giving up on this device

Search This thread

vodovodo

Oct 28, 2006
is it the original car charger ?

maybe the problem is with the charger itself not the phone ?

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
is it the original car charger ?

maybe the problem is with the charger itself not the phone ?

it' a motorola car charger, it works fine with all my other phones, all of them never overheat like lg. lg is the only phone that give me "overheat detected, phone stop charging" <-something like that.
i used to have sony x10, samsung infuse, samsung galaxy s2 international (already sold on ebay, i like to play with all the latest phone and doesnt lost that much money).

Epyoch

Feb 29, 2012
Bremerton, WA
never seen a problem like that...gets about the same temp as my garminfone while charging and using gps...and about the same temp as my netbook....doesn't seem to affect anything...

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
never seen a problem like that...gets about the same temp as my garminfone while charging and using gps...and about the same temp as my netbook....doesn't seem to affect anything...

it doesnt matter how hot it is compare to garminfone.
it pops up this message "heat detected, phone stop charging"
you know you will run out of battery cus it refuses to charge!

Archector

Mar 5, 2012
Have you

Have you tried another car charger? those are really cheap, i don't think it's a reason to switch to another phone without trying that.

liteon163

Apr 1, 2011
I bought a Spectrum because I like the hardware; it's a huge improvement over my old CM7 AMOLED DROID Incredible. Sure, the developers aren't here. But it's still a great phone. And I can change launchers, which eliminates its biggest weakness.

I buy phones based on what they ARE, not on what they "should" become. If the Spectrum never gets CM9, I'll still be satisfied with the phone I DO have, not disappointed in the phone it should have become.

Sent from my VS920 4G using XDA

debugger919

Dec 7, 2011
Just curious, I wonder if the Spectrum can flash the ICS rom leaked rencently, I think it's the same device as LU6200.

LiViD

Aug 27, 2010
Smithers, BC
I bought a Spectrum because I like the hardware; it's a huge improvement over my old CM7 AMOLED DROID Incredible. Sure, the developers aren't here. But it's still a great phone. And I can change launchers, which eliminates its biggest weakness.

I buy phones based on what they ARE, not on what they "should" become. If the Spectrum never gets CM9, I'll still be satisfied with the phone I DO have, not disappointed in the phone it should have become.

These phones were designed to run ICS, as they were intended for. LG is just dragging their heals on it. Chances are that the 4X with ICS will be released to the market before that happens. They've already made a profit on these phones, and are now aggravating people by teasing them with a new product.

Epyoch

Feb 29, 2012
Bremerton, WA
it doesnt matter how hot it is compare to garminfone.
it pops up this message "heat detected, phone stop charging"
you know you will run out of battery cus it refuses to charge!

I've never seen it say that...maybe you've got a bad one...or what you are using to charge it is not good for the phone....try another charger...it might work for all other phones...but might be off for this one.

liteon163

Apr 1, 2011
Yeah, I know these phones are made for ICS. I'll be fine if all I get is LG's version of ICS. If I could eventually put CM9 on it, great. If not, I won't she'd a tear.

Now I'm just wondering if I should root and de-bloat before ICS comes out...

Epyoch

Feb 29, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Yeah, I know these phones are made for ICS. I'll be fine if all I get is LG's version of ICS. If I could eventually put CM9 on it, great. If not, I won't she'd a tear.

Now I'm just wondering if I should root and de-bloat before ICS comes out...

It really depends on what you want. ever since I rooted and debloated...I've fallen in love with this phone even more...it's super fast for a phone. Much quicker....I definitely suggest getting a different launcher if anything.

Mystic38

Mar 16, 2012
Hi,
Under any given state of charge a battery can only accept a certain charge current, for which a certain voltage is required. So.. for a battery to overheat during charging then the charger is attempting to drive the battery with a higher voltage/current combination than the device can accept.. and the balance is converted to heat.

So, in summary, unless the battery is defective, overheating is the fault of the charger.

hope this helps...

yeah. i bought that motorola car charger for 5$ on amazon but it never overheat my other phones except lg nitro.
going to try another car charger to see what happen.

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
Hi,
Under any given state of charge a battery can only accept a certain charge current, for which a certain voltage is required. So.. for a battery to overheat during charging then the charger is attempting to drive the battery with a higher voltage/current combination than the device can accept.. and the balance is converted to heat.

So, in summary, unless the battery is defective, overheating is the fault of the charger.

hope this helps...

so shouldnt it be the fault of lg also? i had other phones (samsung infuse, sony x10, galaxy s2 international <-all sold on on ebay now) and they never overheat like that. if other devices can accept the higher voltage and lg cant. who's the garbage here?

xordos

Dec 4, 2010

Well said, exactly, I don't know why Official/Customize ICS ROM is so important. They are nice to have and I really appreciate their hard work. (BTW, I donated to CM team and others to thank them). But I bought/like Nitro because of the specs. And the Apps of Android is more important than OS itself.

Mystic38

Mar 16, 2012
no, not necessarily... if an LG phone charges with a $30 LG charger but not a $5 generic charger i dont think its a call for 'garbage".. its just "it is what it is" :)

for example.. my bold 9930 will only charge with certain cable/charger configurations.. plug it into computer?.. connects for data but not charging..

As devices get more complicated, and use reduced geometries with tighter voltage requirements i think over time, the idea of generic chargers will be toast...

so shouldnt it be the fault of lg also? i had other phones (samsung infuse, sony x10, galaxy s2 international <-all sold on on ebay now) and they never overheat like that. if other devices can accept the higher voltage and lg cant. who's the garbage here?

tnap1979

Apr 18, 2008
Smithville
Google Pixel 4
OnePlus 7T
so....
i finally took the plunge and got rid of my LG Optimus LTE... :(
i do kinda miss it... but im really lovin my brand spankin shiny new Nexus white :D
i miss the fact the nexus does not have external memory... but now it opens the doors for me to attempt to become a developer for android apps, and i have so many tools available to me for the nexus that i dont think there is any possible way i can hard brick this thing, i say this as i just got the phone yesterday, and i intentionally soft bricked and messed up the bootloader just to see how easy it would be to restore...

i have to give the nexus the one up on this... within 10 minutes i was restored back to a working bootloader and recovery, and had a stock rom flashed within another 10 minutes

i think ill be more happier with this device now that i also have wind service with premium data plan :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You were mistaken in thinking anyone here cares. What does making this thread accomplish? Are you trying to make other people give up too? I just don't see the point in posting this. You're just going to get negative replies from Nitro HD fans. And it's not like you've contributed anything, either.