A Poll --Will you move to Galaxy S III?

Will you move to Galaxy S III?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Paul-Lemonidis

Jul 31, 2008
No chance

I will be happy to wait for the N2. The S3 is actually starting to look like it won't be that great after all. I just hope the N2 ships with Jellybean from the outset, so we are not playing a long waiting game for an upgrade, like we are for ICS right now, all over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: thelestat

Techimplant

Mar 14, 2012
Delhi
Never..no samsung product for me..Note has a terrible black clipping issue n samsung is not admitting it..their products r pathetic..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Walvater

Sep 10, 2010
I guess I will as soon as I can get my hands on it! :) The only reason I bought the SGN was because of it's screen size and resolution. Otherwise it was no big deal switching from the SGS II.
But I am really looking forward to the SGS III. I hope they have improved the pentilematrix screen...

osetivo

Mar 23, 2006
Louisiana
Google Pixel Fold
Smaller screen= a downgrade

lets be honest... once you get over the "i feel like a dork" hurdle using your note in public, there is nothing to admire about a phone with a smaller screen

My previous "phone" was an 0G Galaxy Tab 7" and I loved it. but hated the Bluetooth headset.

If I had one of those bluetooth stylus pens (for answering phone calls) that's coming out with the Asus Padphone, I'd go back to a 7" form factor in a heartbeat.

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
I just got my Note almost 3 weeks ago and loving my Note. I also have a Samsung Epic 4G on my Sprint account (work pays for bill) and that line is ready for an upgrade on June 30. By then, the SG3 will be out (hopefully) and I can see what specs it has and the reviews of the phone.

M3TALLICA

Nov 14, 2011
I can't compromise with screen anymore. Smaller is downgrade even if its quadcore.
But what would Note2 be like ?
5'3" screen on same hardware as S3 ?
And most important thing, screen issues on Note do not bother me at all but Note2 or S3 got to be perfect.

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
Apart from not wanting a smaller screen (using my old Galaxy S just to get files off of it confirms that I couldn't go back to a smaller screen), I actually use the s Pen a lot more than I thought I would.

I use it often, every day, for taking notes, playing games, cropping photos etc. Doing these things with a finger would be a lot less accurate.
I find it a lot quicker to take handwritten notes in Freenote, than typed text notes using an onscreen keyboard.

blue13x

Apr 28, 2011
I'll be waiting for the note 2, hard to go back to a smaller screen. And I kinda want the pen.

whatsaqazza

Jan 12, 2011
The notes ruined other phones for me. I'll be waiting for the note 2 or if there's a better 5"+ phone then I may get that as long as it has decent development.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

leppo

Jan 31, 2012
Toronto
I've been considering a move to a smaller phone, but I'll skip at least one generation. Would have gone for the Nexus, but I wanted a uSDHC slot.

andreww88

Aug 6, 2011
Mobile, AL
www.andrewsthoughts.net
When the next samsung flagship is released we will have to wait 2-4 months. Then we will have the Note II or what they are going to call it. But the Note is a bigger succes then they expected, so we might see 5.0" + phones from HTC, Motorola, LG etc. And maybe even apple. So lets wait and see. But I know that it will be very hard to use a samller screen once you have owned this phone.

Apple won't create a 5'' phone.

But, yeah, you are right, it would be very difficult to switch to a smaller phone now. I love the Note!

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Apart from not wanting a smaller screen (using my old Galaxy S just to get files off of it confirms that I couldn't go back to a smaller screen), I actually use the s Pen a lot more than I thought I would.

I use it often, every day, for taking notes, playing games, cropping photos etc. Doing these things with a finger would be a lot less accurate.
I find it a lot quicker to take handwritten notes in Freenote, than typed text notes using an onscreen keyboard.

I can't wait until the official ICS release comes out! I'm on ICS Stunner now and I love the S-pen, but it is rather pointless right now. It's just a stylus. But, then again, it will never work fully without the Samsung framework. :(

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Quad core core ain't got the programing behind it yet asfaik. I can't see any other benefits.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
I don't want smaller screen. Anything below 5" is not good enough now... so i don't know what samsung would have to pack into the galaxy s 3 to convince me - and no, i won't replace 5,3" screen with quad core cpu i wont even utilize in half.

jimsey

Oct 14, 2007
Lancashire
I'm torn, I love the screen on the note, but could be tempted by a superior camera and more efficient processor of the s3 . Note 2 won't be here took October/November as they usually leave a year between releases. And they won't outspec the sgs3 as they won't want to impact on the sales of the flagship s3.
I'll prob get an s3 and play with it but doubt I'll keep it more then a month

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts