[ROM] Argen2Stone 3 (Based on Official 2.3.4 UK)

Search This thread

ravandel

Apr 22, 2011
is it possible to downgrade to CM7 or froyo after installing this ROM?

Sent from my MotoA953 using XDA App

tjcooper17

Feb 7, 2010
I tried installing this over the UK 2.2.2 SBF but it resulted in a boot loop, I know that I need the UK or EURO 2.3.4 but the SBFs are uploaded to MultiUpload which is down, any ideas on where I can get the UK 2.3.4 SBF? :)

Tobyyy

Jan 30, 2009
I came from CyanogenMod 7.

My steps:
- wipe Date
- Backup and Restore -> AS3...

and now my droid2 is always rebooting. help.. :(

what i have to do? is my droid2 trash?

edit: i pull power.. but nothing happens. no startlogo.. nothing

Last edited:

sahilarora911

Dec 13, 2010
New Delhi
2G doesn't work on Mobile network settings? Try disable/reenable Data.
I could port just the lockscreen part, so i will port other themes from miui and will be available on Magibox app

Great abt the themes. Will be waiting for the themes to be available in Magicbox.

It is not that only data does not work on 2G, there is no cell reception at all when you switch to 2G.

devilbatghost

Jan 20, 2012
ive tried this rom and its working well on my milestone 2 UK retail.. just gonna ask if magicbox is fully ported to milestone 2? and I've tried the boot sounds, choose some default like pirates and it doesn't work.. do i need to download those boot sound or it is built-in to magicbox? I also tried boot animation and whenever i select any boot animation and it reboots I only get the ANDROID boot animation.. same as always even i choose the applekiller and any of the boot animation available. is it working?

Edit: Also noticed that maps is nowhere to find.. its not included on this build or it is on my phone only?

Last edited:

sahilarora911

Dec 13, 2010
New Delhi
Did you try switching basebands? Works perfectly for me

Wow!! This is the first time baseband switcher has actually worked for me, never did in the past. I have always manually replaced the files inside bp_nvm_default. That did not work this time, so I assumed that baseband won't work either. It is all fine now.. Thanks Santi.

Hoping to see some new themes soon!

And abt the lockscreen, can't you use the MiLocker (from MIUI team) from market instead of porting the MIUI themes engine for the locker?? I mean, won't that be easier? I have no idea about this, I just want to know your opinion.

Last edited:

Gogz_

Jan 31, 2011
Santi,
Thanks alot for your work on the ROM. This version seems very speedy and the GUI changes are great.

Unfortunately, I seem to be having a major problem playing music - either from the stock player or from PlayerPro app. The problem is such that, when playing music and the screen turns off, the phone automatically reboots - everytime wihout fail.
I installed direct from 2.3.4 UK ROM and using a data wipe. I've tried this by playing through a widget and without and gut instinct tells me that the MIUI lockscreen may be the culprit here. Have you any ideas? Is there a way to get rid of the MIUI lockscreen? Are other people experiencing the same problem?

devilbatghost

Jan 20, 2012
Santi,
Thanks alot for your work on the ROM. This version seems very speedy and the GUI changes are great.

Unfortunately, I seem to be having a major problem playing music - either from the stock player or from PlayerPro app. The problem is such that, when playing music and the screen turns off, the phone automatically reboots - everytime wihout fail.
I installed direct from 2.3.4 UK ROM and using a data wipe. I've tried this by playing through a widget and without and gut instinct tells me that the MIUI lockscreen may be the culprit here. Have you any ideas? Is there a way to get rid of the MIUI lockscreen? Are other people experiencing the same problem?

same here but im not really playing music that much so i don't really care for now. hope it will be fixed soon!

santiemanuel

Mar 16, 2010
Salta
The reboot is caused by the problem with stock lockscreen, set any theme and it will be ok.
www.miuithemes.com
place mtz to /sdcard/MIUI/Theme
Start Theme app -> Customize -> Lockscreen -> Choose desired theme. Done

Combo Tweaker now available at Magicbox, update the app. This feature allows you to configure the combokeys, full keyboard to use.

ezaias

Sep 10, 2011
São Paulo
The reboot is caused by the problem with stock lockscreen, set any theme and it will be ok.
www.miuithemes.com

Combo Tweaker now available at Magicbox, update the app. This feature allows you to configure the combokeys, full keyboard to use.

good day Saint, his rom is beautiful you did a great job, I really want to install it however I can use 2.3.6 to install Brazil Retail Your rom directly or Downgread have to do?, Boot menu, and have perfectly Recovery Working
Thanks again Thanking You

braby

Oct 16, 2010
Zagreb
Can someone post some guideline on how to install this ROM?
I have 2.2.2 on the phone and from santie's post it says to install this when on 2.3.4...

When I see this on and-developers.com then I am confused:
"2.3.4 Service Version

*Warning! It's NOT POSSIBLE TO DOWNGRADE back to Froyo (or custom rom) AFTER FLASHING 2.3.4 SBF below (except China one). Use nandroid backup instead, if you want 2.3.4 and have possibility of future downgrade!*"

So if I just install SBF I can forget to install Argen 3.0 unless I use nandroid backup, but how to use nandroid backup with factory SBF?
On top of everything Multiupload doesn't work so I can't even get 2.3.4 SBF.

Any help would be appreciated, I've been waiting for this ROM for over a month now and can't wait to install it!
Thanks!!!

MaxK47

Jan 21, 2012
São Carlos (SP)
Can someone post some guideline on how to install this ROM?
I have 2.2.2 on the phone and from santie's post it says to install this when on 2.3.4...

When I see this on and-developers.com then I am confused:
"2.3.4 Service Version

*Warning! It's NOT POSSIBLE TO DOWNGRADE back to Froyo (or custom rom) AFTER FLASHING 2.3.4 SBF below (except China one). Use nandroid backup instead, if you want 2.3.4 and have possibility of future downgrade!*"

So if I just install SBF I can forget to install Argen 3.0 unless I use nandroid backup, but how to use nandroid backup with factory SBF?
On top of everything Multiupload doesn't work so I can't even get 2.3.4 SBF.

Any help would be appreciated, I've been waiting for this ROM for over a month now and can't wait to install it!
Thanks!!!

It's now possibly to downgrade to Froyo from Stock UK, there's a topic that explains how here in the forum, only the 2.3.6 roms from Vivo (Brazil) and Personal (Argentina) are unrootable/undowngradeable right now. Get the 2.3.4 UK sbf, apply it, then follow the tutorial from the first page and you're good to go.

Reactions: braby

AragornPE

Dec 28, 2010
Recife
Santi, this looks insanely great! As always, excellent job! Those kind of great things is what I miss from the M2...

M3 XT860
DarkDroid 1.1 (Unsafe) + Hash's ICS Beta 1 (Safe)

braby

Oct 16, 2010
Zagreb
It's now possibly to downgrade to Froyo from Stock UK, there's a topic that explains how here in the forum, only the 2.3.6 roms from Vivo (Brazil) and Personal (Argentina) are unrootable/undowngradeable right now. Get the 2.3.4 UK sbf, apply it, then follow the tutorial from the first page and you're good to go.

Thanks bud...you are the MAN! :)
I just didn't want to put the phone in the mode where I couldn't do anything with it.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

By the way...any idea where to get 2.3.4 SBF?
Multiupload is down for days now.

FOUND IT:
http://www.parswin.ir/موبایل/173178-رام-های-رسمی-milestone-2-a.html

szmartin

Dec 12, 2005
phone reboot

when have miss call at lock screen slide the phone icon phone will auto reboot
bug or sth need setting?

Attachments

• a3s.jpg
    a3s.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 82

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A3SLOGO.png

Here’s the long waited 3.0
    Features:

-Basen on official 2.3.4 UK
    -Deodexed
    -Zipaligned
    -Bootmenu with CWM with working extendedcommand(Background logo by Graffo)
    -Removed Unnecesary Apk (don't ask)
    -Bootsound working(paste an audio file named android_audio.mp3 on /system/media , not included)
    -Custom Bootanimation, logo by Graffo, vectorized and animated by me
    -Multitouch module update, set to 4 points
    -Enabled Sleep Mode and fixed for charging mode(set a timeout screen so you can turn it off without pressing power key)
    -Droid RAZR Camera replaces stock
    -system_server y app_process de ICS para mejor rendimiento aportado por evogp
    -Ported Blur3D Launcher from Droid Bionic (Soon to realease a standalone zip)
    -Share function fixed for new market links
    -Stock Browser Modded allows to use up to 16 windows
    -Ported Smart Actions from Droid RAZR fully working
    -Keyboard with extended language support shared by evogp, black themed by me
    -Script Roottools is not necessary anymore, now featuring Magicbox ROM Control app by cccb010(Grupoandroid.com), includes:
    -Every function from previous roottools script
    -Theme Engine for the APP, with 4 themes available(ONLY FOR THE APP)
    -Baseband Switcher (Update adds this feature, GO to Menu -> Options -> Update MagicBox)
    -Menu Argen2Stone Updates for ROM updates (X icon to the right of All In One reloads the statusbar)
    -2 Widgets: HotReboot y Restart StatusBar
    -Much much more...
    -StatusBar from MIUI 2.11.26 fully ported and fixed for Motorola Original USB Nottifications
    -Includes all the features from MIUI, Settings app modded to integrate the statusbar widget control
    -MIUI Control included to set font colors, layouts, etc
    -Toggle Settings available on Settings App
    -In order to switch Toggle Style choose the option and Restart the Statusbar with Magibox's Widget)
    -Customize Toggles working options:
    -Airplane
    -GPS
    -Rotation
    -BT
    -Lock
    -Network Type (Rebuilt Network type menu to allow this toggle)
    -Torch
    -Data
    -WLAN
    -Silent
    -Sync
    -Vibrate
    NOT WORKING: Guard Power Access control Reboot
    -Battery Menu Added to Settings app:
    -Includes battery state icon, set low battery level and battery style
    -Theme Engine from MIUI ported ONLY for Lockscreens and wallpapers
    -Every MIUI lockscreen now works with Motorola official GB
    -Copy them to /sdcard/MIUI/theme
    -Alert dialogs ported from MIUI
    -Preference style from ICS (present in every Settings list)
    -Music from RAZR(Not fully ported but working)
    -Inverted Talk App
    -Menu Icons ICS Styled (100+ made by me)
    -Enhanced Screenshot system , cccb010 shared a simple app to convert bmp to png format
    -C+UP enables the system, C+DOWN disables it. Screenshot is taken with Focus key, wait for the sound to capture the next one
    -MOD 30 steps for Volume
    -1% BatteryMOD by walter79
    -Scrolling Cache disabled to boost performance on lists
    -ICS Themed with the help of Black ICE theme for MIUI

KNOWN BUGS:
    -Battery History NOT WORKING
    -MotoBlur Logging NOT WORKING
    -SIM PIN Code on Lockscreens NOT WORKING
    -Double tap on Hour on original MIUI LOCKSCREEN (doesn't affect lockscreen themes)causes forced reboot
    -WiFi rarely cuts for 2-3secs, I don't know the cause
    -The reboot while playing music is caused by the problem with stock lockscreen, set any theme and it will be ok.
    www.miuithemes.com
    --place xyz.mtz to /sdcard/MIUI/Theme (NOT THEMES)
    --Start Theme app -> Customize -> Lockscreen -> Choose desired theme. Done
    -Report more.

INSTALLATION METHOD:
    The simplest... Decompress the zip and copy folder A3S to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
    Resulting:
    clockworkmod/backup/A3S/
    -system.img
    -nandroid.md5
    -Highly recommended to apply over Euro 2.3.4
    -DataWipe
    -No need to flash fixed sbf

Notes:

-About hotkeys OK key now is replaced by Right D-PAD(i.e. RIGHT+e=Overclock to 1GHz)
    -IF your energy control dissapears longpress where you left it and drop it, that fixes it
    -Bootlogo available on Magicbox App
    -ON first boot the battery doesn't show up, to show it:
    MIUI Control->Statusbar options->Battery options->UnCheck/Check Checkbox
    To switch layouts you need to use t Restart Statusbar widget from Magicbox
    -Statusbar Layout
    -Toggle Style

Acknowledgements:
    cccb010
    graffo
    walter79
    xeudoxus
    jrummy
    addam
    evogp
    MIUI

Thats all.

Link:
    http://bit.ly/MotoA3S

-CWM Downgraded to 4.0.1.6(version 5 saves system nandroid with tar format)
    -Init.d fixed from 2.5
    -Keyboard debounce module added, migof provided the files
    -Governors for overclock now available in setCPU
    -Bootsound fixed from 2.5
    -ComboKeys remapped AGAIN: OK+Shift turns the flashlight ON. OK+(q w e r t y) set the overclock Level, overclock still activates with O+(UP/DOWN)
    -New app added and ported for the ROM, EDT By Rommanbb
    What works:
    Battery options
    Battery text style
    String settings
    Color Settings
    Clock options (show hide)
    Choose clock Color

-Base on MS2Ginger 2.0
    -zipaligned
    -CWM upgraded to 5.3.0.1
    -Bootanimation ICS(From MsGinger 2.0)
    -Fixed in ICStone theme
    -Social Networks working
    -Multitouch mod removed
    -Switch battery icons in Magicbox
    -Lockscreen chooser ported from Liberty now includes 8 Lockscreens(Thanks to @adamthecashew for the help)
    1--Motolock: Its the Miui lockscreen(i didnt change the name in the list)
    2--Rotary
    3--AOSP
    4--4TAB
    5--Honeycomb
    6--RotaryRevamped
    7--Lense
    8--Rings from CM7
    -Fixed landscape just for 1 2 3 4 6
    -Remapped combo keys: Vol UP/DOWN Replaced by DPAD UP/DOWN, OK Key turns the flashlight ON
    -RootBrowser By Jrummy preinstalled
    -Superuser updated to 3.0.7
    -Market updated to 3.3.12 (Open DNS Fix applied)

-Based on MS2Ginger. 1.0

-zipaligned

-updated and modded bootmenu
    -overclock and init.d removed
    -updated CWM

-Bootanimation RAZR (qHD, fix asap)

- CRT ON/OFF Animation (Always on)(indepedent of Windows Animations on/off)

-Custom Theme ICStone based on SDK ICS

-Gtalk with videocalls (By Mats(grupoandroid.com))

-Scrollable quickpanel 10 toggles on statusbar (wifi, bluetooth, gps, data, sound, rotation, airplane mode, sync, autobrightness, shutdown, argen2stone logo)->Ported from Liberty 2.0 by Kejar31 and Jrummy

-Power menu with Sleep Mode and Reboot . IMPORTANT: If you are going to use Sleep mode, make sure the phone is not connected to pc nor charger, this produces a Force Close and you will lose the lockscreen(recoverable wiping data)

-Sleep Mode turns off wireless connections, and disables keys, to wake the phone up press and hold Power Key 4 seconds.

-Lockscreen AOSP Slides & Rotary ported from Liberty 2.0 by Kejar31 and Jrummy. Customized, very responsive. You can choose the lockscreen style opening the app LockScreenSettings. Music controls are compatible with stock music players com.android.music (ICS Music Player works too, NOT INCLUDED)

-Roboto Fonts

-Windows animations ported from ICS

-Genie Widget (Weather and News) ported from ICS

-BaseBand Switcher preinstalled

-Roottools ported from Argen2Stone 1.x
    -ExtendedCommand fixed for automatic install of Bootlogos(New Argen2Stone 2.0 Bootlogo)
    -Change clock color updated,now takes about 30 seconds or less to reboot. Includes 9 colors and No Clock mod( works offline)
    -Switch window animations, 9 differents animations (works online)

-Switch keylayouts/chars

-Bootsound applied. To disable choose option 6 and then 8.

-Adjust init scripts fully working, option 12

-NOTE: There’s no themes available, roottools will be updated via magicbox once i got more themes.

-COMBOKEYS: This new functions allows you to use mods instantly without any third party app. Also the main functions play notifications sound to ensure the script ran succesfully (the sound volume is set with Media Volume from Sound Settings)
    -overclock off: Turns overclock off for combokeys. If you are using overclock on boot this function does not disable it(use adjust init scripts instead). COMBO: Vol Down + O(letter)
    -overclock on: Turns overclock on for combokey. These options are to avoid overclocking your phone while texting. COMBO: Vol Up + O (letter)
    -screencap: Screenshot anytime anywhere pressing Focus key, the screenshot is saved to /sdcard/images with bmp format.
    -captiveon: Enables screenshot key. COMBO: C + Vol Up
    -captiveoff: Disables screenshot key. COMBO: C + Vol Down
    -reboot: Full Reboot. COMBO: R + Vol Up
    -hotreboot: Quick Reboot. COMBO: H + Vol Up
    -Lightup: Increases screen brightness by 10 ( max is 255). COMBO: B + Vol Up
    -Lightdown: Decreases screen brightness by 10. COMBO: B + Vol Down
    -Softon: Turns softkeys lights on. COMBO: S + Vol Up
    -Softoff: Turns softkeys lights off. COMBO: S + Vol Down
    -Spotlight: Turns Flashlight ON/OFF. COMBO: Voice key dedicated to this function
    -Level1: Sets overclock to 800@52 650@48 450@44 250@30 . COMBO: O+Q
    -Level2: Sets overclock to 900@60 700@55 450@44 300@32 . COMBO: O+W
    -Level3: Sets overclock to 1000@60 800@56 600@48 300@32 . COMBO: O+E
    -Level4: Sets overclock to 1100@64 800@58 450@44 300@32 . COMBO: O+R
    -Level5: Sets overclock to 1200@64 1000@60 850@56 400@40 . COMBO: O+T
    -Level6: Sets overclock to 1300@70 1050@58 800@44 400@32 . COMBO: O+Y
    - init.d scripts ported from Argen2stone 1.x(Liberty 1.5)

-00check in the first boot of Argen2Stone creates a control file in /data/liberty/init.d.conf, these settings are set in option 12 from roottools, if for some reason an adjustment that you set causes you reboots or any other problem, flash the update Reset_InitD.zip to delete /data/liberty/init.d.conf . Next reboot will create the stock file again. Max multitouch value can be set by running in terminal:
    sysrw && echo "Value" > /system/xbin/touch_num

In order to use you need Terminal Emulator free from Market. Once started type su and then magicbox, type allinone if you don’t want to update(if available) the script.

Next release will be based on ms2ginger 2.0 or newer

Screenshots:

GO TO:
    http://www.photobucket.com/A3S30

Custom scaling table is available on A2S 1.9 Thread
    Update available NOW
    www.miuithemes.com

Great abt the themes. Will be waiting for the themes to be available in Magicbox.

It is not that only data does not work on 2G, there is no cell reception at all when you switch to 2G.
    Did you try switching basebands? Works perfectly for me
    Switch tracks with volume keys was not possible, however it has 4 points multitouch enabled(new module).