[Q] Replace SystemUI to get rid of S5 quick settings

Search This thread

dartveiga

Mar 20, 2008
I hate the quick settings in the notification panel of my Galaxy S5.

I'd like to disable it. I've searched for an Xposed module to do the work, but the closes I got was a "Xposed G-Touchwiz" tha helped me to hide the S-finder and Quick Connect buttons.

So I was wondering... Is it possible (or will it work if) to replace the SystemUI.apk with a version from, let say, CM? I'm not sure what else the SystemUI do, but I've crazy seen people replacing it to get the S5 quick settings buttons.

I would appreciate if anyone knows how to get rid of the quick settings in notification shade of the stock Galaxy S5.

Thanks.

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
I hate the quick settings in the notification panel of my Galaxy S5.

I'd like to disable it. I've searched for an Xposed module to do the work, but the closes I got was a "Xposed G-Touchwiz" tha helped me to hide the S-finder and Quick Connect buttons.

So I was wondering... Is it possible (or will it work if) to replace the SystemUI.apk with a version from, let say, CM? I'm not sure what else the SystemUI do, but I've crazy seen people replacing it to get the S5 quick settings buttons.

I would appreciate if anyone knows how to get rid of the quick settings in notification shade of the stock Galaxy S5.

Thanks.

It won't work with a cm systemui.apk. will most likely give you a ton of force closes. There are many custom Roms though with it either turned off or the option of turning the bar off. Just pull the systemui.apk from these Roms and replace yours.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Goldie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2010
Any good?

jevy6e3y.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dartveiga

Mar 20, 2008
Hi,

I guess you did this in a custom rom? And compiled it yourself?

If so.. Could you share it maybe? I could integrate it into my Xposed module "Xposed G-Touchwiz" ofcourse with credits to you =).

Thanks,

Yeah! Thats sound sweet. If Xposed G-Touchwiz could get rid of the Quick Settings it would be awesome!

BTW, thank you very much for Xposed G-Touchwiz. It helped a lot!

dartveiga

Mar 20, 2008
It won't work with a cm systemui.apk. will most likely give you a ton of force closes. There are many custom Roms though with it either turned off or the option of turning the bar off. Just pull the systemui.apk from these Roms and replace yours.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I've replaced the SystemUI,apk from the AOKP rom, but I'm missing something.

What I did:

In folder /system/priv-app
Renamed SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.apk.old
Renamed SystemUI.apk to SystemUI.odex.old
Copy the new SystemUI.apk to the folder /system/priv-app
Changed permissions of the new file, so it match the permission of the original file (rw-r--r--).
Reboot

It didn't work. One time I got the same notification shade as if I haven't done anything. Other time the notification area was completely gone.

The problem, I think, is that I don't have the SystemUI.odex file, nor could I find it on the AOKP rom.

Can you please enlighten me?

Goldie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2010
Its an option in my rom. The aim of the rom is to make people realise that they dont HAVE to use xposed. There are still people doing things the old way and modding the base files. The one in the screenshot is part of Kitkat style and you can switch to it or a whole bunch of other styles in one click.

For example you could have S5 style but then turn toggles off....

8emusyzu.jpg

And then maybe sfinder off....

ta3apyhu.jpg

Or have a carbon look with toggles at the bottom...

bu6evu8u.jpg

If you like to change stuff to suit your taste you should try it! :D

Last edited:

dartveiga

Mar 20, 2008
Its an option in my rom. The aim of the rom is to make people realise that they dont HAVE to use xposed. There are still people doing things the old way and modding the base files. The one in the screenshot is part of Kitkat style and you can switch to it or a whole bunch of other styles in one click.

Hi! You just sold me your fish! (Its a Brazilian expression!)

I installed Alliance ROM and I'm pretty much satisfied. Nice work you've done!

But it would be nice to have those features on a Xposed module too.

One thing that I dind't realize how to do is how to get rid of the second page toggles (the page on notification shade that shows all the toggles). As a suggestion, it would be nice to have a way to hide some of those useless icons/toggles.

Reactions: Goldie

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Just for future reference (for those who tried), do NOT attempt to use SystemUIs from other devices/roms especially on an odexed rom. Thats recipe for FC's and bootlooops.

Reactions: dartveiga

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any good?

jevy6e3y.jpg

Hi,

I guess you did this in a custom rom? And compiled it yourself?

If so.. Could you share it maybe? I could integrate it into my Xposed module "Xposed G-Touchwiz" ofcourse with credits to you =).

Thanks,

Hi! You just sold me your fish! (Its a Brazilian expression!)

I installed Alliance ROM and I'm pretty much satisfied. Nice work you've done!

But it would be nice to have those features on a Xposed module too.

One thing that I dind't realize how to do is how to get rid of the second page toggles (the page on notification shade that shows all the toggles). As a suggestion, it would be nice to have a way to hide some of those useless icons/toggles.
    Just for future reference (for those who tried), do NOT attempt to use SystemUIs from other devices/roms especially on an odexed rom. Thats recipe for FC's and bootlooops.