Battery Drain, but NO Wakelocks

Search This thread

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas
I have an odd issue that happened twice so far over the last couple months.

I'm well aware of the common issues that cause battery drains, such as app wakelocks, Google Play Services, wifi scanning, location etc... Sometimes my phone's battery just tanks @ idle, dropping like 5-10% per hour, with nothing causing wakelocks at all. Normally, my phone probably drains < 1% per hour, so obviously it's an issue.

I was able to fix the issue after going into recovery and wiping cache/dalvik and what not, but it's really odd. It seems like the phone sometimes just can't measure the % correctly.

And again, my phone generally drains <1% per hour, and when the issue occurs, I check my phone and I see it tank to like 40% after 5-6 hours idling when settings were not altered.

Does anyone else have similar issues as this??

Reactions: Aerowinder

soccerfan6789

Nov 21, 2012
New York
As you stated above, there are wakelocks. I don't know how you would lose 10% every hour on idle mode. Normal loss is 1%- 4%. Please install a wake lock app such as betterbatterystats and report back with a screenshot or look up what the wakelock means. Majority of the time, it's just a app sucking your battery. If this is a major concern to you however, just factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

J

jetlitheone

Anyway to not have everything off in airplane mode and get less than 1% drain an hour?

I think thats substantial battery drain lol

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012

I'm well aware of the common issues that cause battery drains, such as app wakelocks, Google Play Services, wifi scanning, location etc... Sometimes my phone's battery just tanks @ idle, dropping like 5-10% per hour, with nothing causing wakelocks at all. Normally, my phone probably drains < 1% per hour, so obviously it's an issue.

I was able to fix the issue after going into recovery and wiping cache/dalvik and what not, but it's really odd. It seems like the phone sometimes just can't measure the % correctly.

And again, my phone generally drains <1% per hour, and when the issue occurs, I check my phone and I see it tank to like 40% after 5-6 hours idling when settings were not altered.

I posted about what I think is the same issue I've seen here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589036. Look familiar? Happens more frequently to me than it does to you, but I reboot often due to kernel updates, Xposed module updates, etc.

I hope it's a software bug, but honestly, I haven't seen anyone else complain about it. Until now. I find it impossible to believe nobody else has noticed it. It's impossible to miss.

Last edited:

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas
I posted about what I think is the same issue I've seen here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589036. Look familiar? Happens more frequently to me than it does to you, but I reboot often due to kernel updates, Xposed module updates, etc.

I hope it's a software bug, but honestly, I haven't seen anyone else complain about it. Until now. I find it impossible to believe nobody else has noticed it. It's impossible to miss.

I've been on Cataclysm rom for a while now and it's very random. Only experienced twice and I preordered my phone (so however long I've had it).

And as to the other posts above, like I said, I'm not a novice to identifying wakelocks... I'm well aware of the typical wakelock issues this phone has, and my device generally doesn't experience this drain. Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots, but basically everything looks normal in BetterBatteryStats, but the battery % just tanks in a linear line with hardly any awakes.

I'm personally thinking it's a bug with the software regarding reading battery %.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Not on this phone no. When I had my HTC one I would regularly get around 0.4% per hour standby drain. That was the best I've ever gotten on any phone except the iPhone.

My HTC One was at about 1%/hr. My Moto X on it's best night lost only 1% over 8 hours but I usually lose 2-3%. My Nexus 5 is at 3-4% overnight. I've seen it do less though. I have to leave wifi off (on both my X and my N5), otherwise the drain becomes more substantial. As long as it's on LTE, when it sleeps, it SLEEPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.