Call reject and blocking

Search This thread

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
In earlier versions of android there was a way to maintain a blacklist of phone numbers to reject. But I can't find this in android 4.4.2. Did they remove it?

peecs121

Jan 11, 2011
In earlier versions of android there was a way to maintain a blacklist of phone numbers to reject. But I can't find this in android 4.4.2. Did they remove it?

Are you on stock or custom rom?

If your on a custom rom then there is a blacklist setting under the phone dialer and under security. You can block calls/texts and unknown numbers. It's a very nice feature

Super powered Nexus 5 running AICP/ElementalX/Greenify

Last edited:

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis

I remember that, it must have been the ASOP dialer because it is not in the new Google Dialer. I ran Carbon on my Nexus 4 and remember that feature so I would say it is a feature of ASOP dialer.

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
Yes it used to be there and I recall a YouTube that showed how to use it. I'm on stock 4.4.2 and it's no longer there.

I'm afraid all the phone blocking apps probably just steal your contacts......

Too bad.

D

Darth

I've used root call blocker from play store. Works great. Free version is a bit limiting tho. But still good. And stable. For me anyway. ;)

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....