[Q] Returned to stock, still have Google logo on boot

Search This thread

cdnchris

Sep 25, 2012
I've got a Rogers M7 that I had transmorgrified into a Google Play Edition HTC One. That was fun for a bit, but I'm putting back to stock to sell. I got through the CID change, stock nandroid restore, stock recovery flash. But I have an interesting issue - when the phone boots I always get the Google logo first, then the HTC logo and then into the OS. Would anyone have some hints as to how I make the phone behave like stock again on boot?

Last edited:

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
You either need to flash a Rogers firmware file or run a full sense RUU (International/Dev/etc) I am suspecting thats where the boot screen is showing up from. Keep the phone S-OFF to guard yourself from any issues that may arise. Your buyer wont care, or may even be pleased.

Reactions: cdnchris

cdnchris

Sep 25, 2012
You either need to flash a Rogers firmware file or run a full sense RUU (International/Dev/etc) I am suspecting thats where the boot screen is showing up from. Keep the phone S-OFF to guard yourself from any issues that may arise. Your buyer wont care, or may even be pleased.

Thanks - oddly enough I just did a factory reset and I'm back to stock. I still can't manage to delete Superuser yet, but I'll figure that out.

cdnchris

Sep 25, 2012

There's no full sense RUU for Rogers - or at least that I've found. I flashed a stock Rogers nandroid, and I can get OTA updates. Turns out recovery is borked - I flashed a recovery file for a HBOOT 1.54. Would that be the issue?

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.631.9
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: *redacted
(bootloader) imei: *redacted
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: ROGER001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3911mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Last edited:

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Since you are s-off make a firmware.zip with splash1.nb0 from an RUU and flash it in fastboot to restore the stock splash screen. Set the mainver in the andriod-info.txt to the same version that's currently on the phone.

cdnchris

Sep 25, 2012
I followed the guide to return to stock - flipped the CID, flashed an RUU file that got me all the way back to here:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.20
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.26.502.15
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF

I flashed TWRP, restored a nandroid backup and then checked to see the OS was ok - everything seemed cool. I booted back into bootloader and flashed the stock recovery, erased cache and booted back into the OS. I did a factory data reset, booted back into bootloader, booted to cwm and used Guru to lock & untamper. When I rebooted and tried the OTA update, the update failed. Now I can get to stock recovery but when I boot I get a cyan screen, a magenta screen then frozen at an HTC boot screen where the green is wrong and "beats" is blue. Any suggestions from here?

cdnchris

Sep 25, 2012
So RUU on Cingular, run all the updates via wifi then change CID back for my carrier and flash recovery?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Crap.. you will then want to follow post #2 in my guide for Canadian restock. There are some reports of Tampered sign showing up even on 1.44 HBOOT, however you would hope it doesn't.

Good luck.

cdnchris

Sep 25, 2012
Crap.. you will then want to follow post #2 in my guide for Canadian restock. There are some reports of Tampered sign showing up even on 1.44 HBOOT, however you would hope it doesn't.

Good luck.

I re-unlocked the bootloader from the HTC Dev site. Re-flashed TWRP, restored Nandroid backup for 1.44HBOOT. Validated all looked ok, booted back to recovery and un-rooted. Booted back to bootloader, flashed stock recovery (+ erase cache) then rebooted back to bootloader and ran a factory reset. THEN when I jumped back into the OS and ran the OTA. Back to the cyan then magenta screen and the freeze. GRRR. I guess I need to start from scratch and use RUU to get to the right HBOOT version that will work!

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Why are you running OTA? Get it right on 1.44hboot and send it in for warranty

sent from my mobile device

cdnchris

Sep 25, 2012

Good point. I was assuming they'd expect latest version, but I guess if I'm on any supported version they shouldn't care. Right now I'm toying with different recoveries - the OTA update fails to update anything, so I thought I'd restore the Nandroid backup and flash a different recovery version and see if OTA works. If that doesn't work I'll just restore the nandroid backup, flash stock recovery for 1.44 and factory reset and it's good to go.

Thanks!

cdnchris

Sep 25, 2012
Good point. I was assuming they'd expect latest version, but I guess if I'm on any supported version they shouldn't care. Right now I'm toying with different recoveries - the OTA update fails to update anything, so I thought I'd restore the Nandroid backup and flash a different recovery version and see if OTA works. If that doesn't work I'll just restore the nandroid backup, flash stock recovery for 1.44 and factory reset and it's good to go.

Thanks!

I flashed the 1.55 stock recovery on the 1.44 HBOOT and the update actually worked this time. I'm up to latest stock for my carrier, still S-OFF and unlocked bootloader.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
I'm told futuretel denies warranty on s-off. Unless you are sending somewhere else. On 1.55 hboot, if you s-on, the tampered sign will come back after a few restarts. If it doesn't you are good to go.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since you are s-off make a firmware.zip with splash1.nb0 from an RUU and flash it in fastboot to restore the stock splash screen. Set the mainver in the andriod-info.txt to the same version that's currently on the phone.