note 10.1charging extremely slow

Search This thread

mickfitz

Oct 3, 2011
Indeed, it charges so slow it drops when you are using it plugged in, if anyone has registered their tab properly with samsung perhaps they could log a fault, I havent had chance to do this yet.

Also, has anyone tried switching back to stock to see if it resolves it?

Ive done factory reset twice, ran the tab without a single store app and still slow.

I have a feeling its charging in USB mode which is usually very slow but the power menu states its charging AC.

mickfitz

Oct 3, 2011
Put the Note on charge at 22.15. Its now 5.25am. Its had over 7 hours charge whilst I sleep and its only at 69%. Up just 61% from plug in.

My note won't last the day now, I'm limping home with a dead note from work and that's when I need it most.
Charging it when using it doesn't help.

Hurry Samsung with the 4.1.2 update because I'm about fed up and ill drop this for something else. Just isn't as productive with a 3rd of my battery non existent.

Chocu1a

Sep 16, 2011
I am having the same issue. I just bought mine. Plugged it in last night at 11:30 pm at 60%. This morning, 7:30 am it is only at 76%.

max621

Jan 18, 2008
Pls check the amps of ur charger... is it 2 amp charger ?

Sent from my GT-N7100

beazie0885

Jul 25, 2008
ATLantA
Im having the same red x and slow charging issues except mine wont connect to the pc as well.>>> big problem. i need to get back to stock so i can RMA and for some reason, my backup went bad. and wont restore. :crying:

mickfitz

Oct 3, 2011
Took mine to Samsung and they said it's normal. They said an S3 take 4 hours and seeing this battery is 3 times the size, it takes 12.

I picked up my tablet and walked out. Stupid uninformed staff with no idea.

I'm selling it today and wait for something not Samsung.

Reactions: c0r130n3

Chocu1a

Sep 16, 2011
Took mine to Samsung and they said it's normal. They said an S3 take 4 hours and seeing this battery is 3 times the size, it takes 12.

Call a customer service representative. They filed an rma for me yesterday. Mine told me it should take six hours to charge. I ended up flashing back to ICS and re-download JB and my charging is back to 5/6 hours.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

huzi7868

Jun 26, 2009
mine was bad so i clocked the speed to 1ghz in set cpu and min to 200 and its better than before for me

gwuhua1984

Nov 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I left the tablet off to charge last night, cause I couldn't charge with it being on. The tablet will show a red x on the battery if plugged in to charge when tablet is on. When I charge it, the screen will show the battery being charged, but turns black before the blue indicator fill up the whole battery symbol and the battery % wouldn't increase when that happens. If I'm lucky, then the battery will fill up all the way, then I could see it was being charged when I turn it on. I left it off to charge last night at 11, since I was lucky last night the battery symbol fill up all the way when I turned it on, this morning it was barely at 80%. I've been using the same wall charger to charge, does this have something to do with the JB update?

Justinchi

Mar 30, 2012
I left the tablet off to charge last night, cause I couldn't charge with it being on. The tablet will show a red x on the battery if plugged in to charge when tablet is on. When I charge it, the screen will show the battery being charged, but turns black before the blue indicator fill up the whole battery symbol and the battery % wouldn't increase when that happens. If I'm lucky, then the battery will fill up all the way, then I could see it was being charged when I turn it on. I left it off to charge last night at 11, since I was lucky last night the battery symbol fill up all the way when I turned it on, this morning it was barely at 80%. I've been using the same wall charger to charge, does this have something to do with the JB update?

I think the red x is caused by some voltage error. It usually occurs for me when plugging into a Computer or when you need to turn your plug the other way in the socket. Maybe trying a different socket would help also.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

gwuhua1984

Nov 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I think the red x is caused by some voltage error. It usually occurs for me when plugging into a Computer or when you need to turn your plug the other way in the socket. Maybe trying a different socket would help also.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

I've tried several wall sockets this weekend, and it seem to work randomly and very very slowly at 80% after 8 hours. Does that mean I should buy a new charger now? I'm just afraid that this problem continues and I waste money on the new charger.

Last edited:

Justinchi

Mar 30, 2012
I've tried several wall sockets this weekend, and it seem to work randomly and very very slowly at 80% after 8 hours. Does that mean I should buy a new charger now? I'm just afraid that this problem continues and I waste money on the new charger.
I'd contact Support. Maybe they can send you a replacement device or troubleshoot you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My note 10.1 is with something rom jb4.1.1
    Fewdays ago, I found that my note 10.1 charging speed becomes extremely slow. For example, I wentbed with 50% left , and after 7 hours of sleeping, after I woke up, it was only 88%
    This never happens in the past, and only start in this few days
    Any help?:(
    Sry for my badenglish

Are you using the original cable? I had the same problem with a 3m no-name cable I bought off ebay.

i have same problem here, i bought my note 10.1 GT N8000 2nd hand (2014) and it is already on JB. at first it slow charging almost 12 hour to fully charge. but after that its getting normal at about 4 -5 hour to fully charge.

in about 3 month ago it become ridiculously slow to charge, its take 3 days to fully charge and just can live 6 hour if i use to browse. i have samsung galaxy s 5 and have same problem too and i install " galaxy current charge " from playstore to check my current charge. it is different current if you try different wall socket, already try it. the apps show that on my galaxy s 5 says current 750mA at office, 450mA at computer, 1200mA at home. its faster to charge my galaxy s 5 at home. but on my galaxy note 10.1 says current -minus when i charge and use it so the battery will keep droping, and if im not use the note it say its randomly changing in 102 - 602mA, i think thats way its become slow to fully charge 7000mAH its 3 time capacity with half current. im charge use the original charger.
    note 7000mAH at 102mA will fully charge in 70 H, at 602mA will fully charge in 11.30 H if i not use it. i dont know yet what factor that makes my current not stable in my note (randomly beetwen 102 - 602mA).
    s 5 2800mAH at 1200mA will fully charge in 2.15H, at 750mA will fully charge in almost 4H, at 450mA will fully charge in 6.2H

i wonder if it self defense to prevent hot or something. i try to charge my note with my s 5 charger and it show red cross in battery indicator, i know it is because of Ampere of my s 5 charger is 0.7A. im not try different cable or different charger yet.

im not sure if i do factory reset or install ICS will solve the problem, and i plan to try different cable first.
    Problem with Connector/Cable....if not charger.
    My original cable did that problem too & now I'm using a micro USB to Samsung 30 Pin converter + Note 4 cable to charge.
    It takes only ~4 - 5 hours from 0% to 100%
    ....and if you buy 2nd hand N8000, it's better for you to replace the battery with a new one.