[Q] How to Extend Battery Life of Android Mobile ?

Search This thread

Saeed rehman

Sep 12, 2014
Hi there ! Today my simple question is how to increase battery life of android mobile ! Please tell me some tips cause I'm tired ?

- Turn off all unnecessary connections. That includes GPS, NFC, Locationservices, Sync, etc. That alone will save you days.

- Turn off WiFi when you're not using it.

- Greenify all apps before you turn the screen off. Android keeps apps running in the background for quick access, but it eats battery. Yes, greenifying them will mean they take a second longer to open, but it'll save battery life.

- Turn down the brightness. Use LUX to go below 0%. (Which doesn't actually mean the screen turns off.)

- Disable or delete all bloatware, or as much as you can.

- Using a MicroSD? Drop a .nomedia file in every folder that doesn't need to show up in a mediaplayer. (pdf's, comics, etc). You can still open the files through a filemanager, but MediaScanner/Indexingservice won't freeze on them.

- Turn off all unnecessary sensors. Especially if you're using a Samsung, those have quite a lot of sensors.

nemesis086

Jan 21, 2015
Maybe you should remove bloatwares using titanium backup im doing this on my galaxy note before. Even on my s2 :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app

Is there a way to get NOTHING running in the background?

Developers options > Limit Background Processes > "No Background Processes".

Remember that this means that if you're writing an email, and you open the browser, the email is gone. If you're listening to music, that's it, you can't do anything else or the music app shuts down.

D

Darth

There is absolutely no need to use task killers or anything like that on an Android. Android is designed to run with apps cached for quick opening of them. And designed to run on little free memory.

As long as apps "behave", it will not affect your battery having them running in background. If the odd app does seem to cause trouble, try using Greenify to hibernate such apps.

Having no apps running will definitely cause more drain for you, as it takes more cpu power to initialize them every time you open them, or the system does. Hence why task killers do more harm than good. :good:

If you have battery issues, it's likely poor reception on data, an inefficient setup or app wakelocks. Use GSAM to see about that.

Top Liked Posts