Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Pleasev recovety mode in Kies & try again

Search This thread

SwitchBack

Dec 3, 2011
I have a Galaxy 2 and a few days ago I charged cell phone and I when took out it from the charge the phone didnt turn on.
I tried reinstall the rom but the installation fails in ODIN.
I tried different ROMs but all failed.

I took to lab and they said the device was burned inside probably due to power charging.
But it is very strange that the device enters DOWNLOAD and when I turn the phone appears a message:
Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Pleasev recovety mode in Kies & try again

Maybe something could be done to save the phone?

Thanks for helpers

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I presume we're talking about an I9100 ?

The repair shop you took it to is probably wrong/doesn't know what they're talking about; think about it, if something was 'burnt out' on the motherboard, the phone wouldn't boot at all. However, with that said, it is possible the NAND could be corrupted, which is sometimes the case with these.

Find Hopper8'd 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General & try everything in that thread as many times as you have patience for/until you get a successful Odin flash, these cases are always fixed with persistence when they're actually recoverable (which is often the case when you still have download mode).

If you find after days of trying you can't get a successful flash, take it to another mobile repair shop. Most likely fix will be motherboard replacement as it's not feasible to just replace the NAND (very fiddly to do & would cost you more in labour than a motherboard replacement).

SwitchBack

Dec 3, 2011
I presume we're talking about an I9100 ?

The repair shop you took it to is probably wrong/doesn't know what they're talking about; think about it, if something was 'burnt out' on the motherboard, the phone wouldn't boot at all. However, with that said, it is possible the NAND could be corrupted, which is sometimes the case with these.

Find Hopper8'd 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General & try everything in that thread as many times as you have patience for/until you get a successful Odin flash, these cases are always fixed with persistence when they're actually recoverable (which is often the case when you still have download mode).

If you find after days of trying you can't get a successful flash, take it to another mobile repair shop. Most likely fix will be motherboard replacement as it's not feasible to just replace the NAND (very fiddly to do & would cost you more in labour than a motherboard replacement).

I all day tried to falsh still is fail.
There is another way?

Please help me

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I just did help you. I gave you the only help you can give in this situation.

The only way you're fixing this yourself is with a successful flash, and if you can't get that done, take it to a Samsung service centre or back to one of those local mobile repair shops.

There is no magic fix and no other way for you to fix this.

SwitchBack

Dec 3, 2011
I just did help you. I gave you the only help you can give in this situation.

The only way you're fixing this yourself is with a successful flash, and if you can't get that done, take it to a Samsung service centre or back to one of those local mobile repair shops.

There is no magic fix and no other way for you to fix this.

There is any file that can be install by odin that will fix the phone? expect of rom

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
*cough*

Final time I'm saying it. I've given you the only way to fix this. If this doesn't fix it, you can't fix it yourself. What is it exactly do you find so difficult to understand about this ?

They're your choices. Persist & hope for the best, sit there with a busted phone for however long you want to be in denial, or get the motherboard replaced if you're unable to fix it yourself.