stability of the HD2 on dual boot?

Search This thread

arj154

Jun 3, 2010
Birmingham
arjun.taheem.net
Hi

Im considering getting the HD2 due to the great mod community surrounding it however I've heard that its quite unstable with most ROMs, is this true? Also is it stable when dual booting with android and windows phone 7? Particularly for android as I'm quite an android enthusiast. I use a class 4 16gb card and i could apply the read/write mod in android if that helps. Is there a way to quickly switch between windows phone 7 and android by say pressing a button on boot like the xperia x10's recovery screen?

Last edited:

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
The instability you have heard about is the stock Windows Mobile ROM that comes on the HD2, but if you flash HSPL and a custom ROM from here on XDA like say an Energy ROM you will see none of that instability. I can not speak from personal experience with dual booting WP7b and Android as I have not flashed WP7. But the dual boot on Windows Mobile and Android is awesome I have a one touch boot app for mine that will allow me to choose on boot up if I want to boot Android or Windows Mobile. I say buy an HD2 you can not go wrong and you can get tons of support from here on XDA. ;)

arj154

Jun 3, 2010
Birmingham
arjun.taheem.net
thanks sounds like a great phone to go to, specially after the x10! Although does anyone know if theres a way to make it so that you can boot into android when windows phone is booting up without having to set it in the recovery menu? I saw 1 post about it so im not too sure if it was possible or if they were talking about winmo/android