[ROM] ELIGOROM 3.0.0p1, now with more jellybean! cam works 8/26/2012

Search This thread

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
i know guys, im horrible. lol. i said i was done porting. but i had a little time to spare and just couldnt help myself. this runs pretty well, on par with shelnutt2's cm10 nightlies, just has camera added and some other stuff.

now based off of jb, mongoosehelix projected p2 will be out this weekend, so maybe ill find time to get it ported.

changelog:

eligo-3.0.0p1: 8/26/2012
initial upload
camera works about like ics

k guys

if you try this rom, expect some level of bad juju. i guaruntee some things will not work right. but if you ask me to fix it i will try my hardest to do so.

to start, im not gifted enough to know how to develop, im just a lowly borrower, so if i have nothing to borrow, i have nothing to offer

also i take no responsibility for your phone crashing and burning in an epic fashion, and/or if your cat jumps off your keyboard and makes your coffee spill on your lap, or war, or famine, or disease, or anything of the sort. try at your own risk, dont bother me if your phone blows up

dont give me any credit, give the following people mad props and donate to them if you wish to:

mongoosehelix and all the crew over at the eris forums and evervolv for the rom

dsixda and his kitchen

shelnutt2

anyone else that helped that i may have forgot

im sure i forgot people, im sorry if i did and if i forgot you please yell at me and ill make sure to thank you

this is based off of 4.1.1, evervolv eligo 3.0.0p1 for the eris

what works:
touchscreen
sdcard
radio (data and calls)
adb
camera preview and taking pics
bigger keyboard, more like gb
wifi
buttons
audio
root
vibration
bluetooth
usb mass storage
minfrees set in kernel at boot time
mms hopefully
gps seems to lock on

try messing with camera settings in camera app, i turned down the resolution from 5 mp to UXGA and picture taking worked quicker and looked better in my opinion

works with problems:
camcorder (displays preview but i cant get it to record)
bluetooth
audio, comes out of speaker but not 3.5mm audio jack
other stuff im sure

what i didnt test: (lol its your jobs to test it)
pretty much everything else

when you flash this, remember i did not sign it, so if your using clockworkmod recovery toggle signature verification

i turn off all vibration, except for notifications, that includes the keyboard as haptic feedback slows things down.

jb gapps ~17mb: http://www.mediafire.com/?p5cl09j6bqfdo1d

edit: changed gapps, ripped out stuff that slows down the rom, no functionality hit :)

go into phone app, hit menu, then settings, and check your voicemail number, im on boost so mine is my phone number

this port will not:
most likely be a finished project
win a beauty contest
make your manhood bigger

if you see something wrong, please fix it or ask me to

and now for the link before i forget:

Eligo-3.0.0p1
http://www.mediafire.com/?vzuhrrc1ledxmp4

Eligorom 2.2.0b1-2 ICS (old, not supported anymore)
http://www.mediafire.com/?3aumitqaqzkalf8

happy flashing!

Last edited:

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
gonna repurpose this post

things to accomplish

keep up with updates from shelnutt2 and mongoosehelix.

if you would like to see something added to this to-do list, please post it

Last edited:

Shakes27

Jun 29, 2010
Augusta, GA
Many thanks! Also before I flash back, how might I get mms to work? That is the sole reason I don't use this as a daily rom now.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
hey shakes im working on a fix for mms now

you might have to be my guinea pig though lol so make sure to nandroid before you do any of the stuff to your phone, i dont use mms so i cant tell you if it works

i do see the problem, and it lies in the fact that this was made to be a verizon rom, but a quick fix/replace of /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db should do the trick

shakes, go ahead and flash the update zip attached to the first post

please let me know if it works or not, if not ill keep trying, but hopefully its just fixed

Last edited:
Reactions: Shakes27

Shakes27

Jun 29, 2010
Augusta, GA
Alright, also the update file is actually incorrect, I didn't know it was an update until you posted that... you put the oom file on that post.

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
shakes did you try installing the rom and the update.zip? did mms work? please let us know of your findings, that would be absolutely awesome if it just worked, another thing i can check off my to-do list

Shakes27

Jun 29, 2010
Augusta, GA
So, findings: I cannot read, didn't realize the oom file was the update. Flashed that and the mms fix, mms works now :D but won't download in stock app... Also noticed camera won't focus, not sure if that can be fixed or not. And finally, if I remember correctly the task switcher preview isn't normally zoomed in? Just glad it's working finally, but something to look into if you have time.

Sent from my HeroC using XDA

Reactions: whoshotjr2006

goliath714

Jan 23, 2010
Lynnwood
So, findings: I cannot read, didn't realize the oom file was the update. Flashed that and the mms fix, mms works now :D but won't download in stock app... Also noticed camera won't focus, not sure if that can be fixed or not. And finally, if I remember correctly the task switcher preview isn't normally zoomed in? Just glad it's working finally, but something to look into if you have time.

Sent from my HeroC using XDA
I can't seem to get this to boot, what recovery and gapps should I be using? Currently on cwm 4.0.1.4, I flash rom, flash gapps, flash update.zip and boot. Sits at evervolv boot animation for a long time and never boots in. Left it sitting for an hour and still no boot...

Reactions: whoshotjr2006

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
hey goliath

sorry to hear you cant get this to boot. i use the stock recovery from Rom Manager, its 2.5.0.7 . ive never used the 4 versions. are you on the newest sprint radio? (2.42.02.10.29) older radios have stopped me from being able to boot cm 7 in the past, could be the issue with yours. also toggle "signature verification" in cwmod recovery as i have not signed my rom or updates. first boot does take a few extra minutes, but an hour is too long, something definitely is rotten in denmark. as far as gapps i use this one: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

but i delete the gallery app after install as it just displays black boxes, i use quickpic instead

ill do whatever i can and whatever it takes to get you successfully booting.

shakes,

i have another test for you. im attaching a file called "mmsfix2.zip" to this post that will replace your mms.apk with one from the heroc evervolv rom, and hopefully that should make it so you get the messages in the stock app. as far as holding home for previews, im not sure why they are zoomed but as soon as i figure it out expect an update. if this mms.apk switch works, ill add it to the update.zip attached to the first post.

with camera, unfortunately some things wont work yet. stritfajt posted his camera fix and theres nothing more i can do unless he figures more out, but hes a smart guy and im sure in short time things will be all figured out with it.

Attachments

• mmsfix2.zip
    854 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
hey postal psycho

the radio i use is attached to this post, if you need to just flash it through clockworkmod recovery, you can try to load eligorom with the radio you have right now, but if it doesnt boot then im pretty sure its the radio version, no need to flash back to stock and update prl

i suggest if you like the rom your on right now, nandroid backup. just in case.

i dont have any screenshots to upload, but if you check out this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352170

post #2 there are some screenshots from where this rom originated. i use zeam launcher in place of the stock ics launcher. happy flashing and if you need any help just let me know and ill do my best to fix problems for you

Attachments

• 2.42.02.10.29.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: Postal Psycho

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
mediafire link is working fine over here, try again, if you you still cant download from mediafire and need something else just let me know and ill set up a mirror but you may have just got a bad download, it happens

nukeboy69

May 22, 2008
Thank you whoshotjr2006! It is so cool to have ICS on the ancient Hero CDMA...who wudda thunk it...LOL!!!!!

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
1ceb0x and their crew over at the hero gsm forums for the init.rc tweaks (that im not sure are working on this rom, they work on 4.0.3 very well, ?)

dude, you didn't have to give me any props, though it is very nice for you. I am like you, a guy who tries to help out the Hero community not to die. I'm not a developer thought but I know a few things here and there. The rom at your brother 'hero gsm' is a WIP (work in progress) but right now its almost stalling because we wait for 4.0.5 sources to come out. I've made a 4.0.4 build with all the modifications but after flashing I was amazed to see how slow it is moving. Almost impossible to use! So right now we don't want to jump on the bandwagon of 4.0.4 since it is worse than what we have and we heard some rumors that 4.0.5 should be even more faster than 4.0.3.

I hope you get more testers for this, I see that there are only a couple of people who have flashed it.
Be sure to send me a PM in case you need any infos. Oh, and minfree values don't stick at boot (as you said), we don't have any idea why. The script is good, it has the correct format but after the boot cycle, the rom takes the old minfree values.

one more thing, scripts are working fine in 4.0.4, just be sure to use Notepad++ when edit them. And change the text format to UNIX not DOS/Windows (from Edit - EOL conversions tab - UNIX).

whoshotjr2006

Jun 8, 2010
toledo
hey nukeboy glad to hear you like it

1ceb0x, hey i gotta give credit where credits due. i studied the scripts you guys have for a few days before porting this rom, and wouldnt have known anything about them if it werent for you guys. your ics rom over there at the gsm side runs like a champ on hero cdma, but im kinda stalled in the port because i cant get sdcard to mount the right way, so thats why i went with eris.

would you happen to know why sdcard prepares, mounts, and then says ok to remove? thats the only thing stalling the port of 4.0.3 herogsm. i have a feeling its a difference in how cdma and gsm mounts the sd card, but cant find the cause.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i know guys, im horrible. lol. i said i was done porting. but i had a little time to spare and just couldnt help myself. this runs pretty well, on par with shelnutt2's cm10 nightlies, just has camera added and some other stuff.

now based off of jb, mongoosehelix projected p2 will be out this weekend, so maybe ill find time to get it ported.

changelog:

eligo-3.0.0p1: 8/26/2012
    initial upload
    camera works about like ics

k guys

if you try this rom, expect some level of bad juju. i guaruntee some things will not work right. but if you ask me to fix it i will try my hardest to do so.

to start, im not gifted enough to know how to develop, im just a lowly borrower, so if i have nothing to borrow, i have nothing to offer

also i take no responsibility for your phone crashing and burning in an epic fashion, and/or if your cat jumps off your keyboard and makes your coffee spill on your lap, or war, or famine, or disease, or anything of the sort. try at your own risk, dont bother me if your phone blows up

dont give me any credit, give the following people mad props and donate to them if you wish to:

mongoosehelix and all the crew over at the eris forums and evervolv for the rom

dsixda and his kitchen

shelnutt2

anyone else that helped that i may have forgot

im sure i forgot people, im sorry if i did and if i forgot you please yell at me and ill make sure to thank you

this is based off of 4.1.1, evervolv eligo 3.0.0p1 for the eris

what works:
    touchscreen
    sdcard
    radio (data and calls)
    adb
    camera preview and taking pics
    bigger keyboard, more like gb
    wifi
    buttons
    audio
    root
    vibration
    bluetooth
    usb mass storage
    minfrees set in kernel at boot time
    mms hopefully
    gps seems to lock on

try messing with camera settings in camera app, i turned down the resolution from 5 mp to UXGA and picture taking worked quicker and looked better in my opinion

works with problems:
    camcorder (displays preview but i cant get it to record)
    bluetooth
    audio, comes out of speaker but not 3.5mm audio jack
    other stuff im sure

what i didnt test: (lol its your jobs to test it)
    pretty much everything else

when you flash this, remember i did not sign it, so if your using clockworkmod recovery toggle signature verification

i turn off all vibration, except for notifications, that includes the keyboard as haptic feedback slows things down.

jb gapps ~17mb: http://www.mediafire.com/?p5cl09j6bqfdo1d

edit: changed gapps, ripped out stuff that slows down the rom, no functionality hit :)

go into phone app, hit menu, then settings, and check your voicemail number, im on boost so mine is my phone number

this port will not:
    most likely be a finished project
    win a beauty contest
    make your manhood bigger

if you see something wrong, please fix it or ask me to

and now for the link before i forget:

Eligo-3.0.0p1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vzuhrrc1ledxmp4

Eligorom 2.2.0b1-2 ICS (old, not supported anymore)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3aumitqaqzkalf8

happy flashing!
    im still here guys just been busy with stuff lately

the current affairs of ics on our old heroc is as follows:

we have almost hit a brick wall, as until hardware acceleration is implemented we cant go much further. as much as i hate to say it, gb might be the final frontier for our phones.

im watching linaro and their ics builds, they claim to have 100% speed increases on supported phones, so i wonder if some of their patches could be ported back to our heroes.

as always, if mongoosehelix and evervolv releases an update for the eris, i will jump all over porting it to our phones. i wont give up as long as there is something to port from.

thank you to all of the people who make the wheels turn as efficiently as they do, that includes the devs, and all the testers.
    I have a spare heroc with bad ESN that I use for testing new ROMS before I load them on my daily driver heroc. If you need any testing done just let me know!
    hey darthfruitloop,

did you use v2 (which is 4.0.4) or v3 (which is 4.0.3)?

v3 - 4.0.3 runs way better, its alot more stable too

camera is wonky at first try, wait until you see all controls show up on the screen and then press the settings button>then the triple stacked button, and change Picture Size to something smaller, it works alot better if you do that, and is more responsive. I'd recommend changing focus mode from auto to infinity also.

rom toolbox is not working right for cpu and govornor settings, so i ended up having to use an init.d script to accomplish the same thing. as it sits when you install it;

services.jar is ready for supercharger v6 script (only bulletproofing/die-hard/etc launcher, minfrees wont stick for some reason)

cpu govornor is smartassv2, set at low end 352 and high end 710. -if you want to change this you can use an app such as setcpu which is free on xda if you search for it, or you can go into /system/etc/init.d and change the file called 13cpuspeed.

for minfrees i use auto memory manager, it works pretty good on the aggressive setting. also make sure under settings>developer options>background process limit> is set to "at most 4 processes"

the culmination of all those and the use of zeam launcher, it runs about as fast as gingerbread for me. little bit wonky sometimes, but only sometimes.

im glad to have you as a tester and if you encounter any bugs please let me know and ill do my best to rectify the situation.
    mediafire link is working fine over here, try again, if you you still cant download from mediafire and need something else just let me know and ill set up a mirror but you may have just got a bad download, it happens