[Q] How does one "launch in to recovery" while with TWRP installed?

Search This thread

tomh12player

Dec 29, 2013
Before I unlocked and installed TWRP on my Moto X, I had the option to restart into recovery mode which gave me system write access. But now with TWRP, when I press launch to recovery, it just launches my custom recovery; TWRP. How do I reboot into recovery like before, or is it not required anymore once I've unlocked the bootloader?

mjphillips1981

Jul 24, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Before I unlocked and installed TWRP on my Moto X, I had the option to restart into recovery mode which gave me system write access. But now with TWRP, when I press launch to recovery, it just launches my custom recovery; TWRP. How do I reboot into recovery like before, or is it not required anymore once I've unlocked the bootloader?

Since you have TWRP installed you already have read write access.

Have you flashed SuperSU to gain root?

TheSaw

Dec 24, 2010
Cluj

Not required for what? Tell us what are you trying to do. The final goal.

nhizzat

Mar 12, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 6T

I don't even... What I'm getting from your post is that you unlocked your bootloader and flashed a custom recovery but don't understand why you did it nor what the benefits of each are. Go read up on unlocked bootloaders and what their benefits are. You'll get your answer a lot quicker that way.

Reactions: rocketsaucev2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't even... What I'm getting from your post is that you unlocked your bootloader and flashed a custom recovery but don't understand why you did it nor what the benefits of each are. Go read up on unlocked bootloaders and what their benefits are. You'll get your answer a lot quicker that way.