[THEME] Ultra Espresso v.02 [CM5.0.7][4/30]

Search This thread

ultra spikey

Jul 5, 2006
UPDATE 4/30: Ported to run on CM 5.0.7

It's been a while since I've messed with themes. Here is one I've been working on recently. It is based of the HTC Espresso UI. So far I've only edited the framework, contacts, and launcher apk's. Will finish more when I get time. All images were optimized with OptiPNG.

I do want to give credit to drpfenderson, I took a few images from his framework-res.apk, until I modify them myself.

Download here-
http://ultraespresso.googlecode.com/files/ultra-espresso-v0.2-CM507-signed.zip

home.png
phone.png

Changelog:
v0.2 -
- Modified to work on CM 5.0.7

v0.1 -
- Copied Espresso drawables to framework-res.apk.
- Edited Contacts.apk.
- Edited Framework-res.apk.
- Edited Launcher.apk

Last edited:

skyundersea

Feb 20, 2010
I tried flashing, getting "E:No signature (774 files)
E:Verification failed"

And considering this theme is 1.14mb when most are >10mb, I am thinking there is something wrong here...

Eclair~

Dec 21, 2009
I'm having problems applying the theme via metamorph, it says the theme control files could be missing or whatever. I know this is a noob question, but I never bothered with metamorphs because I never figured out what was the problem..

ultra spikey

Jul 5, 2006
The first post of the thread said rename it, I'm simply following the steps that were given to me.

And I'm on Super 1.9, I didn't think it would matter much, if at all..

It shouldnt really matter what version SuperD youre running, so I dont know why it's not working for you. I uploaded v0.1 again, but this time you won't need to rename it, just to make things easier.

ID#

Jul 13, 2009
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus One
It works fine for me on SuperD 1.9.2 with Dwangs kernel, but I modified it a little bit, because I love the white version :D
I call it latte-macchiato :p

But this theme looks awesome :D I really like it :) Good job, ultra spikey ;)

Last edited:

tmobilewinguser

Jul 14, 2007
It works fine for me on SuperD 1.9.2 with Dwangs kernel, but I modified it a little bit, because I love the white version :D
I call it latte-macchiato :p

But this theme looks awesome :D I really like it :) Good job, ultra spikey ;)

ok thanks.

ps. if you dont mind me asking is super d better with dwangs kernal or just as stand alone super d

SDeba

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2010
Warsaw
A liitle offtop but, is there any possibility to get this Flip Clock as a widget to my CyanogenMod?

Thanks

ID#

Jul 13, 2009
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus One
ps. if you dont mind me asking is super d better with dwangs kernal or just as stand alone super d
I just tried it, but it isn't really worth to do it, there is quite no difference in speed or stability or sth imho!

A liitle offtop but, is there any possibility to get this Flip Clock as a widget to my CyanogenMod?

It's called weather widget ;) But I think it's the donate version :)

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
Got to admit I only used the Contacts part of your Metamorph as I find the launcher a bit too big.

But got to say, great work nonetheless! Really dig the dialer! ;)

Last edited:

sychie

Oct 23, 2009
this theme couses problem with market. after metamorphing, market doesnt install apps

PS I am sure this is framework.res problem. I installed contacts and launcher, and everythink is fine. After frameowork, market crashes

Last edited:

ultra spikey

Jul 5, 2006
I think I figured out why some people are having issues. Looks like SuperD's system partition needs to be mounted as read-write in order for the Metamorph to push the files. Just enter this in Terminal first to remount as read-write, then Metamorph.

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

edit: nevermind, this worked the first time, then tried it again to test and now it won't morph. I'll look into it more tomorrow, going to sleep.

Last edited: