Moto X, G, E - 4.4.4 KitKat Rollout

Search This thread

roaddaw9

Nov 9, 2010
I just got a update download that started. Verizon in Michigan. I did a force update check

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

jaykresge

Nov 8, 2010
I found this a bit amusing. I have a Verison Moto G (8GB, model XT1028) used primarily as a toy for my 4 year old son. Got it for $50. I also have the unlocked GSM edition Moto X XT1053. The Verizon Moto G updated to 4.4.4 today, while my Moto X is on 4.4.3.

As I've stated before, I understand why this is. But, I can still be amused by it :)

fredaroony

Feb 9, 2010
Sydney
Nothing for the XT1052...this is getting boring when carrier devices are getting updated before a non carrier unlocked phone.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Flashed OTA. Still have root! [emoji122]

Is your bootloader unlocked?
@Mykalmunlight :

EDIT: upon reviewing your posts, it appears you HAVE unlocked your BL through the china middleman. This is why you still have root.

Without this information, your post is confusing. Others who are not unlocked may read it and assume they can continue to root with PIE or TowelPieRoot once on 4.4.4.

Just to clear it up for everyone: UNLESS YOUR BL IS UNLOCKED, YOU ---WILL--- permanently LOSE root if you update to 4.4.4. You will lose root FOREVER. (unless some new exploit comes along which is unlikely, at best)

Last edited:

mawells787

Feb 27, 2011
New York
Is there anyone that is not part of the official soak test that could chime in on experience so far. And I don't mean battery life because that's subjective and its too early to tell anyways.

But more like touchless / active notf. Ect that either working better/worse or the same.

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Not part of soak. I downloaded and installed the OTA ZIP posted in this thread.

I have a Dev Ed, boot loader unlocked, and rooted. I flashed stock recovery back, I had renamed a few APK files (backup assist related) and I had to name them back, then installed the OTA zip.

Went well, so far so good, but I only flashed this morning, so not long enough to know if its better or worse

Reactions: mawells787

tcrews

May 4, 2010
android.snkbitten.com
Is there anyone that is not part of the official soak test that could chime in on experience so far. And I don't mean battery life because that's subjective and its too early to tell anyways.

But more like touchless / active notf. Ect that either working better/worse or the same.

Not part of SOAK, Verizon Moto X Dev Edition, rooted, Xposed, TWRP recovery, Titanium Backup frozen apps.

Disabled Xposed, Flashed stock Recovery, installed the OTA.zip posted in this thread. After boot, re-enabled Xposed and the modules I used.

Just installed this morning, not much to report at this time. Moto Alert is included (there is an update in the Play Store), looks like Cloud Print has been updated as the Play Store no longer shows an update available.

superkeest

Mar 28, 2010
Does anyone have a link to the stock recovery image, without having to download the whole 600 meg firmware package? Im just looking for stock recovery for 4.4.2.

Thanks.

dpw2atox

Mar 25, 2010
I sideloaded the update on my Verizon Moto X and the first thing I noticed is Android OS is using much fewer cpu cycles and I have gotten a big increase in battery life so far. Running ART and on WiFi I've used 21% of my battery in the last 4hrs and 45min. Prior to this update with Dalvik (I couldn't use ART because I had a severe battery drain) I would get about 1hr per 10% of standard usage. Overall things are greatly improved and I'm loving this update.

MickyMax

Nov 13, 2007
I sideloaded the update on my Verizon Moto X and the first thing I noticed is Android OS is using much fewer cpu cycles and I have gotten a big increase in battery life so far. Running ART and on WiFi I've used 21% of my battery in the last 4hrs and 45min. Prior to this update with Dalvik (I couldn't use ART because I had a severe battery drain) I would get about 1hr per 10% of standard usage. Overall things are greatly improved and I'm loving this update.

So finally you will stay on ART or Dalvik?
What's the difference in performance between the two in the last update (4.4.4)?

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

dpw2atox

Mar 25, 2010
Personally I'll stay with art barring anything unexpected happening. The main thing I've noticed is just bug fixes and lower CPU usage using art compared to 4.4.2.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
So finally you will stay on ART or Dalvik?
What's the difference in performance between the two in the last update (4.4.4)?

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

Personally I'll stay with art barring anything unexpected happening. The main thing I've noticed is just bug fixes and lower CPU usage using art compared to 4.4.2.

Remember: You can't used Xposed with ART.

Some people don't realize it, but if you install Xposed it automatically switches you back to Dalvik. Many still think they are on ART.

You can thank the Xposed DEV for this. If it didn't automatically switch you back to Dalvik, you would be in a boot-loop.....

If you don't use Xposed, don't worry about this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The update rollout has begun, don't know if is legit but, we need to spread the word. uploadfromtaptalk1404537969311.jpg

Gotcha. Yeah, it wasn't in the app drawer. Had to manually update it via the Play store.

-----

As for people saying 4.4.4 causes really terrible battery drain on the Moto X, I'm going to have to disagree. Here's my day after I updated to 4.4.4 and switched to ART (again).

Screenshot_2014-07-27-19-55-51.png

Screenshot_2014-07-27-19-54-49.png

Screenshot_2014-07-27-19-55-10.png

I do have Google Location Reporting disabled and the phone set to Device Only location with Wifi kept on only when plugged in.

My GSam average from Feb 12 includes 4.4 and 4.4.2. In other words, don't put poorly developed apps on your phone.
    Members,

Let me remind you that this is a FORUM and reserve your comments.
    Follow the FORUM rules and strictly NO ABUSIVE LANGUAGE OR FLAMING COMMENTS.

Next, anyone violating the rules will go under the hammer for sure. Take this as a caution.

Now, let's get down to normal life.

THANKS,
    THREAD CLEANED
    Two question....

The moto x in India is XT1052...

When the update is avaiable moto x XT1052 Europe update the same time that India?

What is the version of sbf India on the Motorola Firmware?

I don't see nothing....