remove features from a smartphone Android

Search This thread

gfantuzzi

May 31, 2014
Hello , I would like to pose a problem " atypical ".

I need to use an android phone only the date / time stamp, GPS, NFC reader , the GSM network (only to speed the search for the position ) , a wifi network (only for my one application installed on the device) .

Basically I need to remove almost everything from an Android phone (call , browse, update , install / use applications other than the default, access to wifi networks other than the one set , take pictures , watch videos / listen to music and so on) .

Let me clarify the operation expected : the user turns on the device and my application start; the device is switched to standby ; when require, user unlock the phone and obtain some information ( date / time, GPS position detected) ; put the phone to a NFC tag , it reads the data and saves informations in local ( automatic operations , without human intervention ) ; emission of a sound of completion operation ; standby until successive readings ; when returned home, phone identifies the wifi network and exchanges data with an enterprise server . Nothing more.

I ask , is it possible " clear " an android phone to not allow any function different to the above ?

(sorry for my english)

M_Maha

May 21, 2014

I need to use an android phone only the date / time stamp, GPS, NFC reader , the GSM network (only to speed the search for the position ) , a wifi network (only for my one application installed on the device) .

Basically I need to remove almost everything from an Android phone (call , browse, update , install / use applications other than the default, access to wifi networks other than the one set , take pictures , watch videos / listen to music and so on) .

Let me clarify the operation expected : the user turns on the device and my application start; the device is switched to standby ; when require, user unlock the phone and obtain some information ( date / time, GPS position detected) ; put the phone to a NFC tag , it reads the data and saves informations in local ( automatic operations , without human intervention ) ; emission of a sound of completion operation ; standby until successive readings ; when returned home, phone identifies the wifi network and exchanges data with an enterprise server . Nothing more.

I ask , is it possible " clear " an android phone to not allow any function different to the above ?

(sorry for my english)

Are you making an app or are you making your own os that would do only the above things??

If you dont want call and all those functions you could go to the root of rom to /system/app and delete the apks like phone call storage sms related thing ( to remove call and sms) to delete browse delete the browser apk

and delete the certificate installer or package installer apks to remove installing function etc

HIT THANX IF I HELPED:laugh:

Reactions: gfantuzzi

Aryan 007 #XDA

May 31, 2014
Yeah you can go to system root #with es file explorer root or system.root and then delete call and all other apps from System/app. And delete their data from system/data and then reboot. I think that icons will somehow show up(u can hide them) but the functions will stop working. Hope It helped ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tangodown78

Mar 8, 2014
Concord
Titanium Backup Pro allows you to freeze apps (disable them and they typical diaper from your drawer. It also allows you to back up and remove it.

I'd go this route as you just start delete stuff with out knowing whats going to happen then who knows, at least this way you can disable it first and see if your OS is stable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

(sorry for my english)

Are you making an app or are you making your own os that would do only the above things??

If you dont want call and all those functions you could go to the root of rom to /system/app and delete the apks like phone call storage sms related thing ( to remove call and sms) to delete browse delete the browser apk

and delete the certificate installer or package installer apks to remove installing function etc

HIT THANX IF I HELPED:laugh:
    Yeah you can go to system root #with es file explorer root or system.root and then delete call and all other apps from System/app. And delete their data from system/data and then reboot. I think that icons will somehow show up(u can hide them) but the functions will stop working. Hope It helped ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Titanium Backup Pro allows you to freeze apps (disable them and they typical diaper from your drawer. It also allows you to back up and remove it.

I'd go this route as you just start delete stuff with out knowing whats going to happen then who knows, at least this way you can disable it first and see if your OS is stable.