[I9100][ROM 4.1.2] Stock 4.1.2 JB - real deal

Search This thread
Oct 29, 2011
XWLS8 vs XWLSD

Guys! Does anyone know of a substantial improvement in the latest release (XWLSD). Can't find a link to the changelog for that version.
I'm currently on XWLS8 with latest Philz and I can say I'm pretty happy with it but I'd like to think there's still some goodies I'm missing...

By the way, battery life is great on latest Philz kernel. No lag, no FCs, no battery drain!

shahrozeumar

Dec 22, 2012
Karachi
Guys! Does anyone know of a substantial improvement in the latest release (XWLSD). Can't find a link to the changelog for that version.
I'm currently on XWLS8 with latest Philz and I can say I'm pretty happy with it but I'd like to think there's still some goodies I'm missing...

By the way, battery life is great on latest Philz kernel. No lag, no FCs, no battery drain!

If you are having no problems with your current firmware then no need to change it. Because there are a few issues in LSD as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Oct 29, 2011
If you are having no problems with your current firmware then no need to change it. Because there are a few issues in LSD as well.

I'm testing it right now and I can't complain... It's a little bit smoother than the previous one and has less lag when unlocking (sometimes no lag at all). Regarding battery life it's about the same when you flash Philz Kernel. In my particular case battery life improved around twice the one it had before because I flashed another modem (one suitable for latin american networks). I can't believe how much difference it makes... You all should give it a try. I'm making about 28hs with moderate use (10 - 15mins of talk, 100 msgs, 5 min video recording, 20 min music playback, etc.). As I said before... Can't complain!

Reactions: shahrozeumar

Dexter_prog

Jul 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
I'm testing it right now and I can't complain... It's a little bit smoother than the previous one and has less lag when unlocking (sometimes no lag at all). Regarding battery life it's about the same when you flash Philz Kernel. In my particular case battery life improved around twice the one it had before because I flashed another modem (one suitable for latin american networks). I can't believe how much difference it makes... You all should give it a try. I'm making about 28hs with moderate use (10 - 15mins of talk, 100 msgs, 5 min video recording, 20 min music playback, etc.). As I said before... Can't complain!
which modem? I'm also in Latin America and battery life is terrible in ALL JB roms for me

Oct 29, 2011
which modem? I'm also in Latin America and battery life is terrible in ALL JB roms for me

It's all about the modem, bro... I have discovered that now! The modem I use is UHLPF, attached just in case together with the newer version UHLPG. It also improved my signal reception. Do u know how to flash it? Cheers.-

Attachments

• Modems.rar
    7.9 MB · Views: 42

shahrozeumar

Dec 22, 2012
Karachi

I am on NeatROM lite v4.3. I am thinking to flash LSD now using mobile odin. Any issues you faced while flashing? Needed to restore efs afterwards?

Edit: I know 4.3 is LSD but I want to flash stock.

Last edited:

CrazeUK

Aug 2, 2007
Happens with me when I shut down my telephone and opened it again. It only happens with programms I put on my extern SD.
Now I updated Jb to:
PDA: I9100XWLS8
CSC: I9100FOPLS3
Version: 4.1.2
Date: 2013-01-16
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

No problems anymore.

Hi, is the rom you used the official rom for the UK generic?
Thanks

serialger

Oct 9, 2012
Hi, I'm using supernexus (4.2.2) and i want to give this rom a try (a lot of people says that this version of the stock rom is very smooth).

Anyway, somebody knows wich modem is the best for movistar in argentina?

Oct 29, 2011
Hi, I'm using supernexus (4.2.2) and i want to give this rom a try (a lot of people says that this version of the stock rom is very smooth).

Anyway, somebody knows wich modem is the best for movistar in argentina?

Yo tengo Vomistar en Argentina, usá el modem UHLPF que subí hace algunos posts! La stock es mucho más estable y fluida, no renegás más... Saludos.-

Reactions: mikloskass

lasic.2000

Apr 14, 2012
Warsaw
Odp: [I9100][ROM 4.1.2] Stock 4.1.2 JB - real deal

Bro use English

They call me, Prophet
TeamXD: Offcial Beta Tester
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
Rom: NeatRom Lite 4.4
Kernel: Dorimanx
Modem: I9100XXLS6
Mods:
Battery: Stock 1650
Send via: XDA Premium App
Remember me

Oct 29, 2011
GROSO! gracias ;) voy a probar con ese! es para flashear con odin?¿

Sí, lo flasheás con Odin, modo download, colocando el modem.bin en "Phone". Saludos.-

I just recommended one of the modems I uploaded couple of days ago for our region (south america)... Nothing major...

Sorry for not answering in english before but I just consider it is stupid to answer him speaking other than our native language. Cheers.-

Dexter_prog

Jul 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Otra víctima de Movistar, lo único que les digo es que no se maten con los modems, el 3G nunca va a andar bien.

Translation: just bashing against Movistar Argentina, the worst provider ever.

Oct 29, 2011
Otra víctima de Movistar, lo único que les digo es que no se maten con los modems, el 3G nunca va a andar bien.

Translation: just bashing against Movistar Argentina, the worst provider ever.

All carriers suck here... The thing with Vomistar is that, in order to get 3G always working (at some lousy speeds, but working) is to change the APNs as you change your region... There are several APNs that do the job, just have to pick the right one...

Dexter_prog

Jul 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
All carriers suck here... The thing with Vomistar is that, in order to get 3G always working (at some lousy speeds, but working) is to change the APNs as you change your region... There are several APNs that do the job, just have to pick the right one...
Could you pm me the alternatives APNs? (All I know of are the classic one, and the "internet" one)

AgentChaos

Account currently disabled
Aug 4, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Anyone else have battery drain issues? I have to charge my phone every night, however with CM 10.1, I only need to charge every 2/3 days.

Could it be my battery? its stock 1650.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As few seniors mentioned, you dont post stuff like that on your normal account.
    I'm not posting how to use Odin, I'm sure anyone who is interested in this knows it.

CHECKSUM.md5 so you can additionally check if above are correct before flashing.
    Flashing this will wipe your device.
    Screenshot included so you can see its legit.

EDIT : more screens thanks to yahyoh : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34184248&postcount=581

LINKS :

Code:
    PDA - LSJ
    Modem - LS6 (GSM version)
    CSC - LS1 Open version

rapidgator.net/file/56686813/Screenshot_2011-03-24-20-05-14.png.html
    rapidgator.net/file/56942974/CHECKSUM.md5.html
    rapidgator.net/file/56165140/emmc_EXT4_16GB.pit.html
    rapidgator.net/file/56165167/emmc_EXT4_32GB.pit.html
    rapidgator.net/file/56685720/CODE_I9100XXLSJ.tar.part1.rar.html
    rapidgator.net/file/56697314/CODE_I9100XXLSJ.tar.part2.rar.html
    rapidgator.net/file/56160234/MODEM_I9100XXLS6.tar.html
    rapidgator.net/file/56159278/CSC_HOME_OXX_I9100OXXLS1.tar.html
    rapidgator.net/file/56156500/Odin3_v1.85.zip.html

EDIT : added Odin to download.

It has new TW and there shouldn't be many bugs, maybe some minor ones.

EDIT2 : Cant change name inside rars, so just manually change extension in CODE to .tar
    Can someone please guide me how to flash this latest rom via odin. I'm on Cm9.. Many post saying different things:confused:. Thanks

1. Download the file.
    2. Extract the .zip file that you receive, in order to obtain a folder containing the files to flash.
    3. Open Task Manager and End KIES processes that you see.
    4. Start ODIN.
    5. Switch off your phone.
    6. Press and hold POWER+VOL UP+HOME button to boot into recovery.
    7. Wipe factory/reset. (Optional but recommended)
    8. Wipe cache partition. (Optional but recommended)
    9. Wipe dalvik cache. (Optional but recommended)
    10. Switch off phone and press and hold POWER+VOL DWN+HOME to boot into download mode.
    11. Connect the USB cable on both PC and Phone.
    12. ODIN should show a yellow box indicating COM port where the phone is connected. (If on ODIN 3.07+, a blue box should indicate the COM port not Yellow).
    13. Click on PDA and browse to the location where you extracted the .zip file and select the CODE_I9100XXLSJ.tar file.
    14. Click on Phone and browse to the location where you extracted the .zip file and select the MODEM_I9100XXLS6.tar file.
    15. Click on CSC and browse to the location where you extracted the .zip file and select the CSC_HOME_OXX_I9100OXXLS1.tar file.
    16. Don't touch anything else and MAKE SURE THAT RE-PARTITION CHECK BOX IS UNCHECKED.
    17. Click START and start praying.
    18. After it completes the flashing, your phone will automatically boot and ODIN will show SUCCESS in GREEN.

7TomH.png

qrlMR.png

lcf8B.png

tP8VG.png

rjK6K.png

DRZcP.png

pg8Qo.png
    Dman this thing feel like GS3

Screenshot_2012-11-15-22-56-18.png

Screenshot_2012-11-15-22-58-13.png

Screenshot_2012-11-15-22-58-20.png