KitKat 4.4 unmoded needed

Search This thread

Oxicottin

Oct 24, 2010
West Virginia
soggycashew.weebly.com
Hello, I wanted to root and install TWRP then a KitKat ROM that's NOT altered or one that's been running and is a proven daily ROM. I haven't messed with Roms or phones for some time so I got all the info I need up to the ROM and I cant seem to find a stock rom. Any ideas?

Thanks!

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Hello, I wanted to root and install TWRP then a KitKat ROM that's NOT altered or one that's been running and is a proven daily ROM. I haven't messed with Roms or phones for some time so I got all the info I need up to the ROM and I cant seem to find a stock rom. Any ideas?

Thanks!
This is the latest NE1 4.4 stock firmware (france) from sammobile uploaded to a different host by an user for faster download speeds,extract the zip file you'll find a .tar.md5 file flash it via ODIN.Then you can just install custom recovery via pc odin (use philz 6.26 ot 6.41 initially and once you get a custom recovery successfully installed you can switch to twrp) now once into philz recovery flash supersu 1.99 from this post flash it right after you flash your recovery ,your phone should be rooted.Few things that you need to do is uncheck auto reboot in odin when flashing the recovery,after flashing philz you should manually enter it by pressing the right combination of buttons ( volume up + home + power) and then flash the supersup 1.99 zip file right away. (place the supersu zip file in sd card right after you flash the 4.4 ROM and before you proceed to install custom recovery)

Philz touch

twrp

NE 1 Stock France

Oxicottin

Oct 24, 2010
West Virginia
soggycashew.weebly.com
Unclear

singhpratik87, I'm a little unclear on the sequence your proposing me to go through to install a ROM. I thought you installed;

1) Superuser ...... Done!
2) ODIN Custom Recovery (TWRP) ...... Done!
3) NE1 4.4 ROM ..... Downloaded moved to phone but not installed...

Ok here are my concerns, I'm on a AT&T 1317 phone will this ROM work OR would a custom ROM be better? Next, what is Philz touch?

Thanks,
Soggy

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
singhpratik87, I'm a little unclear on the sequence your proposing me to go through to install a ROM. I thought you installed;

1) Superuser ...... Done!
2) ODIN Custom Recovery (TWRP) ...... Done!
3) NE1 4.4 ROM ..... Downloaded moved to phone but not installed...

Ok here are my concerns, I'm on a AT&T 1317 phone will this ROM work OR would a custom ROM be better? Next, what is Philz touch?

Thanks,
Soggy
See you didn't mention that you were on AT&T,unfortunately it wouldn't work you got to wait for your carrier to release the update. My explanations were pretty straight forward but now it doesn't matter anymore since you don't have the international note II GT N7100. The rom was supposed to be flashed via ODIN not SD CARD (it's a stock rom not a custom rom).And the steps are (for future reference) flash stock rom via odin, then flash philz via odin(uncheck auto reboot in odin),manually enter into recovery mode , flash supersu 1.99(or whichever is the latest) , reboot phone , DONE.

Philz touch is another popular recovery used by note II users .it's based on CWM with advanced features.

Last edited:

Oxicottin

Oct 24, 2010
West Virginia
soggycashew.weebly.com
singhpratik87..... What custom ROM out there is equivalent to the 4.4 kitkat for a AT&T I317 Note 2 running 4.3? Those would prob be better anyway....

Also this other recovery you mention is it better? Like I said I have been out of messing with phones for a few years :p Thanks!

Last edited:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
singhpratik87..... What custom ROM out there is equivalent to the 4.4 kitkat for a AT&T I317 Note 2 running 4.3? Those would prob be better anyway....

Also this other recovery you mention is it better? Like I said I have been out of messing with phones for a few years :p Thanks!
None in the International Note II forum that would be compatible with AT&T as far as 4.4.2 is concerned.There's no development for 4.4.2 in your a&t note II thread?

why don't you check out this thread which is specifically for your at&t branded note 2 http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/development