[Q] Ut oh... paper weight

Search This thread

1st.name.eric

Dec 29, 2013
Well something catastrophic just happened. I had downloaded and installed the one-click full restore for 4.4.2 and everything seemed to work perfectly. Worked as advertised.

It rebooted and started the typical google play updates... working great. It happened to be plugged into my USB port at this time. I unplugged the USB and plugged it into the wall (factory charger) and the screen went blank and alittle hot one the back left side (looking down at screen) in the middle. No power, nothing. Will not turn on... just completely dead.

I have tried the getting into recovery etc etc... nothing. I didn't know if there was another set of HARD reboot actions I could pursue to try to get this thing to turn on?

Appreciate anything..

Thanks

1st.name.eric

Dec 29, 2013
One more thing to add... Im wondering if the battery was completely dead... seconds before, I looked and it was at 38% while plugged into USB... it was draining with the limited USB power, so I was plugging it into the wall for more power when it died.

At this point, I am just leaving it plugged in for awhile... it seems when I first got it the battery was so dead it wouldn't turn on... but.. I think I at least got the battery screen.'

1st.name.eric

Dec 29, 2013
Well that sucks.

You could try a new battery?

Have you tried calling the service department?

Yes it does suck..LOL I could try a new battery, but I don't think I have ever seen a battery cause no power immediately. If it wer the battery I would think plug power would work... but not knowing exactly how it is wired.... the motherboard heats up when charging so it appears power is getting past the charging port..

I haven't called service... I voided warranty with rooting.

DozenMadder

Jan 29, 2012
New England
If you are getting anything on the screen at all then a usb download jig (cheap and available on the web) will likely get you to download mode. If it does then you can flash via Odin or Heimdall as you please.

There are tutorials on YouTube for how to use a jig (super easy) and even how to build your own (also easy).

I guess you could try it even if you have only black screen too, but chances are less likely that it will work in that case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2