[Mar. 16, 2013][MAGLDR/SD][NativeSD] NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.4-CM9-HWA V2.9a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

soapbox23

May 5, 2011
NJ
I believe Titanium Backup (paid version) has an option to wipe the dalvik cache...haven't tried it myself yet though.

I also experience reboots with versions 1.4 and 1.5. Interestingly, I didn't with 1.3, so what I did was use the initrd.gz from the 1.3 build (just to see if it was kernel related) and stick it in the 1.5 build. So far, I haven't had any reboots but if anyone wants to shed some light on why it's working, that'd be awesome.

I was also getting reboots on the American Android builds. So it maybe hardware related too

grisiek

Jan 16, 2009
I believe Titanium Backup (paid version) has an option to wipe the dalvik cache...haven't tried it myself yet though.

I also experience reboots with versions 1.4 and 1.5. Interestingly, I didn't with 1.3, so what I did was use the initrd.gz from the 1.3 build (just to see if it was kernel related) and stick it in the 1.5 build. So far, I haven't had any reboots but if anyone wants to shed some light on why it's working, that'd be awesome.

I was also getting reboots on the American Android builds. So it maybe hardware related too

Hi Guys,
I noticed this for the very first time with this rom and ver 1.4 , like you said, i also didn't noticed this bug in previous ver 1.3 and i'll give a try to your solution, maybe it helps.
For better understanding of this issue i'd like to tell all of you that i always do a clean upgrade. This means, i wipe all my data and copy new files from tytung's zip so in my understanding it is something related to soft and files in it.
I hope soapbox23 solution helps and from tomorrow i'll be enjoying of using newest rom.
thanks guys for your reply

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
Thank's for your answer ! I came back to v13 and try your settings, but I still have the same pb, skype stops suddenly while initiating video, I've to launch it once again (but I don't have to enter my password : strange !). Quite frustrating !

doh! tried skype again last night and now it is crashing :-(
i updated to 1.5 and not sure what else I changed, but for sure it is not working now.
voice is ok, just exits on video.

back on the old faithful tytung NexusHD2 GB SD for now and everything working perfect there.
also annoying delays in sound (between e.g. alarms and GPS speech) and slowness in video means ICS is on hold.
Edit: do you know if it works on nand build as that is what this Rom really is?

Last edited:

benlm72

Feb 23, 2009
Le Mans
Edit: do you know if it works on nand build as that is what this Tom really is?

Sorry I don't know, I only use SD build so I only search infos on sd threads...

Edit : I've posted in the NAND thread of this build, because I've seen posts saying the same pb occurs in the NAND version. I'll advise you if I have more infos.

Last edited:

E36

Sep 14, 2006
Quick Torch

How to get the Quick Torch to work?
I had enabled Settings > Interface > Lockscreen > Enable fast torch.
No torch while pressing menu button.

mbunal

Sep 9, 2009
Proximity sensor does not work while a gsm call. When i use skype it is working.
Secondly speech engine does not work too. There is no test voice.
Is there any scene for camera? I can not find anything about scene.
Fast torch is not work too. I install tesle led torch.
Anyway i like this android and thankyou very much.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using XDA

ndmuni

Sep 16, 2011
Just clean install nand wp7 and this rom on my virgin HD2 3hrs ago and i must say i m enjoying the "mango flavored icecream" HD2.

I ve been switching between the two os and testing the posted problems and i ve not encountered any of the reported bugs in both threads so far. :D:D

enigma1nz

Upgraded to v1.5 and had lock-ups, freezes, failures to wake up with only buttons getting turned on while the screen remains dark and unresponsive, touch screen behaves funny etc. Over a few hours the whole device becomes sluggish, Firefox crashes, icons fail to appear and the only thing to correct it is to reboot. Might go back to 1.4, it performed better.

grisiek

Jan 16, 2009
Rebooting

Ok soapbox23, i've tried your solution and it didn't help. Unfortunatley phone has rebooted it self like before: 1 time per day. It is happening after frequent txt messaging. I'm using GOSMS PRO as my main application.:(

Did you clear dalvik cache after upgrade? if not, give it a try. If the problem is still there, try to format SD with SDFormatter. It solves most of my reboot issues.

I've tried also to format SD and it didn't help as well.:(
And i was forced to get back to 1.3 ver.

petargeorgiev

Oct 7, 2008
Trebuchet settings

I have installed this ROM and it's working good. Some applications have been deleted after reboot but anyway I have install them again and there is no problem at the moment.

But I've seen a bug that I would like to have it working. At the Trabuchet launcher I have mark the Homescreen->Scroll Walpaper but with no result, the wallpaper does no scroll while scrolling the homescreen.

Is there any way to make that work, I love my wallpaper scrolling.

Best regards.

ndmuni

Sep 16, 2011
FM radio missing

So far no issues everything works only problem is there is no FM radio :confused:. Just want to know if you guys have. I may ve to re download n reflash if i m the only one missing the FM. Apart from this i cannot b more happier with this rom.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please go to the NAND thread for more information.

Downloads:
    • The latest NativeSD ROM:
      download.ico
      Mod edit: Link removed

Installation:
      • Create an Ext4 partition right after the FAT32 partition in the SD card.
      • Enter CWM. I use CWM Recovery v5.0.2.6.
      • Flash this ROM via CWM.
      • For more info, please visit NativeSD DEV thread.
    • Stop maintenance.
      The latest SD build:
      download.ico
      Mod edit: Link removed

Installation: (from ankuch's thread)
      • Extract content 7z to ics folder on root sd-card;
      • Configure MAGLDR to boot from /ics folder;
      • First boot about 3 minutes on class 10 sd card.
      • Read FAQ
      Add-on: (from ankuch's thread)
      • bcold.jar (fix FC in Backup to Gmail 0.4.4 maybe another applications);
      Special thanks ankuch and securecrt, and boonbing for the SD version of initrd.gz.
    Download NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.7_NativeSD.zip (A new package for both NAND and NativeSD)

Credits:
    # NativeSD method by Securecrt
    # Dual Installer by Xylograph

Installation:
    • Create an Ext4 partition right after the FAT32 partition in the SD card.
    • Enter CWM. I use CWM Recovery v5.0.2.6.
    • Flash this ROM via CWM.
    • For more info, please visit NativeSD DEV thread.

I only tried NativeSD with MAGLDR.
    If you are using cLK or WM(haret.exe), please share if it works or not.
    NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.3-CM9-SD V1.2

Working initrd with working camera:)

Works with magldr and Haret:)
    download.ico
    NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA-SD_v2.4.7z.
    File initrd.gz was changed. Please test if it works or not.
    ics tytung softkeys with revolution batt%

Hi people, this is my personal softkey and batt%,it has full size top bar and softkey:)You will need to use ics keyboard from below to stop overlapping:)Also in setting/launcher/homescreen untick serch bar and tick resize any widget:)

This is the softkey layout *Search - ^Home - +Menu - <Back - Power*

you can change softkey style and layout from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1407003

Thank to Tytung,gogodu5sU and me

Please give feedback:)

Unzip,copy root inside ICS folder and reboot

P.S. dont forget to use ics keyboard apk below

Only tested on V1.3