[Q]Galaxy Nexus RAM has become read only?

Search This thread

TiagoBTT

Feb 4, 2014
The RAM of my Galaxy Nexus (14 months old) has become read only. It sounds stupid, but it's. A factory reset, doesn't delete any thing. A fastboot oem unlock does his job, but nothing is deleted. No errors. While using it, any action is not saved (preferences settings, launchpad icons moved or trashed ...) No errors while writing, but changes are not saved.
I want to reset my phone due it restarts after +/- 30 secs. from booting, in an infinite loop.

I also recovered to stock ROM. As you know, there are some steps, first is fastboot oem unlock. During process, it needs to be rebooted after flashing radio*.img and before updating image*.zip. The weird thing is on every reboot, oem becomes locked again. This is a symptom of nothing is able to write that memory :eek:

Also a wipe in recovery mode, waits for just a few seconds and it's done. It should took two minutes at least ... and nothing is deleted. All my data is still there.

Can a virus reside at recovery level? This phone has stock ROM and never was rooted. Just apps from market. Last app I installed (the day before nightmare was Fing, a network finding utility.

Next step is buying a new phone, but I haven't yet money for that at the moment :(

akaria

May 31, 2010
Hello,
I have the exact same problem. Did you have a solution for this? Even reflashing the bootloader does not modify the emmc.