[Q] Android system drain after factory reset.

Search This thread

Pokkle

Jan 23, 2014
I'm starting to think the goodness of the Note 3 battery is becoming a joke. What I did was clear my cache partition and did a factory reset after from the recovery menu. I have not installed any other apps yet. I just set up dropbox, play books, email, etc. Normal things for normal use.

I did a reset because my battery was draining before and I thought a reset could resolve it. I need to ask for solutions as this is really giving me a headache.

Don't ask if I have turned off this or that, most probably I did as I read from multiple threads. Those threads are only guessing or otherwise throwing the OP in a loop for the search of answers.

Xda, I need your help to figure out how to SOLVE this stupid drain.

Note on the screenshot: I took that screen after 30 mins after plugging it out. It drained 2% while I was doing absolutely nothing but stare at the Android System bar graph go higher. Its like a plague for the damn phone.

---

Edit:
I installed BBS and here are screenshots of the partial and kernel wakelock. Is this normal though? This happened while I was sleeping overnight and I have not installed any apps other than BBS. This is how my stats were before and my battery is draining fast especially when I'm using my phone.

Thing is, I have set all measures possible to extend battery life non rooted and it goes down by the minute of light use.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-24-00-11-49.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-24-00-11-49.png
    253.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Screenshot_2014-01-24-00-12-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-24-00-12-15.png
    234.5 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot_2014-01-24-09-33-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-24-09-33-40.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2014-01-24-09-33-57.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-24-09-33-57.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
X

x102x96x

I'm starting to think the goodness of the Note 3 battery is becoming a joke. What I did was clear my cache partition and did a factory reset after from the recovery menu. I have not installed any other apps yet. I just set up dropbox, play books, email, etc. Normal things for normal use.

I did a reset because my battery was draining before and I thought a reset could resolve it. I need to ask for solutions as this is really giving me a headache.

Don't ask if I have turned off this or that, most probably I did as I read from multiple threads. Those threads are only guessing or otherwise throwing the OP in a loop for the search of answers.

Note on the screenshot: I took that screen after 30 mins after plugging it out. It drained 2% while I was doing absolutely nothing but stare at the Android System bar graph go higher. Its like a plague for the damn phone.

at least should mentioned ur model n900 or n9005!?

anyway i did this for my N900 after i got battery draining once and it solve problem;
when it discharge to ~15% turn it off and connect it to charger and let it charging 100%
it can help battery to charge without using it at same time
i mentioned it before several times (in another threads) it s like re-gauging battery.

another thing u can do is flashing another stock firmware
but search for the more stable firmware.
:good:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York

The joys of Android!

Wakelock detector and BetterBatteryStats are your best friend in regards to stuff like that. - Usually it's Alarmmanager or something similar that causes it. What generally fixed it for me was switching ROMS

Pokkle

Jan 23, 2014
The joys of Android!

Wakelock detector and BetterBatteryStats are your best friend in regards to stuff like that. - Usually it's Alarmmanager or something similar that causes it. What generally fixed it for me was switching ROMS

The joys Android bring me alright...

I downloaded bbs and will check after I wake up!

*rooting, switching roms and other watchamacallit are out of my comfort zone atm. I am trying to read about them alright but idk, I just don't get it lol. The Note 3 is my first Android/smartphone coming from the olden mobile phone days.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Ahh wise not messing if out of your comfort zone then, sensible guy. :)

However, have a good read around, you'll find after some heavy duty reading you'll probably feel alright in maybe trying rooting and debloating some apps etc. But then again, you might not. That is one of the best things about Android, you can play around to suit your needs whether novice or pro.

Also, if you do fancy rooting and need help you can post here, or you can just shoot me a PM I'll help you over the first hurdle at least if you want :good:

Reactions: Pokkle

Pokkle

Jan 23, 2014
Do you also have a microSD or a large amount of custom files in your (internal or external) memory? Since when you do factory-reset you also clear all the preliminary indexes and caches that the system created, and it will work pretty hard to re-index all that after first reboot!

No, I don't have an SD card inserted. This is my second reboot since trying to solve the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ahh wise not messing if out of your comfort zone then, sensible guy. :)

However, have a good read around, you'll find after some heavy duty reading you'll probably feel alright in maybe trying rooting and debloating some apps etc. But then again, you might not. That is one of the best things about Android, you can play around to suit your needs whether novice or pro.

Also, if you do fancy rooting and need help you can post here, or you can just shoot me a PM I'll help you over the first hurdle at least if you want :good: