[Q] Wireless Charging Sound - how to stop it!!

Search This thread

shyam09

Sep 6, 2012
So just got a QI charger from ebay for my note 3. Whenever I place it on the charger, the "Over the Horizon" ringtone starts playing (I narrowed it down, more details below). When I remove it from the charger, the song keeps playing. When someone calls me, the ringtone keeps playing (so I can hear both the music and the voice). When I shut the phone down, the ringtone plays until the phone actually shuts down.

What I've done:
Since I narrowed it down by listening to all the .ogg files in the /system/media/audio folder, i figured I would just take the ringtone and replace it with a silent one. That doesn't work ...

I'm planning on just using Silent Time to shut the stupid sound from when I go to sleep, but I don't have a fixed sleeping schedule either which sucks ...

Is there any other way to deal with this?

UPDATE 1: Found that there was an .mp3 of that song on the internal SD... deleted it, but no change ...
UPDATE 2: Realized that even if I use Silent Time, it makes no difference because the moment Silent Time stops, the music is going to begin playing again...
UPDATE 3: in the /system/media folder there seems to be a bunch if .qmg files that are titled "battery_wireless_charging_X.qmg"
with X = multiples of 5, all the way up 100... any thoughts on that?

Last edited:

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
So just got a QI charger from ebay for my note 3. Whenever I place it on the charger, the "Over the Horizon" ringtone starts playing (I narrowed it down, more details below). When I remove it from the charger, the song keeps playing. When someone calls me, the ringtone keeps playing (so I can hear both the music and the voice). When I shut the phone down, the ringtone plays until the phone actually shuts down.

What I've done:
Since I narrowed it down by listening to all the .ogg files in the /system/media/audio folder, i figured I would just take the ringtone and replace it with a silent one. That doesn't work ...

I'm planning on just using Silent Time to shut the stupid sound from when I go to sleep, but I don't have a fixed sleeping schedule either which sucks ...

UPDATE 1: Found that there was an .mp3 of that song on the internal SD... deleted it, but no change ...
UPDATE 2: Realized that even if I use Silent Time, it makes no difference because the moment Silent Time stops, the music is going to begin playing again...

it's been posted before that you turn the volume all the way down or mute the phone, before you place on the charger, after on charger they said you can unmute your phone

Reactions: shyam09

xcluzivkido

Jul 4, 2013
Same problem

it's been posted before that you turn the volume all the way down or mute the phone, before you place on the charger, after on charger they said you can unmute your phone

i am having the same problem but with all of the system sounds .... it starts playing whenever there is a system sound :/
... can i get a link to that thread ?

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
i am having the same problem but with all of the system sounds .... it starts playing whenever there is a system sound :/
... can i get a link to that thread ?

If rooted you can use wanam module from xsposed to turn off the sounds.. Might be able to with gravity box as well but pretty sure wanam will fix this for you

From my Fired-up Kitty

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What I've done: