
  9. Assistive Light Widget (adds led flashlight which can ONLY be added from widget drawer...does NOT show in launcher widget list)
  10. Multi User (already present in wifi version but mysteriously missing from the LTE variant...found in "settings-general-users")
  11. SDfix (apps can now write to external memory...no need for playstore fix)
  12. Lock Screen Widgets! (FINALLY figured out how to re-enable these...thx @Goldie for the info)
  13. MultiWindow Mods (added the ability to use MOST apps in floating mode as well as more than one copy at the same time WITHOUT needing another app...also automatically adds all apps on your device to the availability list)
  14. Stock Widgets in ANY Launcher! (now use the stock samsung magazine widgets in your favorite launcher or on the lockscreen...see pics in post #2 below)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!
  1. Root (may be optional...listed just to be safe)
  2. Flash custom recovery
  3. Copy rom to device
  4. Boot into recovery, install, & wipe both caches
  5. Download Supersu from playstore & update "su" binay (choose "normal" method when asked...this step MAY be optional)

KNOWN ISSUES! (these are problems on the Tab S version...may not be true for the tab pro so please report)
1. lockscreen widgets can only be deleted in portrait orientation
2. music widget has no buttons & gallery widget is blank when used with other launchers

ATTN: If any 10.1 & 12.2 users would like to try this rom i'm uploading dedicated versions for each variant but please test & report back...although wifi owners will still have the unnecessary telephony apps to remove as well as a possible useless data signal icon in your status bar.

DOWNLOAD NEW ProPlus V2! (i will try to finish the 10.1 & 12.2 versions this week but no promises)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712464026
*Tab 8.4 Wifi/LTE ProPlusV2 (this zip works for both the T320 & T325...please read post #178 BEFORE u attempt to flash!)

Old V1 links
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358538837
^8.4 LTE SM-T325

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILSWpJS0xOTTFjX0E/edit?usp=sharing
^8.4 WiFi SM-T320 (u will need to download the full T325 rom above then replace the files in the zip with the ones from this package)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358538674
^10.1 LTE SM-T525 (test)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567713697
^10.1 WiFi SM-T520 (test)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358539746]
^12.2 LTE SM-T905 (test)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358538985
^12.2 WiFi SM-T900 (test)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILVk5MNXh1Z0tBQzg/edit?usp=sharing
^STOCK NB7 FIRMWARE (just in case something goes wrong flash this with odin...this is for 8.4 LTE SM-T325 ONLY!)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358540203
^STOCK ND1 FIRMWARE (just in case something goes wrong flash this with odin...this is for 10.1 WiFi SM-T520 ONLY!)

Last edited:

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Screen shots & feature descriptions of Pro Plus V2 rom

Screenshot_2014-05-15-21-12-54.jpg
if u look at the middle of the screen u will notice the "assistive light" widget...no need for other flashlight apps now

Screenshot_2014-05-15-19-00-00.png
this is the "lock screen card" menu...the 5 options require certain apps be used to display the info
  1. Weather (must be using accuweather widget on a homescreen...see next photo)
  2. Schedule (must be using splanner app to sync events...see next photo)
  3. News (not sure which app supplies the data to this card...any user who discovers this please post so i can update this info
  4. Social (same as above...please post if u know)
  5. Email (must be using stock mail app...see next photo)

Screenshot_2014-05-15-19-04-54.jpg
u will notice the multi user icons in the top right corner of the lockscreen which allow u to change profiles similar to a windows pc where u can have separate settings for other accounts...at the bottom of the screen are the email, weather, & schedule lockscreen cards mentioned above which i assume are supposed to take the place of the locksreen widgets which as we all know samsung has removed in 4.4.2 (i'm working on adding those back as well but no promises)

Screenshot_2014-05-15-19-08-52.jpg
This is really the ONLY thing i personally wanted that was missing from the tab...the quadview or 4-way multiwindow mode from the note pro 12.2 which, as u can see, allows us to now have 4 apps simultaneously and also to save them as a shortcut on the flashbar (multiwindow launcher)

View attachment 2916521
this is "hd widgets" being shown on the lockscreen...to add more widgets simply swipe right on your clock & u will see the "plus" icon which brings up the list

photocopy.jpg
although this screenshot APPEARS to be a regular magazine home page in the touch wiz launcher if u look a lil closer then you will notice the dock with the app icons...now all of your stock samsung widgets can be used used in the your favorite launcher such nova or apex as well as om the lockscreen

multi-instance.jpg
ok i know what you're thinking...either "exactly how many browser windows do u need" or "how confused are u with all of that contradictory news" As u have guessed...V2 now includes the ability to have more than one copy of the same app open at the same time

Last edited:

lasset

Jan 15, 2005
Malmo
Made a clean install of the rom via TWRP, wiped Dalvik and cash, rebooted. The reboot end up in Download mode??
Come from this rom, Debloated - Rooted -DeOdex - Knoxless - T320XAR1ANAI - (04/05/14).
What I´m doing wrong?

Sorry!! Tried to install the rom at my T320WiFi. Sorry

Last edited:

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Tab pro 8.4 wifi sm-t320 kernel

Made a clean install of the rom via TWRP, wiped Dalvik and cash, rebooted. The reboot end up in Download mode??
Come from this rom, Debloated - Rooted -DeOdex - Knoxless - T320XAR1ANAI - (04/05/14).
What I´m doing wrong?

Sorry!! Tried to install the rom at my T320WiFi. Sorry

If u would still like to try this rom then just replace the boot.img in the zip with the one below and that SHOULD work...although u will still have the unnecessary telephony apps to remove as well as a possible useless data signal icon in your status bar

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILb0tQanhuQVk0N2c/edit?usp=sharing
^ TAB PRO 8.4 WIFI SM-T320 KERNEL

ianrobbie

Nov 23, 2012
Thanks for the ROM.
Quick question. I'm running a T-900. Will I be able to use the T-905 ROM?
Also, how do you install it due to there being no custom recovery?

Sent from my SM-T900 using XDA Free mobile app

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Thanks for the ROM.
Quick question. I'm running a T-900. Will I be able to use the T-905 ROM?
Also, how do you install it due to there being no custom recovery?

first i'd like to say great point about the recoveries being available...never even thought to check :silly: well...this is one of those good news/bad news situations so here we go. Bad news is, NO, u will NOT be able to use this rom due to the fact that the the 900 (exynos) & 905 (snapdragon) use different processors...good news is that it has been reported that the SM-P900 recovery works for the SM-T900 as well (link below...attn: @KnukLHead @Rickdaddy @jgoe). With that being said...there is a custom rom for the SM-T520 that u SHOULD be able to use as long as u change the kernel (boot.img) before u flash (attn: @jir591). For anyone else reading this..the SM-T525 & SM-T905 SHOULD be compatible with the SM-T325 root & recovery methods as well if there isnt one available specifically for your device. So...theres no need to be jealous now bro ;) We definitely need better organization of information ESPECIALLY since we dont have separate forums for each device & the first step to that is making sure we are all on the same page as far as whats possible...so with that said if u are able to get everything worked out then could u please go back over to the separate categories thread & quote the users i mentioned above to let them know what their options are

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2679825&page=36
^SM-T900/SM-P900 RECOVERY (tab pro 12.2 user confirmation & link located in post #355)

Last edited:

ianrobbie

Nov 23, 2012
first i'd like to say great point about the recoveries being available...never even thought to check :silly: well...this is one of those good news/bad news situations so here we go. Bad news is, NO, u will NOT be able to use this rom due to the fact that the the 900 (exynos) & 905 (snapdragon) use different processors...good news is that it has been reported that the SM-P900 recovery works for the SM-T900 as well (link below...attn: @KnukLHead @Rickdaddy @jgoe). With that being said...there is a custom rom for the SM-T520 that u SHOULD be able to use as long as u change the kernel (boot.img) before u flash (attn: @jir591). For anyone else reading this..the SM-T525 & SM-T905 SHOULD be compatible with the SM-T325 root & recovery methods as well if there isnt one available specifically for yur device. So...theres no need to be jealous now bro ;) We definitely need better organization of information ESPECIALLY since we dont have separate forums for each device & the first step to that is making sure we are all on the same page as far as whats possible...so with that said if u are able to get everything worked out then could u please go ack over to the separate categories thread & quote the users i mentioned above to let them know what their options are

^SM-T900/SM-P900 RECOVERY (tab pro 12.2 user confirmation & link located in post #335)

Thanks for the response. I'll give it a go later on today and share what I find out.

Thanks again for the info and keep up the good work :D

partola1

Apr 17, 2010
Kiev
Can I flash this rom to SM-T321 (mondrian3g)? If I need to replace boot.img and buildprop can I grab it from stock firmware for SM-T321?

THEDEVIOUS1

Nov 26, 2009
Can I flash this rom to SM-T321 (mondrian3g)? If I need to replace boot.img and buildprop can I grab it from stock firmware for SM-T321?

technically yes...u SHOULD be able to flash this on the 3g variant (after u change the kernel of course) since all of the 8.4 models share the same chipset but i cant say for sure if everything will work...just report back here if u have problems. Also...yeah u can just pull the boot.img from the odin tar & replace it in the zip before u flash (might want to grab a copy of your build.prop & swap it too) although u will probably need to re-root manually. When u get time can u upload both the kernel & build.prop here for me so i can add the root & init.d code...thx in advance

KnukLHead

Feb 24, 2012
Emmet Ar
@THEDEVIOUS1 thanx for the info. I have been thinking about trying the P900 recovery because we do have the same chipset but didn't have time yet to unbrick if it went bad so never went for it.

Edit: I found the post at #355

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: THEDEVIOUS1
Hey T.D 1

I must Say, you are doing your thing in this forum, MUCH Respect, you are definitely holding it down for these Devices, I could only HOPE to see a few others with your same spirt jump in this kitchen you have Chiefing up with there own separate cooking skillzzzz, if my hopes do come to a sizzle our T325 would be a 5 course cuisine... Its Great to dream, however who knows, dreams do come true, keep up the great work TD 1, and just so you know Im still waiting for my source to get back to me about the lcd & Digitizer. if she confirms she can get it I will plug you into with her Directly. Bless Buddy.... :laugh:

first i'd like to say great point about the recoveries being available...never even thought to check :silly: well...this is one of those good news/bad news situations so here we go. Bad news is, NO, u will NOT be able to use this rom due to the fact that the the 900 (exynos) & 905 (snapdragon) use different processors...good news is that it has been reported that the SM-P900 recovery works for the SM-T900 as well (link below...attn: @KnukLHead @Rickdaddy @jgoe). With that being said...there is a custom rom for the SM-T520 that u SHOULD be able to use as long as u change the kernel (boot.img) before u flash (attn: @jir591). For anyone else reading this..the SM-T525 & SM-T905 SHOULD be compatible with the SM-T325 root & recovery methods as well if there isnt one available specifically for your device. So...theres no need to be jealous now bro ;) We definitely need better organization of information ESPECIALLY since we dont have separate forums for each device & the first step to that is making sure we are all on the same page as far as whats possible...so with that said if u are able to get everything worked out then could u please go back over to the separate categories thread & quote the users i mentioned above to let them know what their options are

^SM-T900/SM-P900 RECOVERY (tab pro 12.2 user confirmation & link located in post #355)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well here it is ladies & gentlemen...i would like to present to u the first rom i've ever made! Just to be clear i am NOT a dev by any means...just another enthusiastic user looking to make a few improvements to his device so i & others may enjoy it more. I guess i should start out by saying that i created this rom for personal use simply so i wouldnt have to individually reapply every mod after a fresh firmware flash...my main motivation in doing so is to add back functions that samsung saw fit to remove from our tab (quadview) or only add to specific variants (users). So, while i will be open to suggestions to make this a better rom, i'm not actually interested in making it "pretty" with cosmetic changes since my first focus will be function over form...however anyone with expertise in theming is more than welcome to create flashable packages if u would like to. The only thing that has been removed is knox but i'm sure u can find a list of apks that are safe to eliminate elsewhere on xda (u can delete the files directly from the zip or uninstall after u flash)...with this being the first version of my first rom EVER please dont expect anything too fancy so for now just consider this a "stock plus stuff" WIP & with that beiing said i will now release for the rest of my fellow tab pro owners ProPlus V2!

ROM FEATURES! (see screenshots in second post)
    1. Rooted
    2. Deodexed
    3. BusyBox
    4. Init.d
    5. No Knox (this is the only thing that has been removed...anything else will need to be deleted from the zip or uninstalled after flash)
    6. QuadView (4-way multiwindow found in 12.2 note pro....thx @xperiacle)
    7. Lock Screen Cards (google now like cards on lockscreen...found in "settings-device-lockscreen")
    8. Screen Mirrror w/ custom recovery/kernel (stock will NOT work with TWRP/CWM installed...thx @esgie for modded file)
    9. Assistive Light Widget (adds led flashlight which can ONLY be added from widget drawer...does NOT show in launcher widget list)
    10. Multi User (already present in wifi version but mysteriously missing from the LTE variant...found in "settings-general-users")
    11. SDfix (apps can now write to external memory...no need for playstore fix)
    12. Lock Screen Widgets! (FINALLY figured out how to re-enable these...thx @Goldie for the info)
    13. MultiWindow Mods (added the ability to use MOST apps in floating mode as well as more than one copy at the same time WITHOUT needing another app...also automatically adds all apps on your device to the availability list)
    14. Stock Widgets in ANY Launcher! (now use the stock samsung magazine widgets in your favorite launcher or on the lockscreen...see pics in post #2 below)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!
    1. Root (may be optional...listed just to be safe)
    2. Flash custom recovery
    3. Copy rom to device
    4. Boot into recovery, install, & wipe both caches
    5. Download Supersu from playstore & update "su" binay (choose "normal" method when asked...this step MAY be optional)

KNOWN ISSUES! (these are problems on the Tab S version...may not be true for the tab pro so please report)
    1. lockscreen widgets can only be deleted in portrait orientation
    2. music widget has no buttons & gallery widget is blank when used with other launchers

ATTN: If any 10.1 & 12.2 users would like to try this rom i'm uploading dedicated versions for each variant but please test & report back...although wifi owners will still have the unnecessary telephony apps to remove as well as a possible useless data signal icon in your status bar.

DOWNLOAD NEW ProPlus V2! (i will try to finish the 10.1 & 12.2 versions this week but no promises)

*Tab 8.4 Wifi/LTE ProPlusV2 (this zip works for both the T320 & T325...please read post #178 BEFORE u attempt to flash!)

Old V1 links
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358538837
    ^8.4 LTE SM-T325

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILSWpJS0xOTTFjX0E/edit?usp=sharing
    ^8.4 WiFi SM-T320 (u will need to download the full T325 rom above then replace the files in the zip with the ones from this package)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358538674
    ^10.1 LTE SM-T525 (test)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567713697
    ^10.1 WiFi SM-T520 (test)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358539746]
    ^12.2 LTE SM-T905 (test)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358538985
    ^12.2 WiFi SM-T900 (test)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yxeu9x48ILVk5MNXh1Z0tBQzg/edit?usp=sharing
    ^STOCK NB7 FIRMWARE (just in case something goes wrong flash this with odin...this is for 8.4 LTE SM-T325 ONLY!)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358540203
    ^STOCK ND1 FIRMWARE (just in case something goes wrong flash this with odin...this is for 10.1 WiFi SM-T520 ONLY!)
    Screen shots & feature descriptions of Pro Plus V2 rom

Screenshot_2014-05-15-21-12-54.jpg
    if u look at the middle of the screen u will notice the "assistive light" widget...no need for other flashlight apps now

Screenshot_2014-05-15-19-00-00.png
    this is the "lock screen card" menu...the 5 options require certain apps be used to display the info
    1. Weather (must be using accuweather widget on a homescreen...see next photo)
    2. Schedule (must be using splanner app to sync events...see next photo)
    3. News (not sure which app supplies the data to this card...any user who discovers this please post so i can update this info
    4. Social (same as above...please post if u know)
    5. Email (must be using stock mail app...see next photo)

Screenshot_2014-05-15-19-04-54.jpg
    u will notice the multi user icons in the top right corner of the lockscreen which allow u to change profiles similar to a windows pc where u can have separate settings for other accounts...at the bottom of the screen are the email, weather, & schedule lockscreen cards mentioned above which i assume are supposed to take the place of the locksreen widgets which as we all know samsung has removed in 4.4.2 (i'm working on adding those back as well but no promises)

Screenshot_2014-05-15-19-08-52.jpg
    This is really the ONLY thing i personally wanted that was missing from the tab...the quadview or 4-way multiwindow mode from the note pro 12.2 which, as u can see, allows us to now have 4 apps simultaneously and also to save them as a shortcut on the flashbar (multiwindow launcher)

View attachment 2916521
    this is "hd widgets" being shown on the lockscreen...to add more widgets simply swipe right on your clock & u will see the "plus" icon which brings up the list

photocopy.jpg
    although this screenshot APPEARS to be a regular magazine home page in the touch wiz launcher if u look a lil closer then you will notice the dock with the app icons...now all of your stock samsung widgets can be used used in the your favorite launcher such nova or apex as well as om the lockscreen

multi-instance.jpg
    ok i know what you're thinking...either "exactly how many browser windows do u need" or "how confused are u with all of that contradictory news" As u have guessed...V2 now includes the ability to have more than one copy of the same app open at the same time

There is 2 versions uploaded. The link posted above is for the 325. It still loads but touch wiz fails and closes from the start. I flashed it to my 320 and that's what happened. What do we need to do to fix this? Or if the files hosted could be labeled for 320 and 325.

thanks was looking for t325 v2 (will replace touchwiz anyway..if i can) downloading

No News for t320?

OnTheRoad

the link quoted above is for BOTH the T320 & T325...in order to fix the force close u will need to remove the "magazinewidget.apk" located in "system/piv-app" from the zip BEFORE u flash. This is basically the final V2 version minus the working lockscreen widgets...u may also need to re-root after the fact.

^PROPLUS V2 TAB PRO 8.4 T320/T325 WiFi/LTE (this link may actually already have the force closed fixed but i'm not sure...please post your results)

if anyone is interested in testing out an "experimental" lockscreen widget mod then u can replace the "keyguard.apk" located in "system/priv-app" with the one below but u probably shouldnt until AFTER u set your system up for the reasons listed below

1. certain lock screen effects(definitely "blind") will cause the systemui to force close & cant be recovered without swapping the original keyguard back....with that being said the best bet is to turn all effects off OR to enable a live wallpaper BEFORE u switch the files

2. multi-user will NOT work & lockscreen cards will be missing as well

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655040960
    ^LOCKSCREEN WIDGETS ENABLED KEYGUARD (please read instructions above before replacing...must set permisssions to 0644 or rw-r--r-- after switching)
    I would test it but the T520 ProPlusV2 TEST link doesn't appear to be correct, it points to the stock ND1 firmware you have listed on the first post.

I apologize to anyone who attempted to test...here goes the fixed link

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712467116
    ^T520 ProPlus V2 TEST

Attn all 8.4 & lte owners...i will hopefully get the locksreen issue finished & have the links up this week
    NEW ProPlus V2!!!

Well here it is ladies & gentlemen...i would like to present to u the first rom i've ever made! Just to be clear i am NOT a dev by any means...just another enthusiastic user looking to make a few improvements to his device so i & others may enjoy it more. I guess i should start out by saying that i created this rom for personal use simply so i wouldnt have to individually reapply every mod after a fresh firmware flash...my main motivation in doing so is to add back functions that samsung saw fit to remove from our tab (quadview) or only add to specific variants (users). So, while i will be open to suggestions to make this a better rom, i'm not actually interested in making it "pretty" with cosmetic changes since my first focus will be function over form...however anyone with expertise in theming is more than welcome to create flashable packages if u would like to. The only thing that has been removed is knox but i'm sure u can find a list of apks that are safe to eliminate elsewhere on xda (u can delete the files directly from the zip or uninstall after u flash)...with this being the first version of my first rom EVER please dont expect anything too fancy so for now just consider this a "stock plus stuff" WIP & with that beiing said i will now release for the rest of my fellow tab pro owners ProPlus V1!

Dont shoot...i've come bearing gifts :laugh: Yes....its me your favorite rom maker who has been mysteriously missing for the last few months. Well guys...i've got good news & bad news. The bad news is that i no longer own the Tab Pro...for those who didnt know my device had a broken screen every since a couple of days after i bought it so i FINALLY filed an insurance claim on it (squaretrade comes highly recommended...no fuss reimbursement) and ended up replacing it with the Tab S 8.4(yeah, yeah...i know :p). Anyway....on to the good news which is i just finished uploading ProPlusV2!:highfive: For those of you who are wondering whats new...the main new feature would be working lockscreen widgets!!! The next one worth mentioning is the ability to use the stock samsung magazine widgets in any launcher but of course there's a catch...as i have already stated i no longer own the device so i'm gonna need a few testers to provide feedback & screenshots particularly of the lockscreen which will probably need a few items adjusted. Without making u wait longer than i already have...i have put links in the op & screenshots in the second post so enjoy boys (and girls too if there are any around:silly:)