[ROM][GT-I9100][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
latest nightly thanks to Codeworkx and team 30032012

Yes i know this is now on the official page but for those of you who face slow download speeds try this mirror from my host account.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oiroox

As always the great stuff by the legends called team hacksung and to Zlodo for his contribution you guys rock.

Anyways link is above feel free to bash my account and if it helped please hit that thanks:)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oiroox

Everything works well video recording that is woohoo...Now to video my ***** with me in the night:D

Reactions: miketwn

wgery

Apr 2, 2009
Budapest
maybe a bit lame question but I can't see the call setting in the setting menu...where's it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
It seems I now have the GPS issue. I didn't use it for a while and now I can't get a fix. Is there something we can do to give information for debugging the issue or we need to wait for changes in the next build?

Are you running a build that has the fix for satellite status reporting?

If so:

Use GPS Status and Toolbox:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2

If you're not seeing any sats with that fix I have no clue. If you're seeing sats but they all stay grey -

Try:
First - In GPS Status, Menu->Tools->Manage A-GPS State->Reset followed by Download

If that doesn't work:
Try:
Put phone into airplane mode then see if you can get a lock. An unassisted cold start can take a few minutes initially.
Then see if it continues working after coming out of airplane mode.
This fixed one I777 user - but the GPS Status reset trick may also help.

I think what is happening is somehow occasionally bogus AGPS data gets in there, causing SUPL to hurt lock times instead of helping.

All of the gps.conf hacks I've seen so far are placebo - SUPL/XTRA/NTP settings do nothing when in airplane mode and I can tell you without any doubt - this device is fully capable of achieving an unassisted standalone lock.

Edit: Obviously, when running the above, make sure you're outside with a clear view of the sky. The toughest situation for any GPS is the initial lock - once you've fully locked, later locks should be much faster.

Last edited:

bleuxeon

Jan 25, 2012
Near COGNAC (FR)
is there an option in the camera to decide to save on external sd instead of internal because my internal storage is almost full?

in CM7 I have wait for this feature that seams to me very basic, but it never comes up.
I have 32gb class 10 external SD for one year and I have never been able to record any videos on it.
I realy wonder why the recording on external SD has never been included in CM builds.
With extra support of ntfs that would allow hours of 1080p video recording.

cipiculla

Jul 29, 2009
So.. Do i have any options left but take the phone to nearest care center and let them rob me?

Tried to boot it with several options but with no luck:

- vol up/down + home + power
- battery off + connect charger + vol up/down (and vol up + down) and battery back
- with usb-jig

I have two full charged battery and i have removed sd-card and sim from the phone but nothing works, i just got totally black screen.

Background: i was using build 22.3 (used it over 15 hours) when suddenly the phone freezed after i tried play music and it never woke up - did not flash or modify anything before freezing.

Maybe I'm having a some kind of hardware problem? All the advice's are appreciated - I'm going crazy without my beloved SGS2 (almost a week for now) :rolleyes:

Try to enter download mode, even if you dont see anything on your phone screen open odin and look if it recognize your phone. If it does then problem solved, flash any odin rom after that you can flash again cm9.

Hope this helps you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

limbokick

Feb 25, 2012
I'm going to install my first CyanogenMod and I'm not sure about few things:

could anyone tell me please is this point still valid - I have oryginal 4.0.3 from samsung. I was flashing ICS beta (LPH) before.

- Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH

- make sure you're running a proper working CWM like the one from CM7

What does it mean "proper working"? I have the one for 4.0.3 Sammy stock, is it ok?

TIA

ashok

Dec 13, 2007
i would really like to try CM9, but after installing when entering the gmail id and pass in EMail app and in the account and sync section, it says unable to retrieve the server settings. Any help?

A$h x

Feb 9, 2011
London
Are you running a build that has the fix for satellite status reporting?

If so:

Use GPS Status and Toolbox:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2

If you're not seeing any sats with that fix I have no clue. If you're seeing sats but they all stay grey -

Try:
First - In GPS Status, Menu->Tools->Manage A-GPS State->Reset followed by Download

If that doesn't work:
Try:
Put phone into airplane mode then see if you can get a lock. An unassisted cold start can take a few minutes initially.
Then see if it continues working after coming out of airplane mode.
This fixed one I777 user - but the GPS Status reset trick may also help.

I think what is happening is somehow occasionally bogus AGPS data gets in there, causing SUPL to hurt lock times instead of helping.

Thing is, I know I'm getting a lock - it's just not being shown as such. Once the GPS symbol stops flashing and stays constant, a lock has been achieved right?
If not, maps and weather widget would not be able to determine your location. I never get a green lock status in GPS status, used to get green & 8/8 sats on previous roms. I have faith that a fix will be committed soon. :)

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
I'm going to install my first CyanogenMod and I'm not sure about few things:

could anyone tell me please is this point still valid - I have oryginal 4.0.3 from samsung. I was flashing ICS beta (LPH) before.

What does it mean "proper working"? I have the one for 4.0.3 Sammy stock, is it ok?

TIA

flash the resurrection edition using odin

seekertbs

Jan 31, 2011
Guys. Everything works. Just one thing. When i finish the filming if i go back to camera to shoot photos i get FC on camera and in the apex launcher. But if i press home directly to get out of camera app, everything is fine. Can someone replicate that? I have already clear data in the camera app and inglês the CWM.:confused:

Tks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Anyone??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions

If you're a bloody noob and getting confused by following simple instructions, go down and read about using the noob-proof ODIN method.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running ICS bootloaders lower than LPH! (if you're unsure, flash the CM9 Resurrection Edition)
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Reboot

Using the noob-proof ODIN method:
    - Download CM9 Resurrection Edition
    - Download GApps and put it onto your internal sdcard
    - Open Odin
    - Choose cm-9-XXXXXXXX-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 as PDA
    - Boot your phone into download mode
    - Connect your device via usb to your computer
    - Wait till Odin has fully recognized your phone
    - Hit the start button and wait till the flash process is finished
    - Device boots automatically into recovery
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot into CM9
    - Follow above steps to update CM9 to lastest available version (Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9)

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

Nightly builds:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=galaxys2
    can also be found at ROM-Manager

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager. We recommend to use 20120317.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

CM9 Resurrection Edition for use with Odin:
    20120420: Download
    20120330: Download

CWM flashable Modems:
    LPX Modem: Download
    LPW Modem: Download
    LPS Modem: Download
    LPR Modem: Download
    Have a look at ROM-Manager (Developer: codeworkx) for more Modems.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#galaxys2/cm9/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Thread for Developers only!!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20671183

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    QCcry.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Lets all hit thank button for CODEWORKS at least 5 times a day until he beats mike1986 who has "17032" thank votes

+1

great idea :p
    CM10
    It's done when it's done. Don't expect a release withing the next days. If it takes weeks, then it takes weeks.

I'll focus on I9100 development because it's the device with the most users.
    It will take us a lot of time to integrate all patches/hacks needed for samsung devices.

Don't bug us or ask for etas, just be patient and let us work.
    That's the best what you can do.
    Push me over 10k nao!!!
    By the way.... got a interesting PM.
    "You Are an Elite Recognized Developer of XDA!"

:p