[ROM] unofficial CM9 by jokersax 7/04/2012

Search This thread

cnewsgrp

Mar 22, 2008
First thoughts: I am impressed by ICS and look forward to a stable release. Thanks jokersax111 for an early preview:)

Not sure if these are known issues, but I have observed two problems after flashing this ROM for first time
1) Bluetooth pairs correctly, but call does not transfer to headset when I get or make a call. I don't see bluetooth option as well.
2) I get a creepy message "Where are you??" in the notification bar at random intervals. When I click on it, I go to Location Services in settings. I have not seen it since yesterday, most likely because I unchecked "Location and Google Search"

I am on .4.5.1 and faux123's V3 kernel. Before this I was using Nottarix 1.3.1 version and bluetooth worked fine.

Any thoughts?

TheMan0790

May 22, 2011
I have one issue with all this. Certain apps will sometimes not let me tap certain parts of the screen. Biggest example so far: Bloomberg. When I go to the search screen and try to hit recently searched stocks (in this case I have 3 stocks saved), I can hit the top and bottom stock, but cannot tap on the middle stock. Thoughts?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

A.VOID

Aug 10, 2010

I saw the where are you at first. Its gone now.
My bt also acted like yours after the initial pairing. Seemed to work on the second call, but I cantfind the setting option to allow bt access while screen is off.

No live wallpaper support in this one?

Last edited:
Reactions: ru11er

sendust7

Oct 24, 2011
California
This is a "jokers-atrix-cm9-0.4.5.1.zip" standard install over Turl's v10 with data/cache/dalvik/batt wipe. VERY nice work Joker.

Note error message ending in "Installation aborted." just below "AROMA INSTALLER Finished". I am not sure what this means, but ROM and GApps are working well so far.

Today I will try out an OC kernel to help camera, etc.

nerfman100

Jan 11, 2012
First thoughts: I am impressed by ICS and look forward to a stable release. Thanks jokersax111 for an early preview:)

Not sure if these are known issues, but I have observed two problems after flashing this ROM for first time
1) Bluetooth pairs correctly, but call does not transfer to headset when I get or make a call. I don't see bluetooth option as well.
2) I get a creepy message "Where are you??" in the notification bar at random intervals. When I click on it, I go to Location Services in settings. I have not seen it since yesterday, most likely because I unchecked "Location and Google Search"

I am on .4.5.1 and faux123's V3 kernel. Before this I was using Nottarix 1.3.1 version and bluetooth worked fine.

The "Where are you???" is really jokersax's version of the "Searching for GPS" message from other CM9 and ICS ROMs.

tabod

Feb 17, 2012

My problem is that I can't stream pandora, google music, tune-in radio, power amp music through the car stereo by bluetooth. Only calls and built in music player app. Can somebody else try this? I posted this problem before but got no response. It's the only thing keeping me away from this rom. I'm limited to using Turl's and CNA (which is awesome) because the audio streaming works perfectly. That's too bad because this roms runs really fast and smooth.

Aerokimg

Feb 25, 2011
Schortens
running 0.4.5.1, really smooth but heres my problem,
in a compass app it shows me west as east and east as west, north and south are ok. also i dont have an arrow in google maps anymore, just a point for my position.
i think the maps issue and the east west issue are having the same reason.

and another bug i had on all versions so far and never seen mentioned before, the standart clock has a night mode, to turn it on you hold one finger on the screen untill it turns dark and the numbers blue but as soon as you release your finger it goes back to normal mode instead of kepping it in night mode.

i hope someone knows a solution

nerfman100

Jan 11, 2012
This is a "jokers-atrix-cm9-0.4.5.1.zip" standard install over Turl's v10 with data/cache/dalvik/batt wipe. VERY nice work Joker.

Note error message ending in "Installation aborted." just below "AROMA INSTALLER Finished". I am not sure what this means, but ROM and GApps are working well so far.

Today I will try out an OC kernel to help camera, etc.

I'm pretty sure the error is meaningless. It exists because AROMA Installer does all of the installing, and not CWM.

chronicfathead

Mar 23, 2008
Sleaford, Lincs
Custom installer tested. Haven't notice anything wrong so far, and the install process is good. I would ask if we can have slightly larger fonts to make it easier to read. Calibration went perfect, and then using Aroma was ..Good. Didn't seem to respond straight away, but I think it's more about knowing where to touch.

I can navigate RomRacers in seconds now using the capacitive buttons, but that's mainly because I'm used to it. I think the possibility of offering all sorts of options in one installer is a step in the right direction. If you want, you can select the espresso, but with a few clicks you could also have the skinny caramel latte!

I will try to donate at the start of next month, as I think you deserve it. I am also looking at moving to Be for my broadband, so I'll make sure I use your links. I urge other people to do the same if they can remember. Clicking ads doesn't always give him money, but buying through the ads should, just clear your cookies first.

JoeM01

Nov 18, 2011
Anyone having any heat issues with .4.5.1?

Did a fresh wipe through CWM, loaded up as always. Seems to be running hotter than in previous versions.

Everything seems to be working ok otherwise.

sendust7

Oct 24, 2011
California
I've seen a lot of mention of camera tweaks and "fixes", but I'm still a little unclear on this. Is the current status of the camera "better" than the one in turl's ROM? I frequently get the fun issue where the camera feed is lagged far behind where it should be and thus impossible to use, plus occasional crashes in general resulting in a "cannot connect to camera" message the requires a restart to resolve.
I'm curious if joker managed to fix or improve on any of these issues. I am aware that camcorder is still borked as hell.

Over clock. It helps with the lag. Currently its software encoded

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Even on cm9 1.45 v3, my video camera initially responds well to slow sustained panning, but then quickly degrades --- as if it is trying to respond to a rapidly increasing amount of buffered data. Then Atrix reboots after about 15-20 seconds. And all of this happens in 720p view-only mode, no recording.

It sure would be nice to fix stock camera so we wouldn't have to OC or resort to 3rd party apps... :D

Attachments

• 2012.04.12-12.14.09.jpeg
    2012.04.12-12.14.09.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 477
  • 2012.04.12-12.34.06.jpeg
    2012.04.12-12.34.06.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:

bigdog_nick

Jun 19, 2010
Orange County
I remember in cm7, under wifi advance settings, it had an option for wifi channels and you could pick up to 14. Under advance in cm9, the options not there and sometimes, I have a hard time connecting to some of my schools wifi

#sent from my Atrix on some rom...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]**
     * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread. 

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom. 

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    3. Perform a factory reset.
    4. Flash This ROM.
    5. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Flash CyanogenMod
    2. flash gapps

Wanna downgrade, simply wipe

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Latest version: check site
    Gapps: Link
    Latest version: check site

Other

Credits:
    joxersax11 turl alpha18omega shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer shabbypenguin - ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Well, here it is then :)

Code:
    483e564d002a82c5e7861355b9064202  gapps-ics-20120207.zip
    7c8bd2fa1fe978dba0aef55329e4a936  update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed.zip

Some tips:
    1. Please don't kill my server, it's just a little VPS :)
    2. If you have issues, wipe
    3. If you have duplicate apps and derpage, format /system, flash CM, flash gapps
    4. No support
    5. No ETAs
    6. Thank the south korean guy :) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22322714&postcount=561
    7. I'm not responsible if your dog eats you while flashing or whatever. You know the deal :)
    8. Camcorder doesn't/won't work
    9. Enjoy!
    Guys a lot of family issues came up I will be fixing everything soon. Just remember life comes before free software.

fun facts about cm9 by me

135 countries downloaded cm9 on jokersax.com
    100 terabytes transferred.
    3000 pm's
    10000+ comments between two threads
    Over 2 millions views
    Both threads were 1 and 2 for xda for several weeks.
    200+ referring websites
    150000 attempted attacks
    Someone is using Netscape :what: seriously 500 dollar phone and you're using windows 3.1???
    IPhone 5.2 and 5.3???
    Funniest comment denied "tenga egg video" umm no
    Best pm "bj for your hard work?" I didn't accept as I ended up with the girl that motivated me to get into Android dev'ing.
    Proudest moment: several nvidia workers telling me about cm9 by me before they knew who I was.
    Funniest webmaster email: angry wife claiming I hypnotized her husband into my cult.
    Hardest fix to find, that stupid semicolon :banghead:
    Easiest fix: doing nothing and magically something starts working.

Just a few fun facts

Camera might be fixed today

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App