[Q] Circular battery & framework-res.apk

Search This thread

riva.dani

Dec 2, 2010
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to put that cool circular battery I see in many screenshots in my status/notification bar. I found this cool website: circle [dot] glx [dot] nl.
However the zip file it returned caused a bootloop on my device. Every time, the phone boots so far that I can see the new icon, but then it crashes and automatically reboots. Do you know how could I solve this annoying bug? Is there an alternative (and safer) way to replace the battery icon in the notification bar?

The_ERROR

Nov 13, 2010
Ostrava (mostly)
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to put that cool circular battery I see in many screenshots in my status/notification bar. I found this cool website: circle [dot] glx [dot] nl.
However the zip file it returned caused a bootloop on my device. Every time, the phone boots so far that I can see the new icon, but then it crashes and automatically reboots. Do you know how could I solve this annoying bug? Is there an alternative (and safer) way to replace the battery icon in the notification bar?

Try connect via adb shell with
adb bugreport and look what it shows you. Maybe you find something.

riva.dani

Dec 2, 2010
Try connect via adb shell with
adb bugreport and look what it shows you. Maybe you find something.

Well, there will be almost 20 pages of output in there... I really don't know where to look. Is this helpful?

Code:
------ DUMPSYS (dumpsys) ------
Currently running services:
  lgdrm
  media.audio_flinger
  media.audio_policy
  media.camera
  media.player
  nexdrmservice
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DUMP OF SERVICE lgdrm:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DUMP OF SERVICE media.audio_flinger:

I tried different times with different themes, but the outcome is always the same. Last time I even trid to re-sign the zip before flashing, but it didn't help at all. I'll be in need of a new Volume Down button very soon... :D

corwin42

Oct 22, 2008
Borchen, Germany
www.amberhome.de
I tried different times with different themes, but the outcome is always the same. Last time I even trid to re-sign the zip before flashing, but it didn't help at all. I'll be in need of a new Volume Down button very soon... :D

Do you use this with the stock ROM? I think this won't work because it is not deodexed. Try flashing my AmberHome 1.1 ROM (this is completely deodexed) and then flash your battery icon zip.