[q] sds-safe configuration

Search This thread

icex93

Jan 12, 2013
Holla guys :D I've recently have an s3.. wonderful device, seriously, but I'm very regretful as regards the SDS issue.. unfortunately my device seems to have the "affected chip" but I love Android world and I can't stay without modding something! :D the problem, as I have seen, seems to be solved until fws released from 4.1.2... To be more sure, I upgraded my phone to 4.3 stock yesterday and now the fw mounted is the XXUGMK6. My phone is NOT rooted and it is branded Vodafone. In this situation the device should be "covered" (hopefully, this damned issue it's a very bad thing :( )... however, as I said upon, I want to install something new to speed up this wonderful device.
So let's go straight to the point: what are the bootloader, recovery and rom that have the fws fixed for SDS? What are the best ones IN THIS SENSE? (not in absolutely sense, obviously, because each bl, rec & rom is simply best until it's cooked in my opinion ;) )
Moreover, should I remove brand before installing something? Could you tell me precise steps to do kindly?
I'll be very grateful to everyone can answer my question, really :)

icex93

Jan 12, 2013
Oh, I almost forgot: I'd like to taste the speed of KitKat :D is there any fix or we must wait a Samsung official release??

Shakes27

Jun 29, 2010
Augusta, GA
Everything built recently (not sure how long) has the fix. Any KitKat build will have the fix, and both newest builds of CWM and TWRP do as well.
Basically, flash anything new and you're fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: icex93

orbourne53

Dec 28, 2012
kingston
Holla guys :D I've recently have an s3.. wonderful device, seriously, but I'm very regretful as regards the SDS issue.. unfortunately my device seems to have the "affected chip" but I love Android world and I can't stay without modding something! :D the problem, as I have seen, seems to be solved until fws released from 4.1.2... To be more sure, I upgraded my phone to 4.3 stock yesterday and now the fw mounted is the XXUGMK6. My phone is NOT rooted and it is branded Vodafone. In this situation the device should be "covered" (hopefully, this damned issue it's a very bad thing :( )... however, as I said upon, I want to install something new to speed up this wonderful device.
So let's go straight to the point: what are the bootloader, recovery and rom that have the fws fixed for SDS? What are the best ones IN THIS SENSE? (not in absolutely sense, obviously, because each bl, rec & rom is simply best until it's cooked in my opinion ;) )
Moreover, should I remove brand before installing something? Could you tell me precise steps to do kindly?
i have the sds chip also i actually had a fright a few months back when i woke up to my phone boot looping and anyway what i get to understand is that once u have a recovery and a bootloader with the latest fix u will be find... i use to use cwm thats before it bootlooped then i switched to philz cwm both right now are suppose to have the sds fix so basically after that flash any rom u want ..cause all the modern roms from 4.2 up as iv observed have the fix and havent given me any sds problem.

Reactions: icex93

icex93

Jan 12, 2013
Wow guys! :D Your answers were so great! I can't wait anymore... I start to flash.. "suddenly" ahahah :D many thanks, I really appreciate your help ;)

icex93

Jan 12, 2013
Another last question: I must remove brand (flashing no-brand fmw from Sammobile) before flashing custom stuff, right?

icex93

Jan 12, 2013
I must say "up" otherwise many questions in this section will completely hide mine :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everything built recently (not sure how long) has the fix. Any KitKat build will have the fix, and both newest builds of CWM and TWRP do as well.
    Basically, flash anything new and you're fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    i have the sds chip also i actually had a fright a few months back when i woke up to my phone boot looping and anyway what i get to understand is that once u have a recovery and a bootloader with the latest fix u will be find... i use to use cwm thats before it bootlooped then i switched to philz cwm both right now are suppose to have the sds fix so basically after that flash any rom u want ..cause all the modern roms from 4.2 up as iv observed have the fix and havent given me any sds problem.