App Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

darkylight

Sep 7, 2009
Lebanon, Beirut.
Hey everybody,
Well i don't know if its the right place to post my problem but i need someone to help me.
I rooted my Z1 successfully and installed mod edit ( am sure that all knows what mod edit is) after installation i get an error msg saying plz reinstall/update ur google play. I have the latest version of google play how should i update it..
Even when i need to purchase any coins or gold from any game i get no connection..

Can anyone plz help me.
Thanks inadvance

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I don't want to smart guy here but I'll show you one post from web.

Yes, it's for Apple and iTunes but the punch line is same...

the cost could be something more than money. The way I understand it, the hack in question uses a proxy, requires you to install a bogus certificate, and change DNS settings. That allows the transaction to be intercepted before it reaches iTunes, and that's what lets it cheat developers out of payment. It's also what could let the hacker collect all your information instead.

And that's dangerous.

There's a reason good guy hackers like the iPhone and Chronic dev team urge people not to steal apps -- it hurts everyone. A hack designed expressly to steal in-app purchases, by definition, isn't run by a good guy. The hacker in question is also asking for donations -- for money in exchange for helping you cheat developers out of the money they worked hard for and earned.

As proofs of concept, as a way to discover vulnerabilities that get passed on to Apple so they can be fixed, hacking and hackers can be extremely beneficial to hardening security and making all of our iPhones and iPads safer to use.

This isn't that.

This is stealing, and while it will certainly cost developers money, it could cost you a lot more. Worse than that, it's the perfect way to trick people into giving you access to their devices and credentials. Maybe this particular hacker isn't interested in abusing that, but how do we know? How do we know no one else will use the same hack to steal device and transaction information?

The easiest way to steak anything from anyone is to ask them for it.

No way in hell am I trusting anyone to essentially man-in-the-middle my iTunes connections, and no way in someplace even darker and hotter am I helping them do it.

Cry FUD if you want, but for me, saving $0.99 on Smurfberries isn't worth exposing my data or account.

This is stealing mate and it's not cool, we are all working to develop something for you all.

Someone have to ask for money someone don't but either way - it's not cool...

Especially on XDA...

Moderators will close this thread...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

wedgess

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
Warez is strictly prohibited from XDA, be it discussions, asking for help and certainly posting it here.

6. Do not post warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez and nor do we permit any member to request, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.