[Mod S-OFF required] Rezound Super CID!

Search This thread

jefffeely

Aug 18, 2011
Columbus, OH
This is probably common knowledge, but since the only place I found it in our forum was buried deep in a 1500+ reply thread I thought I'd make a new thread for it.

If you don't know, super CID is more or less like root for hboot/fastboot. Why do we care? It means we can install any ROM we want if the propaganda is to believed.

More importantly, it means we don't have to lock our bootloaders before we RUU if we don't want to.

Here are the simple steps to get super CID.

S-OFF is required.

1. fastboot oem readcid
2. write down your existing cid.
3. fastboot oem writecid 11111111
4. fastboot owm readcid
5. verify it has changed. It should list your old CID as your backup CID.

I tested this by flashing the 2.x RUU, unlocking the bootloader via HTCDev, and then flashing the RUU again immediately after I got unlocked.

--As is noted by other people. This isn't actually useful for us. But yay, now you know and don't have to spend 5 hours researching like I did.

Last edited:

werdna87

Apr 9, 2011
Mass
This is probably common knowledge, but since the only place I found it in our forum was buried deep in a 1500+ reply thread I thought I'd make a new thread for it.

If you don't know, super CID is more or less like root for hboot/fastboot. Why do we care? It means we can install any ROM we want if the propaganda is to believed.

More importantly, it means we don't have to lock our bootloaders before we RUU if we don't want to.

S-OFF is required.

1. fastboot oem readcid
4. fastboot owm readcid

I tested this by flashing the 2.x RUU, unlocking the bootloader via HTCDev, and then flashing the RUU again immediately after I got unlocked.
i don't see why anyone has unlocked... there's absolutely NO need with S-off

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
what do you mean by flash any rom? like could we take a rom for diff phone and install or what

The point of supercid was more or less for phones with oversea counterparts
Like the inspire HD and desire HD
Same phone for the most part just branded different, supercid would allow you to flash an inspire Rom to the desire

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
The point of supercid was more or less for phones with oversea counterparts
Like the inspire HD and desire HD
Same phone for the most part just branded different, supercid would allow you to flash an inspire Rom to the desire

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

So in that case it servers no purpose on the rezound?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011

where did you get this information :confused: the cid is the carrier id,and simply tells the phone what factory RUUs its allowed to install. it has absolutely nothing to do with locking bootloaders. once you are s-offed,if you choose to unlock,you can run an ruu without relocking,period. its got nothing to do with superCID.

superCID is cool for phones like the sensation,desire HD,and other world phones becasue it lets us run other carriers branded,or unbranded software. ive been running asian/european ICS on my sensation for weeks now :D

while i did change the CID of my rezound for S&Gs,it is at this point,completely pointless,as all we have access to are vzw RUUs ;) do not be mistaken that this lets you flash other phones roms. that would be an extremely bad idea :eek:

while i appreciate your bringing forth this information,id prolly advize that most folks do not do this. at this point there are no benefits,and its one more thing you will have to remember to return to stock if you ever need to send the phone in for warranty.

my 2 cents.

edit: yall beat me by minutes :D

Last edited:

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
i don't see why anyone has unlocked... there's absolutely NO need with S-off

its a good substitue for the eng hboot for new rooters,as it allows fastboot boot and fastboot flash,and even allows you to change cid and the secureflag. in short its got all the commands that most folks will ever need :D

it also is a lil less dangerous than flashing a new(potentially corrupt and unchecked by a "whats an md5sum??" new rooter) bootloader. remember without a bootloader your phone is useless. i personally see nothing wrong with unlocking rather than flashing an eng or patched hboot.

i agree theres no need to unlock,but theres othing wrong with it,either.

Reactions: RoryHe

jefffeely

Aug 18, 2011
Columbus, OH
Correct. This guy needs to stop posting these useless threads. This isn't development. That is common knowlege.

Not common knowledge. Also, not in our forums till now. Just because YOU have a lot of experience with HTC phones doesn't mean everyone else does.

Everything that I have posted has been useful to someone. Just because we have S-OFF does not remotely mean that we are at the end of the line for development.

Perhaps you would like to make a post with your common knowledge about how to compile AOSP from scratch for our phone. Or how to flash a new hboot from download mode or JTAG/SPI for those who bork their hboot?

jefffeely

Aug 18, 2011
Columbus, OH
Seriously. Stop posting this pointless crap. Feel free to make a rom or kernel or something and post it but photos and a single useless fastboot command are useless and isn't development.

So can you tell me where I should have looked to have known that it was useless until I made this thread?

Also, since it is common knowledge, can you tell me where the JTAG ports are in the pictures I posted. Or more specifically, the pinouts?

Last edited:

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
1. Perhaps you would like to make a post with your common knowledge about how to compile AOSP from scratch for our phone.

2. Or how to flash a new hboot from download mode or JTAG/SPI for those who bork their hboot?

1. Where did a comment about AOSP come from? A rom could have meant a sense rom.

2. You didn't figure out how to flash hboot via download mode/ JTAG or SPI. All you did was post pictures of the inside. You didn't label a single port or anything.

jclendineng

Aug 10, 2011
Delaware
Just drop it. Yes cid is pointless as soff is unlocked. and rooted bootloader? Lol. But still just say something and drop it. No need to rub it in.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Dropping it.

Mods you might as well delete this thread. I still think it is useful information even if the application isn't.

I think what con was getting at is you giving information like this, that doesn't do anyone any good concerning this phone is pointless to post in the development section. Post it all you want in general.

I think putting long tube headers on a muscle car is useful information, but since it doesn't apply to this phone I am not going to make a thread about it in the development section.

jefffeely

Aug 18, 2011
Columbus, OH
I think what con was getting at is you giving information like this, that doesn't do anyone any good concerning this phone is pointless to post in the development section. Post it all you want in general.

I think putting long tube headers on a muscle car is useful information, but since it doesn't apply to this phone I am not going to make a thread about it in the development section.

I just didn't know that at the time I posted this thread. As far as I could tell it was useful information since there are still people locking and unlocking their bootloaders. Other phones have super cid info posted in their dev sections, how was I supposed to know it "useless".

It really is too bad that it has been deemed useless though. It already has been useful to me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You guys do realize that this now 4 page thread would only have been 1 page if con247 didn't need to run around telling people how stupid they are, right?

I don't care how useless some of you might find this information, ANY information is good to have.

And personally, who the hell reads the General Section looking for anything that may have information in it?

Both of this guys posts were informative to me, even if I don't need the information right this second, I learned something. Isn't that the whole point of this place?

Or is it just for people who already know everything to post things that make themselves feel special? Oh, and get donations of course, because that's all some people are after.

I'm just saying, back in the day (like I've been here so long) it was always a good thing to post information, even if you didn't know what purpose it would or would not serve later.

Oh, and the General Section, that's for crap, not for information. Otherwise you wouldn't be telling him to post what you think is crap there.

Seems to me a lot of people around here need to get off their high horses and come back to reality, we aren't all experts, we like information.

There are my two pennies, please spend them wisely.

D

PS - This wan't meant to insult anybody, it was meant to maybe open up the idea that any information is better than none. If you were insulted, did you do something I should know about? :D

S-OFF is required.

1. fastboot oem readcid
    4. fastboot owm readcid

--As is noted by other people. This isn't actually useful for us. But yay, now you know and don't have to spend 5 hours researching like I did.
    You guys do realize that this now 4 page thread would only have been 1 page if con247 didn't need to run around telling people how stupid they are, right?

I don't care how useless some of you might find this information, ANY information is good to have.

And personally, who the hell reads the General Section looking for anything that may have information in it?

Both of this guys posts were informative to me, even if I don't need the information right this second, I learned something. Isn't that the whole point of this place?

Or is it just for people who already know everything to post things that make themselves feel special? Oh, and get donations of course, because that's all some people are after.

I'm just saying, back in the day (like I've been here so long) it was always a good thing to post information, even if you didn't know what purpose it would or would not serve later.

Oh, and the General Section, that's for crap, not for information. Otherwise you wouldn't be telling him to post what you think is crap there.

Seems to me a lot of people around here need to get off their high horses and come back to reality, we aren't all experts, we like information.

There are my two pennies, please spend them wisely.

D

PS - This wan't meant to insult anybody, it was meant to maybe open up the idea that any information is better than none. If you were insulted, did you do something I should know about? :D

I agree 100% with DSB on this...

First, its not common knowledge as stated.

Second, it is usefull information for those that may be inqiusitve or try to really understand more info. I thought it was useful, I did not know how to change a CID.

Thirdly.. well.. NVM... I dont want call anyone out on USELESS threads... SO I will end my points here.

Flame away!
    So in that case it servers no purpose on the rezound?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Correct. This guy needs to stop posting these useless threads. This isn't development. That is common knowlege.

where did you get this information :confused: the cid is the carrier id,and simply tells the phone what factory RUUs its allowed to install. it has absolutely nothing to do with locking bootloaders. once you are s-offed,if you choose to unlock,you can run an ruu without relocking,period. its got nothing to do with superCID.

superCID is cool for phones like the sensation,desire HD,and other world phones becasue it lets us run other carriers branded,or unbranded software. ive been running asian/european ICS on my sensation for weeks now :D

while i did change the CID of my rezound for S&Gs,it is at this point,completely pointless,as all we have access to are vzw RUUs ;) do not be mistaken that this lets you flash other phones roms. that would be an extremely bad idea :eek:

while i appreciate your bringing forth this information,id prolly advize that most folks do not do this. at this point there are no benefits,and its one more thing you will have to remember to return to stock if you ever need to send the phone in for warranty.

my 2 cents.

edit: yall beat me by minutes :D