SD Card errors

Search This thread

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
My phone recently had a black screen and constant vibrate problem. Called ATT, I had 10 days left on the warranty. Got a new replacement. Unfortunately the old one was on the good (old boot loader) and the replacement phone is now on the new boot loader. I have now Towelrooted, safestrapped and upgraded my phone to NC1 firmware.

My problem is that I cant write to my external microSD card. I can access it and even flash from it in recovery. However I cant copy to, save to the card. What do I need to do to fix this?

sway8966

Mar 17, 2012
Odessa
My phone recently had a black screen and constant vibrate problem. Called ATT, I had 10 days left on the warranty. Got a new replacement. Unfortunately the old one was on the good (old boot loader) and the replacement phone is now on the new boot loader. I have now Towelrooted, safestrapped and upgraded my phone to NC1 firmware.

My problem is that I cant write to my external microSD card. I can access it and even flash from it in recovery. However I cant copy to, save to the card. What do I need to do to fix this?

Please check the permission on the extcard with explorer like root explorer. You should mounted as r/w and the permission should say rwxrwxrwx something like that.

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
OK I looked at it and it was not rwxrwxrwx. It should be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
Still having a problem. I even inserted a different SD card and the phone is automatically locking the card from write access

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app