S-off question

Search This thread

iDeli

Aug 27, 2014
So if I turn S-off on my HTC one M7 will i get no cellular service anymore. I have seen videos where people have S-off and they dont have an cellular service, is this just because they have no sim card or does S-off turn off your data. Sorry if its a silly question.

Last edited:

litlnicky

Jul 16, 2012
bro im sure you dont need to s-off lolll, u can still flash other roms n stuff whilst being rooted and have a custom recovery involved, s-on is a extra safe security for device,S-OFF not for noobs like me n u LOLL( speaking from experience , being s_off fried my device )

Last edited:

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
I always say if you're not sure what u need s off for then u don't need it. It has some very useless security features to stop u bricking your phone. If you need to return your phone for warranty that's when s off is important

zigyna

Aug 30, 2014
Malang
as long as i know, you need to S-Off if you wanna flash a custom/ other ROM. without S-Off, you must push the boot.img of your ROM via ADB then flash the ROM via recovery, or flash your custom ROM via fastboot but you should push the boot.img of your custom ROM first.

but with S-Off you still get a cellular service. S-Off is just a security script from HTC system to prevent you or other 3rd party system to modified the system itself.

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
The post above is completely wrong. You don't need s off for a custom Rom.or recovery. Nor do you have to push boot.omg as he said.