[VRTHEME]1% Animated Battery Mod for Stock Roms, PA 2.5 & SmoothROM 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
Just flashed PA 3.0 for this mod lol. Should work. Love the mods you have done. Which one should I flash?? :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Just flashed PA 3.0 for this mod lol. Should work. Love the mods you have done. Which one should I flash?? :)

Don't flash any of them!

PA 3.0 isn't supported and I've not tried to decompile it's SystemUI.apk yet to see if I can make a base battery vrtheme for it.

I was hoping that PA 3.0 would include the 1% battery mod and then users could just flash the universal vrthemes.

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
Don't flash any of them!

PA 3.0 isn't supported and I've not tried to decompile it's SystemUI.apk yet to see if I can make a base battery vrtheme for it.

I was hoping that PA 3.0 would include the 1% battery mod and then users could just flash the universal vrthemes.

Ahhhh thanks for the heads up. (Y)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

igerup

Sep 13, 2012
Ah, I see. By the way, the link in the first post for Stock 4.2.2 JDQ39 Wi-Fi HyDrOG3N Base Battery VRTheme points to the wrong file, the JOP40C one.

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Ah, I see. By the way, the link in the first post for Stock 4.2.2 JDQ39 Wi-Fi HyDrOG3N Base Battery VRTheme points to the wrong file, the JOP40C one.
Oops :eek:

I've fixed it now - thanks for letting me know ;)

BTW, if someone who has updated their 3G N7 to nakasig 4.2.2 JDQ39 could attach their new SystemUI.apk & framework-res.apk, I'll make a set of base themes for this build too.

Last edited:

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Update

Thanks to chuyendv for attaching the original SystemUI.apk & framework-res.apk from 4.2.2 JDQ39 3G

I've now added Base Battery VRThemes and Revert To Stock SystemUI VRTheme versions for 4.2.2 JDQ39 3G to the first post.

Stock 4.2.2 JDQ39 3G HyDrOG3N Base Battery VRTheme
Stock 4.2.2 JDQ39 3G Stock Statusbar Pulldown Base Battery VRTheme
4.2.2 JDQ39 3G Revert To Stock SystemUI VRTheme

Southrice

Jul 2, 2011
Laguna Hills
Thanks to chuyendv for attaching the original SystemUI.apk & framework-res.apk from 4.2.2 JDQ39 3G

I've now added Base Battery VRThemes and Revert To Stock SystemUI VRTheme versions for 4.2.2 JDQ39 3G to the first post.

Stock 4.2.2 JDQ39 3G HyDrOG3N Base Battery VRTheme
Stock 4.2.2 JDQ39 3G Stock Statusbar Pulldown Base Battery VRTheme
4.2.2 JDQ39 3G Revert To Stock SystemUI VRTheme

Will these work with PA 3.0 ? or is it only for stock roms?

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
Reactions: davidwilson83

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
im on stock 4.2.2 rooted and flashed successfully the
(1) Stock 4.2.2 JDQ39 Wi-Fi Stock Statusbar Pulldown Base Battery VRTheme, and then
(2) Blue Droid Battery Universal VRTheme,
the blue droid battery icon showed up on the status bar..

and then i decided to try another theme and so flashed the
(1) 4.2.2 JDQ39 Wi-Fi Revert To Stock SystemUI VRTheme
in order to return to stock state first, but after rebooting into the system the status bar disappeared..

what could be the problem?

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
im on stock 4.2.2 rooted and flashed successfully the
(1) Stock 4.2.2 JDQ39 Wi-Fi Stock Statusbar Pulldown Base Battery VRTheme, and then
(2) Blue Droid Battery Universal VRTheme,
the blue droid battery icon showed up on the status bar..

and then i decided to try another theme and so flashed the
(1) 4.2.2 JDQ39 Wi-Fi Revert To Stock SystemUI VRTheme
in order to return to stock state first, but after rebooting into the system the status bar disappeared..

what could be the problem?
I really don't know as I've tested these multiple times on 4.2.2 JDQ39 Wi-Fi and, out of 50 downloads, nobody else has reported a problem.

The Base VRThemes modify just SystemUI.apk and the Universal VRThemes just change the battey icons in the same apk.

The Revert to stock SystemUI VRTheme simply replaces the modified SystemUI.apk with the stock, unmodified SystemUI.apk

If you successfully flashed a Base VRTheme and then a Universal VRTheme, you don't need to return to stock to be able to change the batery icone - just flash another Unversal VRTheme over the top.

Are you sure you flashed the correct Base and Revert to stock versions for your device?
Did you have any other mods installed?

Last edited:
Reactions: davidwilson83

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
I really don't know as I've tested these multiple times on 4.2.2 JDQ39 Wi-Fi and, out of 50 downloads, nobody else has reported a problem.

The Base VRThemes modify just SystemUI.apk and the Universal VRThemes just change the battey icons in the same apk.

The Revert to stock SystemUI VRTheme simply replaces the modified SystemUI.apk with the stock, unmodified SystemUI.apk

If you successfully flashed a Base VRTheme and then a Universal VRTheme, you don't need to return to stock to be able to change the batery icone - just flash another Unversal VRTheme over the top.

Are you sure you flashed the correct Base and Revert to stock versions for your device?
Did you have any other mods installed?

since i had the blue droid displaying battery percentages happily, it should be safe to assume that my custom-theme flashing part was good.. i also suspected the problem might be caused by the "revert-to-stock" flashing part.. since i already did the md5 hash check after download so it shouldnt be a corrupt file issue.. thus the only reasonable cause would be a bad flash..

i know that the revert-to-stock part was probably non-necessary but just wanted to make sure there was no left-overs from a previous theme.. now with ur explanation i know that its indeed unnecessary.. anyway i fixed the issue by reflashing the stock rom and then ur theme.. thx a lot for ur response.. :)

[edit]
btw, its a 99% stock rom with motley kernel (the latest version for 4.2.2) installed.. if that makes any difference.. :D

Last edited:

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
[edit]
btw, its a 99% stock rom with motley kernel (the latest version for 4.2.2) installed.. if that makes any difference.. :D

It might do since the revert to stock uses the 100% stock SystemUI.apk

To make your own revert to stock zip, extract SystemUI.apk from your rom and replace the one in the revert to stock zip with this one using 7-Zip.

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
is this mod only modifying /system/app/SystemUI.apk?
if i have a backup copy of the stock SytemUI.apk, can i just put it into /system/app and overwrite the modded version to return to stock?

thx..

Spannaa

Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
is this mod only modifying /system/app/SystemUI.apk?
if i have a backup copy of the stock SytemUI.apk, can i just put it into /system/app and overwrite the modded version to return to stock?

Yes and Yes.

If your backup fails, flash the correct "Remove Themes & Revert Back To Stock SystemUI.apk" zip for your rom.

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
thx for the quick reply..

i ended up using ur first suggested method (revert to stock zip with SystemUI.apk replaced by stock one) and flashed this zip to return to stock.. rebooting showed stock battery icon in statusbar..
and then i flashed the base + extra battery themes, and rebooted without problem.. it showed the modded battery icons in the statusbar..

then i went ahead and studied the content of the now-modded SystemUI.apk..
to my surprise i found 2 "res" folders in the apk, and within each res folder, there were 2 "drawable" and 2 "drawable-hdpi" folders.. and they seem to contain the same XML and PNG files..
have i done something wrong in the flashing process, or is this the expected result of the modded SystemUI.apk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts