WebOS port for nexus 4

Search This thread

BrencelJ

May 10, 2013
I tried to install it with multirom but it reboots. So if anyone can try to install it normally I would like to hear if it works or if anyone finds a way to install it with multirom.

Reactions: sachak

Basti756

Sep 8, 2007
Please report if it works that way. I can't wait to get back home and give it a try myself

carepack

Sep 21, 2010
not working with multirom as secondary in my case. But as primary it works. I've selcted the dev package with over 300mb. So enjoy the (I'm not liking) os

StatusUnknown?

Aug 11, 2012
Yes. I just flashed the nightly September 1 and it booted. Hung on google for a minute then booted up. Five minutes later I went back to Android.

Reactions: carepack

carepack

Sep 21, 2010
Yes. I just flashed the nightly September 1 and it booted. Hung on google for a minute then booted up. Five minutes later I went back to Android.

wow. You we're able to be on 5 minutes ;)? I think it was for me at least 3. Ugly system. Not disrespectful but I don't like the ui. It's an early stage version. Maybe they will implement good parts. Somwhere, sometimes.

Reactions: StatusUnknown?

StatusUnknown?

Aug 11, 2012
Yeah, I gave it two more minutes just trying to get the time set. Its kinda bad all the way around. I spent more time in recovery backing up and restoring than I did on the ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: carepack

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
they had, and still have the best multitasking on a mobile device i've ever used. it was just so fluid and intuitive. some of their features they incorporated are still ahead of their time today

yelti

Aug 21, 2009
I have tested it, and I can't get it to work properly.

When I use the stable version, I have gsm signal, but I cannot make calls and have no wifi.(Disable sim pin otherwise It won't work at all)
With the nightly I have no gsm signal at all, wifi starts scanning but doesn't find any wireless networks.
without internet, not much you can do.

I wonder if it has to do with the radio versions?

As for the rest, it's quite buggy and laggy but doable.
I just don't like the way they implemented the pre's hardware button/gesture area :s

Darakian

Oct 17, 2010
I've been chatting with the devs on irc (#webos-ports on freenode). They're doing all their builds off of android version 4.2.2. No one is quite sure if that matters, but they recommended starting from there as they used some hooks that may have changed. If you're having issues try flashing to android 4.2.2 then to luneos.

Reactions: BrencelJ

X-TraxxX

Mar 19, 2013
WebOS

Great to see we have another option added to the list. Ubuntu touch was working well too.

Top Liked Posts