Phone slowing down?

Search This thread

LightningKitsune

Apr 7, 2013
I am using a HTC One M8 (ATT model, Best Buy edition)

There are no threads about this issue that I haven't checked: my phone seems to be acting not only sluggish, but some other weird things seem to be happening.

- Google Play Store seems to be taking forever to start to download, downloads fine, takes forever to start to install, and about 20 minutes later (if the app hasnt been killed off by then since I have only 1 app in the background, to see if that fixed my lag issues before switching to just 1 app in background) it finally installs.

- Quickpic doesnt seem to want to load anything at all (I use it as my main app to view pictures since HTC Gallery cant view animations in a loop). It just sits there at a black screen with a loading circle at the top, no thumbnails or folders show up. I have cleared the phone's cache with

- Rebooting does nothing to solve my issues.

- Restoring to factory default does nothing to solve my issues.

- Restricting background processes to 1 does nothing to solve my issues.

- Disabling Power Saving mode entirely does nothing to solve my issues.

- Disabling apps that I don't use does nothing to solve my issues.

Anyone know what my issue is and how I could fix it? This would be extremely helpful, thanks.

FYI, I am not rooted, I will save this as a last resort if need be.

**Edit** using App Cache Cleaner app, apparently my phone storage is at 23.6 GB/ 24.8 GB. Will try seeing if cleaning up some stuff manually fixes this.

Last edited:

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis
I am using a HTC One M8 (ATT model, Best Buy edition)

There are no threads about this issue that I haven't checked: my phone seems to be acting not only sluggish, but some other weird things seem to be happening.

- Google Play Store seems to be taking forever to start to download, downloads fine, takes forever to start to install, and about 20 minutes later (if the app hasnt been killed off by then since I have only 1 app in the background, to see if that fixed my lag issues before switching to just 1 app in background) it finally installs.

- Quickpic doesnt seem to want to load anything at all (I use it as my main app to view pictures since HTC Gallery cant view animations in a loop). It just sits there at a black screen with a loading circle at the top, no thumbnails or folders show up.

- Rebooting does nothing to solve my issues.

- Restoring to factory default does nothing to solve my issues.

- Restricting background processes to 1 does nothing to solve my issues.

- Disabling Power Saving mode entirely does nothing to solve my issues.

- Disabling apps that I don't use does nothing to solve my issues.

Anyone know what my issue is and how I could fix it? This would be extremely helpful, thanks.

FYI, I am not rooted, I will save this as a last resort if need be.

Seems weird. Install CPU spy and see what frequency your processor cores are running at.

LightningKitsune

Apr 7, 2013
Wow I derped pretty hard, the issue was fixed when I checked the box with "Erase all data" under Reset Phone. Didn't check that when I reset it the first time. Guess I had too much media on it...?