Dimaond Gets Hot and Screen Alignment Goes Out

Search This thread

budit

Aug 18, 2008
I have done a reasonable amount of searching on this and have not found anything specific to my problem so figured I should post a question.

I have an issue with my Dimaond when it gets hot generally either using Wifi or Phone Data connection that the screen goes out. Basically everything goes to the left side of the phone so if you hit the Task Icon in the top right corner you get the Start Menu. Phone is basically useless at this point and you have to wait for it to cool down. Has happened since day one and is generally worse when using it when charging. I was watching Utube on it the other night 5min video while on AC charge and it went out. I am running Dutty 2.5 Rom and 25.07 radio have tryed 25.08 and 25.05 no difference was happening when the phone had orginal HTC ROM as well. Also will happen on a long call if the screen is on.

Basically feel issue is hardware related and maybe faulty screen still under warrenty so wanted to know peoples opinion on weather I should send back. Problem is will take a couple of weeks and I don't really wnat to wait that long if I can help it. Also assume it would be best to flash standard ROM back, should I do anything with HARDSPL eg should this be changed back as well if I send it back.

And before anyone says it I have tryed searching this topic and have found lots about HOT dimaonds but nothing related to screen going out at the same time :-(

Thanks

psi70y

Apr 28, 2008
I had this issue in my JasJam (Hermes) whre the screen would simply go white after a while of use and I would have to leave it for a while for it to work again.

Unfortunately it sa hardware issue and you should claim a warranty repair on it

budit

Aug 18, 2008
I can't see how this could be a software problem so I figured it must be the screen eg hardware related. Would be nice to know if anyone has had the same issue with a dimaond... Seems we may be spending some time apart, just hope it doesn't take long to fix..

b0t

Aug 19, 2008
I've had the same issue

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=428976

My first device had been replaced recently (i.e. today) by my network provider (o2) and the new device seems to work without any problems now even if it's "hot".
(i.e. default screen adjustment + creating heat by activating the phone, wlan, bt + recharging it)

budit

Aug 18, 2008
I sent an email to HTC regarding the fault and they said it would have to go back for a warrenty repair. I brought it through a resellar so has to go back to HK from NZ so will be away three weeks uurggghhh... Just seems odd I don't have any physical damage on the screen but hte problem has been around since day one as I remember having the problem the first day I got it. Juyst seems to be getting worse and is easily reproduced by usiung utube over wifi gets hot and it is all over. Just wondering if I should put an offical ROM from HTC back on the device before I send it back as I currenty am running Dutty ROM, what do you think....

tommyboybid

Sep 19, 2008
i put the original rom back on and they still found out the the rom had been flashed, and would not repair on warranty

eyetac

Sep 10, 2008
yep, i also asked about this problem

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=438733

there are some youtube video's of how the phone behaves

my phone seems to do it less frequently since stopping using panosha's rom
im using alpha zero 7 at the moment..

i've also noticed that it isnt necessarily a heat issue, my phone does it completely at random

yesterday i found though, that when the phone did the alignment issue, i gave it a good shake.. and hey.. its all aligned again?!

maybe it was just a fluke, it hasnt freaked out since..
holding thumbs :(

doena

Jul 22, 2007
Hey,
I also have the same screen problem, but my Alignment goes to right.
If I press on the left side, a press on the right side is recognized.

Good to know that Im not the only one with this problem.

greets doena

budit

Aug 18, 2008
I got my phone back a week ago replaced the screen has been away for over two months, complete disaster, anyway all sorted now and I have not had the problem since....

Minus-1

Sep 28, 2008
Toronto
I had this exact same issue (out of the box).

It was a hardware fault and I exchanged it for another one.

Haven't had any problems since.

band27

Sep 25, 2008
Toronto
I had this exact same issue (out of the box).

It was a hardware fault and I exchanged it for another one.

Haven't had any problems since.

Hardware's fault ? Most likely not. I will give u an example of why I think it was software related. My device ran hot as well but I simply switched roms and now it's the complete opposite. Your most recent device most likely come with a different Rom in the phone.