HTC Magic (TIM) stuck on splash screen

Search This thread

vladbc

Jan 29, 2009
Amsterdam
I know there are a lot threads with similar title, but I couldn't find something useful.
Phone is my coworkers branded TIM HTC Magic and this is info:
HTC Magic
Sapphire PVT 32A
Ship S-on H
HBOOT-1.33.0008
(SAPP10000)
CPLD-12
RADIO 3.22.20.17
APR 29 2009

We were able to flash Amon Ra (recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.6.2H.img) following this method How To: Root the HTC Magic in One Click!.
After that my coworker tried to flash this ROM (SuperflyTCBY1.1DSF) from the recovery, but after flashing, it couldn't boot. It is now always stuck at TIM logo. Than we tried flashing again some ROMs which doesnt require new radio but nothing seems to help.
We can access recovery and hboot, so is there any hope ? Anyone has some idea what we could do ?

ntphuong

Sep 18, 2004
www.LaptopEx.com
It means that the Rom you flashed seems not suitable. Or may be it requires full wipe but u did not.
Try to reflash the rom with full wipe in recovery, if still can not run, chose other 3.22 ROM
Good luck

Sent from my Gingerbread on Sapphire using XDA App

vladbc

Jan 29, 2009
Amsterdam
I forgot to mention that before every ROM flash we did 'factory reset' and 'wipe dalvik cache' from the recovery, but still no go.
Could you recommend any good 3.22 [32A] ROM ?

ntphuong

Sep 18, 2004
www.LaptopEx.com
I forgot to mention that before every ROM flash we did 'factory reset' and 'wipe dalvik cache' from the recovery, but still no go.
Could you recommend any good 3.22 [32A] ROM ?

I did not use 3.22 radio so I don't know.
I think u should wipe all in recovery, not only dalvik cache.
Also u may need to change your phone from S-ON to S-Off in order to remove app from system

DonJuan692006

Jul 22, 2010
Suffolk, VA
I did not use 3.22 radio so I don't know.
I think u should wipe all in recovery, not only dalvik cache.
Also u may need to change your phone from S-ON to S-Off in order to remove app from system

Wrong and wrong. You only need to have security turned off to run fastboot commands. Your fine with only wiping data and dalvik-cache. Can't recommend any ROMs but there should be a list available in the ROM Bible which is stickied in the Development forum.

Sent from my Optimis T using Tapatalk.

ntphuong

Sep 18, 2004
www.LaptopEx.com
Wrong and wrong. You only need to have security turned off to run fastboot commands. Your fine with only wiping data and dalvik-cache. Can't recommend any ROMs but there should be a list available in the ROM Bible which is stickied in the Development forum.

Sent from my Optimis T using Tapatalk.

I have Desire with S-ON, installed LeeDroid 2.2. When I removed app in system such as Calculator, News, Voice,.. by Titanium or deleted by Root Explorer, the icons still there and the app still run. They said that If I want to delete these apps, I need to get S-Off first.

mumilover

Mar 18, 2010
Copenhagen
You are mixing things together... The Desire phone has special nand lock... so the game rules are different.. but stick on the topic :0)

OP: Try to flash CM rom...
Rom: http://goo-inside.me/cm/dream_sapphire/stable/update-cm-6.1.0-DS-signed.zip
EBI 1 kernel: http://briancrook.ca/android/cm-ports/bc-6.1.0-ebi1-signed.zip
Google apps: http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip

Flash in this order without any reboots:
1) rom
2) kernel
3) gapps
4) Wipe <-- VERY IMPORTANT
reboot and you should be good to go...
nb: first boot may take up to 15 min before you see the welcome screen.. :0)