Review - EC TECHNOLOGY® New 22400mAh Portable Ultra-high Density Battery Charger

Search This thread

chrishull85

Jul 31, 2008
Link to device - http://www.amazon.co.uk/EC-TECHNOLO...t-Incredible/dp/B00F5Q4F0U/ref=cm_cr-mr-title
Link to product page - http://www.iectechnology.com/productInfo.aspx?pid=32c4adb4-d624-4f58-a9ee-56f2820c4179

I purchased this device for my trip to Glastonbury festival with the hope it would keep me going during the festival with access to my phone (HTC One M7). First comment has to be WOW!!! Not only did it fully charge my device every single day I was there (5 in total) but it still had around half of its charge capacity when I came home.

So more on the specifics;

The charger comes boxed with multiple adaptors to suit various phones/tablets but if you have the cable for your device you don’t really need these. One thing is did lack was a wall charger but that isn't really an issue as I’m sure most people will have a USB wall charger of some sort. It wasn't advertised as having a wall charger so this is by no means a negative comment more just an informative one for people who want to know.

The initial charge as some have said on Amazon is long, but what do people expect this is charging a 22400mAh battery pack, it’s going to take a while. I put mine on early evening and it was complete by the time I got up the next day. A small price to pay to have this kind of capacity in my mind.

There are 3 ports on the charger, a 1 amp usb, a 2 amp usb and a miro usb port for charging the unit up. If your device supports it, which my HTC one did the 2 amp port really does speed up the charging process.

During the festival I would charge my HTC one overnight mainly using the 1 amp port as I was in no rush at that point. There were one or 2 occasions where I wanted to give the phone a quick boost so would put it into flight mode to disable everything and then connect it to the 2 amp port. The results were stunning, I could add 20% + battery to my phone in no time enabling me to continue that day without worrying about switching data services or wifi off.

As for the size of the device some people have mentioned on Amazon, it’s going to be big, it’s a huge capacity battery. It’s not too big that you couldn’t carry it around all day in a coat or a bag. Inside your laptop bag on travels you wouldn't even notice it I'm sure of that.

The build quality is very good on this pack, it doesn't feel as cheap as some others I have used.

I’m flying with my wife daughter in July so it is going to be a good test of this charger for my IPad and phone at the same time while she watches every cartoon I can find. I will post a follow up after that trip.

All in all I would definitely recommend this device to anyone wanting a high capacity portable charger.

If anyone has any questions feel free to comment, i posted this to their Amazon page too but i thought XDA might find it useful also.

EDIT- added a video review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3oSOH0yYgY

Last edited:
Reactions: millicent

shug176

Jun 27, 2010
Link to device - http://www.amazon.co.uk/EC-TECHNOLO...t-Incredible/dp/B00F5Q4F0U/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

I purchased this device for my trip to Glastonbury festival with the hope it would keep me going during the festival with access to my phone (HTC One M7). First comment has to be WOW!!! Not only did it fully charge my device every single day I was there (5 in total) but it still had around half of its charge capacity when I came home.

The charger comes boxed with multiple adaptors to suit various phones/tablets but if you have the cable for your device you don’t really need these. One thing is did lack was a wall charger but that isn't really an issue as I’m sure most people will have a USB wall charger of some sort. It wasn't advertised as having a wall charger so this is by no means a negative comment more just an informative one for people who want to know.

The initial charge as some have said on Amazon is long, but what do people expect this is charging a 22400mAh battery pack, it’s going to take a while. I put mine on early evening and it was complete by the time I got up the next day. A small price to pay to have this kind of capacity in my mind.

There are 3 ports on the charger, a 1 amp usb, a 2 amp usb and a miro usb port for charging the unit up. If your device supports it, which my HTC one did the 2 amp port really does speed up the charging process.

During the festival I would charge my HTC one overnight mainly using the 1 amp port as I was in no rush at that point. There were one or 2 occasions where I wanted to give the phone a quick boost so would put it into flight mode to disable everything and then connect it to the 2 amp port. The results were stunning, I could add 20% + battery to my phone in no time enabling me to continue that day without worrying about switching data services or wifi off.

As for the size of the device some people have mentioned on Amazon, it’s going to be big, it’s a huge capacity battery. It’s not too big that you couldn’t carry it around all day in a coat or a bag. Inside your laptop bag on travels you wouldn't even notice it I'm sure of that.

The build quality is very good on this pack, it doesn't feel as cheap as some others I have used.

I’m flying with my wife daughter in July so it is going to be a good test of this charger for my IPad and phone at the same time while she watches every cartoon I can find. I will post a follow up after that trip.

All in all I would definitely recommend this device to anyone wanting a high capacity portable charger.

If anyone has any questions feel free to comment, i posted this to their Amazon page too but i thought XDA might find it useful also.

thanks for posting looks good

dli7319

Jan 9, 2011
U.S.A.
I'm pretty sure the HTC One M7 charges at only 1 amp. Mine (and the one I had before) takes ~4 hours to charge no matter what usb cable or ac adapter I plug it into. I usually use the Anker 40W 5 port AC adapter and the included usb cable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link to product page - http://www.iectechnology.com/productInfo.aspx?pid=32c4adb4-d624-4f58-a9ee-56f2820c4179

EDIT- added a video review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3oSOH0yYgY