[CM7][UNOFFICIAL][NOV10] temasek's UNOFFICIAL BUILD 135.4 - FINAL RELEASE

Search This thread

MisjudgedTwat

Feb 10, 2012
Osterholz-Scharmbeck
Damn. I still couldn't get it transparent. I'll go home and try on a pc.

File: "packages/apps/CMParts/src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/UIStatusBarActivity.java"
change this line
Code:
intent.putExtra("outputFormat", Bitmap.CompressFormat.JPEG.toString());
to this line
Code:
intent.putExtra("outputFormat", Bitmap.CompressFormat.PNG.toString());

EDIT:
nevermind, i think you have that already.

Last edited:

alncool

Jan 16, 2006
Paris
Just some feedback about the 98-PDroid build.
I installed it on a fresh install, and reinstalled few apps only.

Here are my issues:
- I've lost clock display on notification bar
- Gyroscope sensors got mad : sometimes the stock launcher goes to horizontal view and i could go make it back to portrait even after a restart. Zen pinball HD game starts at 180° and so on ...
- 3G connexion instable, radio seems to restart often when there is a bad signal

I'm gonna flash 99 build to see if some of these issues are gone. I'll keep you in touch !

Very nice work Temasek as always,
Continue the good work !

MisjudgedTwat

Feb 10, 2012
Osterholz-Scharmbeck
- I've lost clock display on notification bar
change the clock color in cm settings, its black atm.

- Gyroscope sensors got mad : sometimes the stock launcher goes to horizontal view and i could go make it back to portrait even after a restart. Zen pinball HD game starts at 180° and so on ...
no idea

- 3G connexion instable, radio seems to restart often when there is a bad signal
just looks like it, the icon is just disappearing when theres no signal

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
File: "packages/apps/CMParts/src/com/cyanogenmod/cmparts/activities/UIStatusBarActivity.java"
change this line
Code:
intent.putExtra("outputFormat", Bitmap.CompressFormat.JPEG.toString());
to this line
Code:
intent.putExtra("outputFormat", Bitmap.CompressFormat.PNG.toString());

EDIT:
nevermind, i think you have that already.

Yup I've that in #99

I believe it is the lost of transparency of images while downloading. Special way of copy/paste needs to be done or else will lose that transparency.

kickokim

Jan 11, 2012
Since the beginning when I got this phone for cheap a few weeks ago, I haven't tried any other ROM but Cyanogen, so I don't know if there are accuracy problems with the default ROM. The difference in accuracy between my old HTC Desire, and this phone (perhaps not due to the ROM), is just too big. I'm not talking about incidental inaccuracy, and I don't suffer from "GPS spikes". It's just way more off to each side of where I run. I've noticed this over the course of more than 6 runs, clear sky's, etc. Also, the routes are the same as I ran with my old phone, so it should be a good comparison. Perhaps the GPS receiver is just crappier than that of the good 'ol Desire.. I do have a quick fix though.

Did you try other basebands?

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda premium

hadi_rena

Sep 1, 2011
Bandung
one more question, I didnot saw the notes app with this Rom, i tried to restore from titanium backup, but i can not open it, i get foreclose :( Do you have any idea why ?

thanks

Try to install same app from market then restore data only from titanium. If the app not found in market maybe it's have some compatibility problem...

try other similar app if problem persist

MisjudgedTwat

Feb 10, 2012
Osterholz-Scharmbeck
temasek, i figured out that the transparency issue is located in the Gallery3D app.
the transparency is getting lost while cropping the image with it, cause the app is rewriting the image as JPEG, and the JPEG format doesnt support transparency.
when you use the free app "QuickPic" instead, its working fine.
ill try to find a way to fix this in the Gallery3D app, and report then.

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
temasek, i figured out that the transparency issue is located in the Gallery3D app.
the transparency is getting lost while cropping the image with it, cause the app is rewriting the image as JPEG, and the JPEG format doesnt support transparency.
when you use the free app "QuickPic" instead, its working fine.
ill try to find a way to fix this in the Gallery3D app, and report then.

I select the file from Astro File Manager, didn't see it goes thru Gallery3D or does it?

MisjudgedTwat

Feb 10, 2012
Osterholz-Scharmbeck
I select the file from Astro File Manager, didn't see it goes thru Gallery3D or does it?

No, when you use Astro File Manager for selecting, it doesnt go thru Gallery3D.

Uhm wait a sec... i didnt even test with Gallery3D yet.

i just tested with "ES File Explorer", "OI File Manager" and "QuickPic".
QuickPic: wants a crop and does it with transparency.
OI File Manager: Not working anyways
and
ES File Explorer: No crop, removes alpha channel too.

so my result is that it depends on the app which is reading the file.
If your system is not asking which app you wanna use to select file, then you have the Astro File Manager as default for selecting images.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

alright forget what i said about Gallery3D.. its also working perfect with it.
The solution is just to use a gallery, not a file explorer.

zait83

Apr 30, 2010
Getting crazy

I just don't manage to get this out of my system so I write here in hope that someone has a secret trick or something. I've tested a lot of baseband and RIL but my phone seems to drop signal when switching between 2g and 3g, and I might also be connected to sleep of phone (turn of screen). The annoying thing is that the phone can be without signal for hours, until I restart the device. I know that it's connected to the baseband/RIL but I just wondering if it can be related to CM7 also, some disfunctional between these two. For now I'm using BB313 with 218B. Got best data connection and audio. But these signal drops occurs with other BB also.

I'm using Juicedefender and when I allows it to manage 2g and 3g it getting worse. I'm getting tired of this phone but the major problem is this signal drop.

Reactions: franky_z

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Yup I've that in #99

I believe it is the lost of transparency of images while downloading. Special way of copy/paste needs to be done or else will lose that transparency.

Downloading shouldn't be the culprit as that won't harm the download normally.
I got your PM, I'll create new backgrounds with the exact same format.
Do other pictures work with transparency - or is it maybe not supported to load transparent pictures in there (if they're not baked in like the peeping android)?

franky_z

May 18, 2011
I just don't manage to get this out of my system so I write here in hope that someone has a secret trick or something. I've tested a lot of baseband and RIL but my phone seems to drop signal when switching between 2g and 3g, and I might also be connected to sleep of phone (turn of screen). The annoying thing is that the phone can be without signal for hours, until I restart the device. I know that it's connected to the baseband/RIL but I just wondering if it can be related to CM7 also, some disfunctional between these two. For now I'm using BB313 with 218B. Got best data connection and audio. But these signal drops occurs with other BB also.

I'm using Juicedefender and when I allows it to manage 2g and 3g it getting worse. I'm getting tired of this phone but the major problem is this signal drop.

same problem here with bb/ril 1120

Gesendet von meinem Optimus 2X mit Tapatalk

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Okay, here the new images are. The new files are exactly like the "peeping android" image but with the new peeping temasek ;)
According to MisjudgedTwat it just depends on the apps you use to select the image (don't use a file browser but use a Gallery app!).

If this is right you can use both versions, the new and old ones - the new (filename starts with new) has a "greyish transparency" (like peeping android), the old ones have "full transparency".

Download all in one pack: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2478159/android/temasek_backgrounds_by_tonyp.zip

Previews:
new_peeping_temasek_v1_by_tonyp.png
new_peeping_temasek_v2_by_tonyp.png

peeping_temasek_v1_by_tonyp.png
peeping_temasek_v2_by_tonyp.png

Top Liked Posts