[Q] is there a new update for p1000

Search This thread

andiemerchcomia

May 27, 2011
Cebu City
Recently, found a news blog in phonearena and engadget that samsung is throwing out update with our beloved tab? Anybody could affirm this?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

alexgogan

Feb 10, 2011
Dublin
www.gogan.com
Bug fixes and radio driver update I think on gb that's all

Of course I am hoping that it's a pre to ics but then I live in an ideal delusional world

>:~}

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

andiemerchcomia

May 27, 2011
Cebu City
better than none.

keeping my fingers cross that its hybrid GB. what i mean is that some ICS features atleast in GB software.

lolz... god bless to us this end of march.

grandduke

Mar 13, 2012
A Hybrid GB would be great if they can't offer an ICS but ICS update will be best since this is one of samsung flagship line..
hoping those sammy people will read this..

andiemerchcomia

May 27, 2011
Cebu City
A Hybrid GB would be great if they can't offer an ICS but ICS update will be best since this is one of samsung flagship line..
hoping those sammy people will read this..

Consumers as well as developers are screaming at the heads of sammy people to give us an update on p1000. But sammy is too business minded than consumer minded. With that news of value pack affirmed and was declined previously, i thinkdevs and consumers now are already tired of sammy ways.

nelsonoski1972

Mar 26, 2008
In a distant Galaxy with One plus
Yes.
There is going to be a final update for our Tab- P1000.
Probably released early Q2.
It will be GB 2.3.6 and it will have some eyecandy features of ICS probably including face unlock.
Source: Sammobile quoting Netherlands Samsung.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

grandduke

Mar 13, 2012
Yes.
It will be GB 2.3.6 and it will have some eyecandy features of ICS probably including face unlock.

ouch! not even an ICS hahaha... ICS should be the way to go since the device is very much capable of running it. don't know why they are holding back..

mgiraldi

Feb 28, 2008
update received today

Yes.

Yes today Kies has updated the firmware to 2.3.6, kernel 2.6.35.7, build gingerbread.buJq3

Cheers
Marco

nelsonoski1972

Mar 26, 2008
In a distant Galaxy with One plus
ouch! not even an ICS hahaha... ICS should be the way to go since the device is very much capable of running it. don't know why they are holding back..
ICS with Touchwiz takes up 450 MB of RAM in my GS2 on start up.with use it goes up to 500-600 MB.And it is still buggy.
So we cannot say with out knowing the ground reality that our Tab is capable of running ICS.
And it is my personal opinion that if at all ICS (with Touchwiz) is released for our Tab, 90% of users will return back to GB because of some critical bugs due to hardware limitation of our Tab.
Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using TT

Last edited:

grandduke

Mar 13, 2012
ICS with Touchwiz takes up 450 MB of RAM in my GS2 on start up.with use it goes up to 500-600 MB.And it is still buggy.
So we cannot say with out knowing the ground reality that our Tab is capable of running ICS.
And it is my personal opinion that if at all ICS (with Touchwiz) is released for our Tab, 90% of users will return back to GB because of some critical bugs due to hardware limitation of our Tab.
Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using TT

Can't we just squeeze the software (just like thinXP) where in remove those bloat ware..he he he just giving my 2 cents too..hoping this is doable..

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

nothing yet in the philippines. ive set my kies to download at the background any update for my device. will tell you asap if i have received any.

Thank you bro...happy to hear someone here is also in the Philippines..:D

andiemerchcomia

May 27, 2011
Cebu City
UPDATE guys!!! SAmsung Galaxy S gets their update rolling in KOREA and some parts of Europe. And next in line is the Galaxy TAB. Excited to see this Value pack 2.3.6 for our beloved Galaxy TAB.

grandduke

Mar 13, 2012
hi guys,

Can we still update thru kies if we installed custom roms? or is there a workaround this?

Grandduke:)

grandduke

Mar 13, 2012
I have restock my rom to GB and it seems that the update will be possible thru kies...I have yet to see because kies reported that my stock rom GB is updated so no 2.3.6 yet....until then :)

andiemerchcomia

May 27, 2011
Cebu City
I have restock my rom to GB and it seems that the update will be possible thru kies...I have yet to see because kies reported that my stock rom GB is updated so no 2.3.6 yet....until then :)

Still waiting here too bro. I believe you are in europe because your rom is currently 2.3.6. Im in philippines and its still 2.3.4.

grandduke

Mar 13, 2012
Still waiting here too bro. I believe you are in europe because your rom is currently 2.3.6. Im in philippines and its still 2.3.4.

Nope I'm in the Philippines, my rom is 2.3.3 not 2.3.6, I'm waiting for 2.3.6 because I think it's "the last update" sammy will give its loyal customer hehehe...:D

rafmjz

Mar 3, 2012
San Salvador
Here in El Salvador still waiting... i guess u will have to be patient with them, its already a miracle that they are updating our tablet.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

grandduke

Mar 13, 2012
Here in El Salvador still waiting... i guess u will have to be patient with them, its already a miracle that they are updating our tablet.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

YES.. really is a Miracle..hahaha..for now i'll stick with HumberOS and CM9 its the best mod there is (for me). No Camera though, but who needs a camera on a tab (its akward taking a picture with it).

Grandduke:D