[Q] How can I get the Android Marketplace on my Alldro device ?

Search This thread

ldq

Apr 1, 2010
Timisoara
Hi guys,

I bought a tablet from the guys over at Allview. The price was decent and the tablet is nice, but the douchy problem is that they did not include the android marketplace. I need it.

The device runs a eclair (android 2.1) update 1. Is there any way to install the marketplace without rooting the device ? and If not, can the device be rooted ? It has no phone capabilities (no sim, no gps, no camera) so I have 0 ideea what tool to use, especially because i really have no ideea what happends when rooting.

The little i got informationwise is that i'd probably need to root it > connect it to pc, use the andorid debugging console to "push" the app into the system folder. Tried to install whatever vendor.apks I could find but since the "host" os was uncertain, it's probably why they could not be installed. Alas, i may be wrong. Can you please help me out ?
if you need more infor google allview or Alldro

Thanks a lot !

Omnichron

Dec 1, 2010
East Highland, CA
Hi guys,

I bought a tablet from the guys over at Allview. The price was decent and the tablet is nice, but the douchy problem is that they did not include the android marketplace. I need it.

The device runs a eclair (android 2.1) update 1. Is there any way to install the marketplace without rooting the device ? and If not, can the device be rooted ? It has no phone capabilities (no sim, no gps, no camera) so I have 0 ideea what tool to use, especially because i really have no ideea what happends when rooting.

The little i got informationwise is that i'd probably need to root it > connect it to pc, use the andorid debugging console to "push" the app into the system folder. Tried to install whatever vendor.apks I could find but since the "host" os was uncertain, it's probably why they could not be installed. Alas, i may be wrong. Can you please help me out ?

Thanks a lot !

Here ya go! :D just download it to your destop, transfer it to you device via usb, or download it to android device and run it from there!:)

Attachments

• Android.Market.v2.3.4.apk
    2 MB · Views: 114
Reactions: ldq

ldq

Apr 1, 2010
Timisoara
thought as much. it won't install. I'm using ES explorer to install it (my device is not rooted yet, as I mentioned before) and no luck.

EDIT 1: Also tried copy=pasting it into the system/app folder. it says android marketplace blablabla copy failed. Is it possible that I am dealing with a NAND lock ?

Last edited:

ldq

Apr 1, 2010
Timisoara
nope, not yet. I;m trying to root it as we speak... so far still going through the steps

EDIT: trying this out: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=858952
so far i got to making the recovery image. for some idiotic reason however, I cannot do adb reboot recovery again ! it tells me error: protocol fault (no status)
my guess is that it doesn't like the recovery folder's name. else i don't get what's wrong ! I am going to rename the folder, and then attempt a second reboot-recovery. see if that works !
EDIT2: did not work. Could it be something else ?

Last edited:

ldq

Apr 1, 2010
Timisoara
You will need to root your device to be able to push the vending apk into the system apps.

1. Root. its essential to do so.
2. Mount system partition r/w > google for adb commands on how to do that and adb in general
3. download the google apps provided above and either unzip and push vending apk to system/apps (not sure about the exact names, you'll have to see for yourself by using Root Explorer) . Restart phone > should work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thanks a lot !

Here ya go! :D just download it to your destop, transfer it to you device via usb, or download it to android device and run it from there!:)
    could be that system is mounted read only.
    Do you have root?