Broken battery?

Search This thread

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
Hi!
I'm suffering from a strange battery behavior lately: This morning, after 9 hours charging, I woke up to a 75% full battery, when usually, it should get 100% charge overnight. Previously, I had an accidental power off by power depletion, some hours ago.
Now, I'm trying to charge the phone but it seems to charge way too slow.
Finally, I decided to power it off and let it charge without any possible drainage. In the moment I powered it off, I was prompted with the battery icon displaying 96% charged...??!?!?!?
I don't know if either the battery is broken, the rom is reporting it wrong or what.
I usually play Ingress, which drains the battery like crazy, and I'm usually browsing the internet and reading twitter on my phone, so, at the beginning I thought I just needed to keep my hands off the phone for a while and let it charge, but after that overnigt 75% charge incident... I don't know what to think.

ROM is Carbon ROM KK, kernel is AK without any tweaks, no undervolting or anything... any advice?

mimsiroll

Dec 14, 2011
manila
Hi!
I'm suffering from a strange battery behavior lately: This morning, after 9 hours charging, I woke up to a 75% full battery, when usually, it should get 100% charge overnight. Previously, I had an accidental power off by power depletion, some hours ago.
Now, I'm trying to charge the phone but it seems to charge way too slow.
Finally, I decided to power it off and let it charge without any possible drainage. In the moment I powered it off, I was prompted with the battery icon displaying 96% charged...??!?!?!?
I don't know if either the battery is broken, the rom is reporting it wrong or what.
I usually play Ingress, which drains the battery like crazy, and I'm usually browsing the internet and reading twitter on my phone, so, at the beginning I thought I just needed to keep my hands off the phone for a while and let it charge, but after that overnigt 75% charge incident... I don't know what to think.

ROM is Carbon ROM KK, kernel is AK without any tweaks, no undervolting or anything... any advice?

Don't over charge.

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
Yes, I have the bad habit of being unable to see my phone drop the battery level under 60%. At my job, I always leave it on a qi charger, regardless of it being full or empty. Perhaps I have to take the habit of letting it drain until 30% or so, and start charging then.
Other thing I can do is limit the charge level top, tweaking the kernel setting via synapse..... Could that be a good thing?
After starting the phone, the battery level seems to be OK. It's 87% now and it's draining quite slow, compared to before. I guess I'll have to start treating my battery better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

GFXi0N

Aug 14, 2010
Bilbao
Some update: the phone was bought on March 2013,but the battery has a build date of December 2013. I think the guys that repaired the phone swapped the battery for another one and left me with a defective one.