G3 very slow charging

Search This thread

Ark1406

Jul 13, 2013
Anyone else? It takes my phone about 15 hours to fully charge with OEM stuff. Wish i was lying. I tried a 2.1 amp adapter and seeing little improvement..but its there. Basically i can't use my phone while charging or ill never increase battery. What should i do? I was thinking of getting a hirer amp adapter

ZiCott

Feb 15, 2013
....try another battery?

Anyone else? It takes my phone about 15 hours to fully charge with OEM stuff. Wish i was lying. I tried a 2.1 amp adapter and seeing little improvement..but its there. Basically i can't use my phone while charging or ill never increase battery. What should i do? I was thinking of getting a hirer amp adapter

Maybe there is something wrong with the battery or the charging contacts...

I use a BB BOLD charger, and it full charge in about an hour. I also use a Nokia Qi DT-900 wireless charging pad, and gets a full charge in about 2-3 hours...

I am using D855 on V10h

D0MINO

Jan 14, 2011
It seems that a lot of manufacturers think it is fine to just bundle a USB cable and a USB plug adapter but my understanding is that this gives much less power to charge the device than an actual proper plug build adapter. Through USB, my phone takes about 2-3hrs to charge but I don't own any USB micro plug adapters as they all end up breaking after a while due to their criminally bad design. I went through about 7 of them in 4yrs with my SGS.

USB Micro is truly the worst standard that has been imposed upon us all as with all the Nokia, Sony Ericsson etc individual chargers that came with phones before, I had 0 break through the lifetime of the related phone I was using. I have to say that Apple has got a winner there with the ThunderBolt and shame that nobody really has decided to use it since it was designed by and is owned by Intel not Apple.

With regards to you not being able to use ur phone whilst charging. I once bought a generic chinese USB micro wall adapter abroad and whilst when I tried to use my phone my digitiser would not work correctly (it did this with any phone) but it charged the phone within 1 hr instead of about 2 so I put up with it (until it broke lol).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ark1406

gpap2004

Aug 12, 2007
2 or 3 hours with OEM charger (1.8w output)

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Reactions: D0MINO

D0MINO

Jan 14, 2011

Ah yes I noticed by plugging in the Charger Doctor. I got the fast charge USB adapter from eBay and just plugging it into my USB ports made no difference..that dodgy USB 3/0 port is still giving 0.2A with it and another USB wall plug adapter I have gives 0.8A and not the 1A it claims will be activated. I can only conclude that it is a fake as without using that adapter the readings are the same.

Reactions: gpap2004

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It seems that a lot of manufacturers think it is fine to just bundle a USB cable and a USB plug adapter but my understanding is that this gives much less power to charge the device than an actual proper plug build adapter. Through USB, my phone takes about 2-3hrs to charge but I don't own any USB micro plug adapters as they all end up breaking after a while due to their criminally bad design. I went through about 7 of them in 4yrs with my SGS.

USB Micro is truly the worst standard that has been imposed upon us all as with all the Nokia, Sony Ericsson etc individual chargers that came with phones before, I had 0 break through the lifetime of the related phone I was using. I have to say that Apple has got a winner there with the ThunderBolt and shame that nobody really has decided to use it since it was designed by and is owned by Intel not Apple.

With regards to you not being able to use ur phone whilst charging. I once bought a generic chinese USB micro wall adapter abroad and whilst when I tried to use my phone my digitiser would not work correctly (it did this with any phone) but it charged the phone within 1 hr instead of about 2 so I put up with it (until it broke lol).

Ah yes I noticed by plugging in the Charger Doctor. I got the fast charge USB adapter from eBay and just plugging it into my USB ports made no difference..that dodgy USB 3/0 port is still giving 0.2A with it and another USB wall plug adapter I have gives 0.8A and not the 1A it claims will be activated. I can only conclude that it is a fake as without using that adapter the readings are the same.