Need some guidance to downgrade without root

Search This thread

jasminthoria

Oct 22, 2011
London
Hello all hope somebody will give me proper guidance and links of threads.
Just got my Xperia ultra today it is United Kingdom (GB) model number C6833 with Build number 14.2.A.0.290
I am very new to Sony Xperia phones, have bit experience in rooting HTC, Archos, Samsung but Xperia is new to me.
I did some research and found it is only possible to root 290 firmware with Unlocked bootloader. Here is the problem start I don't want to loose my DRM keys by unlocking bootloader, wanted to have backup of TA partition before I unlock my bootloader if I needed in case. I can't backup without Root so I am stuck and confused what to do? Is it possible to downgrade to other firmware to root my Xperia ultra then I can backup my DRM keys. Also found some posts by users saying if you downgrade from 290 you loose IMEI so is there any solution?
your help and guidance will be highly appreciated.:D

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
Just got my Xperia ultra today it is United Kingdom (GB) model number C6833 with Build number 14.2.A.0.290
I am very new to Sony Xperia phones, have bit experience in rooting HTC, Archos, Samsung but Xperia is new to me.
I did some research and found it is only possible to root 290 firmware with Unlocked bootloader. Here is the problem start I don't want to loose my DRM keys by unlocking bootloader, wanted to have backup of TA partition before I unlock my bootloader if I needed in case. I can't backup without Root so I am stuck and confused what to do? Is it possible to downgrade to other firmware to root my Xperia ultra then I can backup my DRM keys. Also found some posts by users saying if you downgrade from 290 you loose IMEI so is there any solution?

You can revert back and will probably loose imei. But you will still be able to root and backup your TA that is intact. And from there use any ROM you want.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: jasminthoria

jasminthoria

Oct 22, 2011
London
You can revert back and will probably loose imei. But you will still be able to root and backup your TA that is intact. And from there use any ROM you want.

what about if I wanted to use stock but rooted, rather then flashing any custom rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow the top sticky in this section.

Imei isn't a problem if you go back to 290 ftf, and even if you don't there are solutions.