4.3 Verizon Note 2 Release time and area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

computerslayer

Aug 9, 2009
Found it! Thank you.
Don't attempt to ODIN back to original firmware. It'll fail and you'll have to do a repair install (ask me how I know....)

I'm in the midst of that process now, but I'll be trying to use ODIN to install TWRP afterwards, and from there root the phone. I'll post the results.

I was afraid of this: attempting to flash TWRP via ODIN fails every time. No love. Looks like if you upgrade to 4.3 via Verizon's software, you're stuck there until one of the developers figures out how to unlock the bootloader & root it for us.

subiboost

Mar 22, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Got it in Indiana :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387541865970.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387541865970.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 318

braxtoq

Jun 27, 2011
Same excitement hit me on Tuesday, just a tease though, it was not 4.3, after downloading it, no upgrade available.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Rsmin

Feb 22, 2012
Same excitement hit me on Tuesday, just a tease though, it was not 4.3, after downloading it, no upgrade available.

Yep that happened to me the other day also, but this time we are seeing screen shots showing the update is 4.3..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

UVJeanius

Oct 17, 2010
Just close it and right click the software upgrade icon in your tray and open it that way. The update should be available then. I had to do it that way.

sdwig

Oct 3, 2012
Same result it isn't being pushed out by checking it through the phone. It told me no update but hooked it to my laptop and 4.3 upgrade found.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

datstudandre

Oct 15, 2011
Houston
Waiting patiently for root now lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387548921484.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387548921484.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 265

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
Feel like it should be pointed out that if you take the OTA there is a solid possiblity you will lose root (likely kingo will root it but idk). Even more likely you will end up with a locked bootloader and if it's anything like the S4 and Note 3, it won't be unlocked.

stueycaster

Aug 19, 2011
Indianapolis
I was afraid of this: attempting to flash TWRP via ODIN fails every time. No love. Looks like if you upgrade to 4.3 via Verizon's software, you're stuck there until one of the developers figures out how to unlock the bootloader & root it for us.

I hope someone can do that. As far as I know they haven't unlocked the GS4 yet. Somebody please let me know if I'm wrong about that cause I hope I am. With every update Verizon has released Adam Outler has had to come up with a new unlocker.

I'm running this. I'm not going to do anything that will unlock the bootloader. I'm just running my current rom til Dwitherell (my favorite developer) comes up with a "Tweaked" rom with 4.3. The only reason I switched was my curiosity got the better of me. Those of us who flashed it had a few problems with wifi, random reboots and FC's. I think I have that under control by disabling KLMS Agent and switching to the "On Demand" governor. It looks like my FC's were from restoring apps with TiBu. I've reinstalled them manually since. Mine seems like it might be OK now. Some others in that thread are still complaining. I have to say 4.3 seems faster and the wake-up lag is better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    working on it now just got it downloaded

Android OS version : 4.3
    Device : t0ltevzw
    Model : SCH-I605
    ROM Name : JSS15J.I605VRUEMJ9
    CSC version : I605VZWEMJ9
    Rooted (Superuser app + su) : YES
    Rooted (unsecured boot.img) : NO
    pulling cache from khodsons phone didnt have the update.zip because it gets deleted after its applied

wish me luck bout to flash root/odex version
    Its because your on the 4.1.2 bootloader right? Theres a 4.3 param patch to add 4.3 wifi to the 4.1.2 bootloader and keep it knox free

well what do ya know :p it worked :)

i still would like to get the verizon param and tz.img though so when ken gets home i will release all toghether

1st zip will be your choice of odex or deodex stock 4.3 mj9 root rom

2nd zip will be firmware package with modem,tz,param

EDIT: its quite hilarious that this will be out before verizons lazy @$$ gets thier ota working
    had to do some testing and eat dinner :)

everything is good uploading now
    Nice!!!! Ken where you at bro!!
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I gave Nate the files he needed a couple hours ago. He is all set. I suspect he will have something soon...The man is a developing machine!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 4