[Q] Rooted Kindle Fire Stuck

Search This thread

ScoJoh

Mar 21, 2012
Howdy!

It was literally AGES ago that I rooted my Kindle.

It's been totally fine forever! Then last night it needed charged so I plugged it in and went to bed. When I got up in the morning the power button was lit a nice shade of green, showing it was charged....

So later in the day I went to turn it on... nothing.... So I held the button to reset it.... After a bit I pressed the button...

The Blue KindleFire screen came up (with the statement at the bottom to "Press power button for boot menu...)

I didn't press anything, but it acts like I did and soon I see the three choices of "Normal Boot, Recovery, Reset Boot Mode" and the lines on each end move from choice to choice over and over....

That's all it does! I can press the power button and it doesn't do a thing. It just keeps scrolling.... If I hold the power button, it'll shut off after awhile.... but when trying to boot it again, it goes right back to that boot menu, scrolling through my choices and that's it. I have yet to find a way out of that.

I've tried plugging it into the charge to see if for some reason it's a power issue, but it does the same thing. I've tried plugging it into the PC via USB cable and it does the same thing!

Anyone have any suggestions or pointers? I'm kinda lost at this point, I've never had an issue that I couldn't recover it from until now, and I've had this thing for a good number of years.

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
Sounds like a hardware issue, specifically the power button is sticking. Try using an object see if the button is physically depressed. If not, then it us the switch inside.

ScoJoh

Mar 21, 2012
Sounds like a hardware issue, specifically the power button is sticking. Try using an object see if the button is physically depressed. If not, then it us the switch inside.

I can press the button though. I can press and Hold it to reset it, and I can press it to get it to go on again.

I guess that is possible, but if it was intermittent, the times I've just pressed the button repeatedly to try to get it to do something should have gotten me past that scrolling boot menu.

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
Thing is, the reason it is scrolling is from an input from the button. If the button is not the issue, then it is a circuit problem. Bad news. Better to have been the button.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Howdy!

It's been totally fine forever! Then last night it needed charged so I plugged it in and went to bed. When I got up in the morning the power button was lit a nice shade of green, showing it was charged....

So later in the day I went to turn it on... nothing.... So I held the button to reset it.... After a bit I pressed the button...

The Blue KindleFire screen came up (with the statement at the bottom to "Press power button for boot menu...)

I didn't press anything, but it acts like I did and soon I see the three choices of "Normal Boot, Recovery, Reset Boot Mode" and the lines on each end move from choice to choice over and over....

That's all it does! I can press the power button and it doesn't do a thing. It just keeps scrolling.... If I hold the power button, it'll shut off after awhile.... but when trying to boot it again, it goes right back to that boot menu, scrolling through my choices and that's it. I have yet to find a way out of that.

I've tried plugging it into the charge to see if for some reason it's a power issue, but it does the same thing. I've tried plugging it into the PC via USB cable and it does the same thing!

Anyone have any suggestions or pointers? I'm kinda lost at this point, I've never had an issue that I couldn't recover it from until now, and I've had this thing for a good number of years.

Can you PC see you tablet in adb or fastboot???

A

androvista

Howdy!

Can it boot into reecovery?

ScoJoh

Mar 21, 2012
Sadly no, the PC will not see it. It doesn't get far enough to be seen.

I did find a little more info. I used the Kindle Fire Utility 0.9.6 and it's running FFF 1.4a I believe? (bootup screen with the Blue Kingle Fire Logo).

The weird thing is, if I have the USB cable plugged into it and hit the power button, it won't come at all. I have to unplug it in order to get the boot sequence to come up.

If I remember correctly the boot options menu always scrolled, you just pressed the button when it was on the choice you wanted.

I did launch the KF Utility but when trying to do anything it just saying waiting for device because it isn't seeing the darn thing...

I really hope I'm not screwed. What really sucks was I had JUST been thinking about running the clean system image to restore it in TWRP but it did this before I decided to go ahead and do that.

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
My menus only scrolled if I press the power button. Otherwise, it boots whatever the menu is on. That is why I suspect the boot program is receiving an input from the button.

ScoJoh

Mar 21, 2012
My menus only scrolled if I press the power button. Otherwise, it boots whatever the menu is on. That is why I suspect the boot program is receiving an input from the button.

Well... I'm reading elsewhere the same thing you said.... yet mine has ALWAYS scrolled since I first loaded it and only advanced when I pressed the button when it was on the choice.....

Perhaps my power button has been having an issue for far longer than I realized... yet when the system did boot it didn't act like it was being pressed constantly.

Such a confusing issue.... sadly it's looking more and more like I've just got a Kindle I can do nothing more with :(