Xperia Z1 [C6943] 14.2.A.1.136 Deodex patch

Search This thread

RHBH

Apr 1, 2013
Sao Paulo
I managed to create a deodex patch compatible with the Brazilian Xperia Z1 (C6943), as the deodex patch for C6903 wasn't fully working (no Digital TV and no Sony Entertainmet Account integrated to system due missing APKs).

== Requirements ==
- Xperia Z1 running stock 14.2.A.1.136
- A working recovery (like CWM)
- Busybox (note: XZDualRecovery users already have Busybox)

Please do a nandroid backup before flash, in case anything goes wrong!

== Installation ==
1- Save the ZIP file on your phone (internal memory or external sdcard)
2- Flash the ZIP through recovery
3- Clear Dalvik-Cache ONLY
4- Reboot to system

Also I included in this ZIP the updated Sony Apps that are not available through Update Center for C6943, here is the list:

== Sony Updated Apps ==
Album App version: 5.4.A.0.20
Info-eye version: 1.3.04
Movies App version: 5.3.A.0.20
WALKMAN version: 8.0.A.0.4

== Download ==
C6943_14.2.A.1.136_deodex.zip [Mega]

Enjoy!

Last edited:

marciozh

Aug 11, 2012
São Raimundo Nonato
Hi RHBH !

I know you from Brasildroid ! ... and did your root tuto for .136...:D

Please tell me: With this deodex patch, only Digital TV doesn´t work ?
Have you noticed any improvement in ram or speedy?

I will try it. Thanks!

RHBH

Apr 1, 2013
Sao Paulo
Hi RHBH !

I know you from Brasildroid ! ... and did your root tuto for .136...:D

Please tell me: With this deodex patch, only Digital TV doesn´t work ?
Have you noticed any improvement in ram or speedy?

I will try it. Thanks!

All the system apks from C6943 Generic BR FTF, have been deodexed and are present in this zip, including the Digital TV, and a strange apk that is related to Sony Entertainment account (without this, WALKMAN, Album and Movies Apps couldn't sign into Music Unlimited, Play Memories and Video Unlimited). That why I created this for C6943. The C6903 deodex patch from @[NUT] is "working" but a C6943 would lose TV and Sony Account integration, not anymore if you use the zip I provided in OP.

Luhccas-X10

May 26, 2010
Fortaleza - Ceará
Nice one but .136 still have the annoying adjustable light effect of interface :(...
Tried it but moved back to .257
Thank you anyway , cheers buddy!

Sent from my Honami!

HotKillerZzz

Sep 12, 2012
AWESOMe! so much faster than the torrent file

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

wait. this is not for c6903, could you do a mega upload for the c6903?
my torrent is going at 10kb/s
thanks

RHBH

Apr 1, 2013
Sao Paulo
AWESOMe! so much faster than the torrent file

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

wait. this is not for c6903, could you do a mega upload for the c6903?
my torrent is going at 10kb/s
thanks

Sorry, the C6903 deodex patch was made by @[NUT] and his signature is very clear saying: "Do not mirror my files".

But I think there is no problem using the C6943 patch on a C6903, just delete the following files from /system/apk (these are exclusive from C6943)

Code:
CellInformationNotification.apk
com.eamobile.bejeweled2.apk
com.eamobile.tetris_enbrco.apk
com.gameloft.android.magicbox
com.popcap.pvz.apk
com.sonyericsson.adviceofcharge.apk
com.sonymobile.camposony.brazil
FsDtvApp.apk
sneiaccountmanager.apk

Last edited:
Hi RHBH,

I´m on C6943_14.2.A.1.136 provided by OTA yesterday (indeed, I've got my brazilian Z1 just yesterday and as a newbie I've updated from .290), locked bootloader.

I need to root the device because of some apps that need this condition, but rooting guide here in forum seems today to be a mess, worse in case of C6943.

Can you share some information of the steps I need to look for to get root on my device, as I cannot install CWM by [NUT] guide as it is still incompatible with my version. Maybe I need to downgrade with some .FTF provided here via Flashtool, but I want to keep it in LB until I can backup my TA partition. What do you suggest?

Thank you,
Alexandre

EDIT: found the solution in other forum managed by you the same. Just in case in brasildroid, is this patch for me?

Last edited:

RHBH

Apr 1, 2013
Sao Paulo
Hi RHBH,

I´m on C6943_14.2.A.1.136 provided by OTA yesterday (indeed, I've got my brazilian Z1 just yesterday and as a newbie I've updated from .290), locked bootloader.

I need to root the device because of some apps that need this condition, but rooting guide here in forum seems today to be a mess, worse in case of C6943.

Can you share some information of the steps I need to look for to get root on my device, as I cannot install CWM by [NUT] guide as it is still incompatible with my version. Maybe I need to downgrade with some .FTF provided here via Flashtool, but I want to keep it in LB until I can backup my TA partition. What do you suggest?

Thank you,
Alexandre

EDIT: found the solution in other forum managed by you the same. Just in case in brasildroid, is this patch for me?

Yes, this patch works for any C6943 running 14.2.A.1.136.

Last edited:
Yes, this patch works for any C6943 running 14.2.A.1.136.

Hi again,

I´ve noticed that digital TV and other things related to Sony bundle apps are working OK in my Z1 without flashing this patch (I get only 2 channels here, but I think in my city there are only 2 channels indeed). My C6943 is running 14.2.A.1.136 rom version, locked bootloader, XZDualRecovery, rooted, everything done by method 2 from Brasildroid forum you RHBH, regarding the sources.

I only have noticed that I cannot update Facebook, even unistalling it from system (I use Titanium Backup) and installing a previous version I've back up from my old Xperia SL.

Could you explain what further more I will get with this patch?

Thank you in advance,
Alexandre

RHBH

Apr 1, 2013
Sao Paulo
Hi again,

I´ve noticed that digital TV and other things related to Sony bundle apps are working OK in my Z1 without flashing this patch (I get only 2 channels here, but I think in my city there are only 2 channels indeed). My C6943 is running 14.2.A.1.136 rom version, locked bootloader, XZDualRecovery, rooted, everything done by method 2 from Brasildroid forum you RHBH, regarding the sources.

I only have noticed that I cannot update Facebook, even unistalling it from system (I use Titanium Backup) and installing a previous version I've back up from my old Xperia SL.

Could you explain what further more I will get with this patch?

Thank you in advance,
Alexandre

This will delete the system/app and system/framework folders from your phone and extract the default system/app and system/framework with the APK/JAR deodexed, the only additions are the Sony Updated Apps (you can see the list in OP) and SuperSU 1.93 (this was implemented to prevent problems regarding superuser rights).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to create a deodex patch compatible with the Brazilian Xperia Z1 (C6943), as the deodex patch for C6903 wasn't fully working (no Digital TV and no Sony Entertainmet Account integrated to system due missing APKs).

== Requirements ==
    - Xperia Z1 running stock 14.2.A.1.136
    - A working recovery (like CWM)
    - Busybox (note: XZDualRecovery users already have Busybox)

Please do a nandroid backup before flash, in case anything goes wrong!

== Installation ==
    1- Save the ZIP file on your phone (internal memory or external sdcard)
    2- Flash the ZIP through recovery
    3- Clear Dalvik-Cache ONLY
    4- Reboot to system

Also I included in this ZIP the updated Sony Apps that are not available through Update Center for C6943, here is the list:

== Sony Updated Apps ==
    Album App version: 5.4.A.0.20
    Info-eye version: 1.3.04
    Movies App version: 5.3.A.0.20
    WALKMAN version: 8.0.A.0.4

== Download ==
    C6943_14.2.A.1.136_deodex.zip [Mega]

Enjoy!