Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

abhishekr700

Mar 20, 2013
New Delhi
www.geeksunboxed.com
Hello everyone,
It has been quite a time on xda and i found that there are a number of tweaks availble for our mini GALAXY Y especially for the status bar.
But the problem is that all these tweaks are located in different threads which makes them a lot more messy.
Therefore I present you a compilation of the common but most used tweaks for galaxy y.

THREADS WILL BE UPDATED.........SO LOOK OUT FOR NEW AMAZING TWEAKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU FIND ANY OTHER TWEAKS FOR OUR GALAXY Y AND I WILL ADD IT HERE

CREDITS :--
@marcussmith2626
@dcsms
@jpdesuasido

Last edited:

abhishekr700

Mar 20, 2013
New Delhi
www.geeksunboxed.com
[Guide] [Mod] How to make any gingerbread or cm7 status bar transparent
There's two ways to make the statusbar bar Transparent and I'll post them both

One way works with any gingerbread rom (deodex & rooted) and one with cyanogen 7.
I have not tried it on ics or jelly bean but you can try (for people who stumble across this thread who are not galaxy y users) ..

Please dont ask for support unless you are using a custom rom on galaxy y.:good:
Any other phones please goto your own phone forum for support.

You also need a launcher that is capable of transparency .:angel:
Adw works but you need to disable wallpaper hack in settings .
Holo launcher works.
any other launcher if it doesn't work look in it's settings & try & disable wallpaper hack or manage internally .

1-)Method one for non cm
You need apk tool installed - if you don't know how to use it see marcussmith2626's guide here --
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2206938
Once you have decompiled SystemUI.apk using apk tool goto res/layout Open status_bar.xml in notepad

1.Find the following line

Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" [COLOR="Red"]android:background="#000000"[/COLOR] android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"

Notice android:background is normally a hexadecimal value or it could be an @drawable value
either way change it to the following

Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" [COLOR="Red"]android:background=" [user=3944923]@drawab[/user]le/nameofpng" [/COLOR]android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"

Notice that android:background is now a @drawable value

2.Detete the space between the " and the @
(the is because the forum has changed the @ to mentions and I cant work out how to stop it doing it)

3.Change nameofpng to the name of your transparent background image (just the name - do not include the file extension .png)

4.Place this image with the same name as the @drawable value in res/drawable-ldpi
(of course other devices might be in mdpi or hdpi)

5.Recompile and sign apk
Put in a flashable zip and flash with system mounted

6.You can download and use the pngs in the attachment (for ldpi like galaxy y) or create your own
To create a transparent status bar image just take a non Transparent one and edit it in a photo application to make it Transparent (make sure image dimensions stay the same and is for your phone resolution)

2-)Method two for cm7

Note you will need apk tool installed and notepad++ installed

1.Download the patcher tool by Z25

2.Unzip the contents to a folder

3.Place your SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk in files_to_patch

4.Run patcher.bat

5.Select status bar tweaks and enable only transparent status bar

6.Edit the smali file as described in the text file that pops up

7.Select option build and sign

8.Select option to create zip files

You now have a zip file called patch.zip

Flash this in cwm to enable transparency

To actually make it Transparent you need to apply a theme with a transparent status bar
First disable wallpaper hack from adw launcher settings

Then either download a transparent Theme from playstore for theme chooser and apply in theme chooser
Or create your own theme

Goto UOT kitchenhttp://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen
Code:
1.Take cyanbread.apk from the app folder of your cm7 rom & place on pc (or any other Theme Chooser Theme you wish to make transparent) 
2.Rename it to what you want to call theme 
3.Upload it to kitchen (under cm7 theme in file upload) 
I4.n status bar tweaks set background transparency to around 70% Transparent and any other settings you need like carrier or footer - don't forget to generate preview once done 
5.Make sure you have selected ldpi in statusbar tweak settings and ldpi/mdpi for theme chooser preview in file upload (other devices may vary)           and in file upload change update binary to galaxy 
6.Then goto summary section 
7.If everything is green create the theme 
8.If not make sure you have clicked generate preview on status bar tweaks 
   kitchen will then create theme for you

Once it's done download it flash in cwm with system mounted & then apply it in theme chooser

here are some of the statusbar my marcussmith2626--
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2123899

Last edited:
Reactions: iamrocker

abhishekr700

Mar 20, 2013
New Delhi
www.geeksunboxed.com
r

[GUIDE]How to add EDT Tweak support on your SystemUI
Hi guys
This time I will make a tutorial on how to add "EDT" tweak support on your SystemUI
:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Features of EDT Tweaks

1.Battery Options:D
Show/Hide Battery Icon (Doesn't work)
Battery Text Style (Regular,Hide and Small %)
Prepend/Append Battery Text
Change Charging Color (For Battery Text)
Change Regular Color (For Battery Text)
Change Medium Level Color (For Battery Text)
Change Low Level Color (For Battery Text)

2.Clock Options:laugh:
Show AM/PM
Small AM/PM
Hide AM/PM
Hide Clock

3.Signal Options:cool:
Show Signal Bars (Doesn't work)
Show Signal Strength (Not available yet)
Show dBm Text (Not released)

Bug List;)
1.Show/Hide Battery Icon
2.Show Signal Bars
3.Show Signal Strength
4.Show dBm Text

Requirements
1.EDT Files (download in attachment)
2.EDT Tweaks apk (download in attachment)
3.SystemUI.apk
4.Apktool or similar

How to Install
1.Download the EDT Files zip package on your Computer and extract it anywhere in your desktop
2.Now on your phone, Pull your SystemUI.apk and paste it on your sd card
3.Now connect your phone to your Computer and Connect USB Storage
4.Copy the pulled SystemUI.apk and paste it on your apktool folder
5.Decompile your SystemUI.apk (You know how to do it right?);)
6.Now copy the extracted smali from the EDT Files zip package and paste it on smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/. Replace if asked
7.Go to res/layout/ and open status_bar.xml
8.Copy this code

Code:
[COLOR="Purple"]<com.android.systemui.statusbar.BatteryText android:textAppearance="@*android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingRight="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />[/COLOR]
9.Paste it belowabove this code

Code:
[COLOR="Purple"]com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock[/COLOR]
10.Compile the SystemUI.apk (You know how to do it right?)
11.On your phone, push the SystemUI.apk to system/app using Root Explorer or similar.
12.Now install EDT.apk and you can now use it's features

Attachments

• EDT.apk
    111.8 KB · Views: 207
  • EDT-Files.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Reactions: iamrocker

abhishekr700

Mar 20, 2013
New Delhi
www.geeksunboxed.com
rr

[GUIDE]How to add lidroid 14 statusbar toggle buttons for Galaxy Y​
All Credits belongs to dcsms

Please refers to lidroid original thread below
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1289896

Requirements :--

1. A Computer with JAVA DEVELOPMENT KIT [JDK] installed
2. Apktool
3. Notepad++ / other UNIX editor
4. Knowledge about how to compile/decompile apk (dont ask me.. just use the search bar.. there a bunch of tuts how to do that)
firstly download this file :

Procedure :--

1. Download LidroidSystemUI.apk and decompile it with apktool, then you get LidroidSystemUI dir.
2. Pull and Decompile your SystemUI.apk, copy LidroidSystemUI/smali/* into SystemUI/smali.
3. Open SystemUI/smali/com/android/systemui/status/StatusBarService.smali. Find(Ctrl + F) QuickSettingsView, change codes below

Code:
.local v3, qsv:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;
    const v7, 0x7f030002

invoke-static {p1, v7, v9}, Landroid/view/View;->inflate(Landroid/content/Context;ILandroid/view/ViewGroup;)Landroid/view/View;

move-result-object v3

.end local v3           #qsv:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;
    check-cast v3, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;

.line 352
    .restart local v3       #qsv:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;
with

Code:
const v7, 0x3030003

invoke-static {p1, v7, v9}, Landroid/view/View;->inflate(Landroid/content/Context;ILandroid/view/ViewGroup;)Landroid/view/View;

move-result-object v3

check-cast v3, Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/PowerWidget;

.line 352
    .local v3, qsv:Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/PowerWidget;
    invoke-virtual {v3}, Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/PowerWidget;->setupWidget()V
4. Compile SystemUI with apktool,
5. open up your SystemUI.apk with winrar or 7zip
6. locate to SystemUI/build/apk/ and find classes.dex onto the winrar/7zip
7. Then Push it into /system/app/
5. push lidroid-res.apk in /system/framework/, push QuickPanelSettings.apk in /system/app, reboot.

More mod :

Originally Posted by sicopat@xda
To have 6 visible toggles : edit : SystemUI/smali/com/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/PowerWidget.smali
change :

Code:
.field private static final LAYOUT_SCROLL_BUTTON_THRESHOLD_PORT:I = 0x5
to
Code:
.field private static final LAYOUT_SCROLL_BUTTON_THRESHOLD_PORT:I = 0x6

Code:
div-int/lit8 v2, v2, 0x5
to
Code:
div-int/lit8 v2, v2, 0x6

Note: i skip editing androidmanfest.xml (cuz when we do this... we should sign all of the apk in /system/app and /system/framework. ..but if u insist.. please see the original thread above how to do that...unless if u dont do editing androidmanifest.xml u'll got FC when pressing Flashlight button. anyway i dont need it.. so its not a big deal)

DONT FORGET TO PRESS ATHANKS :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

abhishekr700

Mar 20, 2013
New Delhi
www.geeksunboxed.com
[GUIDE]BRIGHTNESS SLIDER IN STATUS BAR​

UPDATE ZIP FILES FOR JELLY BLAST ND HYPERION ADDED CHK AT THE END OF POST

GUYS THOSE WHO ARE TRYING IT AFTER COMPILNG UR APP PLZ DECOMPILE AND CHK WHETHER TAT ""in"" FOLDER IS IN SMALI FOLDER

REQUIREMENTS :--
1> DECOMPILING/ COMPILING TOOL (LIKE VTS OR APKTOOL OR APKMULTITOOL OR ANY OF UR CHOICE

2>UR SYSTEMUI.APK

3>STATUSBARGREEPER( PLZ SEARCH XDA FOR ITS DOWNLOAD LINKS)

STEPS

1) DECOMPILE UR SYSTEMUI.APK

2)NAVIGATE TO res/layout/status_bar_expanded.xml

3) OPEN IT FOR EDITING

4) SEARCH FOR THE FOLLOWING CODE

Code:
<FrameLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
[COLOR="Indigo"]
[/COLOR]
5) PLACE THE FOLLOWING CODE ABOVE CODE U SEARCHED ABOVE

Code:
                     <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingTop="20.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
                        <in.jmkl.dcsms.statusbargreper.SlideBrightness android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
                    </LinearLayout>
6) ADD THE FOLLOWING FOLDER IN smali/*here*

DOWNLOAD HERE--
IN.ZIP

7)RECOMPILE THE THE SYSTEMUI APP ND PUSH IT........

8) RESTART UR DEVICE ND UR DONE..:

9) ND YADO INSTALL STAUSBARGREEPER APK

FOR JB FLASH VIA CWM--

1)HYPERION----HERE

2)JB--->>>HERE

DO VISIT THIS POST TOO
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2084127

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Its much better to actually link to the orig thread and just have an index type thread instead of just posting the entire guide here

this is because threads are updated and its also much eaiser for people to get support from the person who wrote the thread then just having spam "help me" stuff here

also you didnt seek permission to repost all these guides - well at least you didnt ask me

creating a thread which indexes guides is fine and links to the thread but just copy and past the entire guide is not good

you can get an idea of what an index thread is by clicking on the link in my signature as that will take you to my index thread

Last edited:
Reactions: allivon_ice2000
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,
    It has been quite a time on xda and i found that there are a number of tweaks availble for our mini GALAXY Y especially for the status bar.
    But the problem is that all these tweaks are located in different threads which makes them a lot more messy.
    Therefore I present you a compilation of the common but most used tweaks for galaxy y.

THREADS WILL BE UPDATED.........SO LOOK OUT FOR NEW AMAZING TWEAKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU FIND ANY OTHER TWEAKS FOR OUR GALAXY Y AND I WILL ADD IT HERE

CREDITS :--
    @marcussmith2626
    @dcsms
    @jpdesuasido
    rr

[GUIDE]How to add lidroid 14 statusbar toggle buttons for Galaxy Y​
    All Credits belongs to dcsms

Please refers to lidroid original thread below
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1289896

Requirements :--

1. A Computer with JAVA DEVELOPMENT KIT [JDK] installed
    2. Apktool
    3. Notepad++ / other UNIX editor
    4. Knowledge about how to compile/decompile apk (dont ask me.. just use the search bar.. there a bunch of tuts how to do that)
    firstly download this file :

Procedure :--

1. Download LidroidSystemUI.apk and decompile it with apktool, then you get LidroidSystemUI dir.
    2. Pull and Decompile your SystemUI.apk, copy LidroidSystemUI/smali/* into SystemUI/smali.
    3. Open SystemUI/smali/com/android/systemui/status/StatusBarService.smali. Find(Ctrl + F) QuickSettingsView, change codes below

Code:
    .local v3, qsv:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;
        const v7, 0x7f030002

move-result-object v3

.end local v3           #qsv:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;
        check-cast v3, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;

.line 352
        .restart local v3       #qsv:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/quickpanel/QuickSettingsView;
    with

Code:
    const v7, 0x3030003

move-result-object v3

check-cast v3, Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/PowerWidget;

.line 352
        .local v3, qsv:Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/PowerWidget;
        invoke-virtual {v3}, Lcom/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/PowerWidget;->setupWidget()V
    4. Compile SystemUI with apktool,
    5. open up your SystemUI.apk with winrar or 7zip
    6. locate to SystemUI/build/apk/ and find classes.dex onto the winrar/7zip
    7. Then Push it into /system/app/
    5. push lidroid-res.apk in /system/framework/, push QuickPanelSettings.apk in /system/app, reboot.

More mod :

Originally Posted by sicopat@xda
    To have 6 visible toggles : edit : SystemUI/smali/com/lidroid/systemui/quickpanel/PowerWidget.smali
    change :

Code:
    .field private static final LAYOUT_SCROLL_BUTTON_THRESHOLD_PORT:I = 0x5
    to
    Code:
    .field private static final LAYOUT_SCROLL_BUTTON_THRESHOLD_PORT:I = 0x6

Code:
    div-int/lit8 v2, v2, 0x5
    to
    Code:
    div-int/lit8 v2, v2, 0x6

Note: i skip editing androidmanfest.xml (cuz when we do this... we should sign all of the apk in /system/app and /system/framework. ..but if u insist.. please see the original thread above how to do that...unless if u dont do editing androidmanifest.xml u'll got FC when pressing Flashlight button. anyway i dont need it.. so its not a big deal)

DONT FORGET TO PRESS ATHANKS :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    [GUIDE]BRIGHTNESS SLIDER IN STATUS BAR​

UPDATE ZIP FILES FOR JELLY BLAST ND HYPERION ADDED CHK AT THE END OF POST

GUYS THOSE WHO ARE TRYING IT AFTER COMPILNG UR APP PLZ DECOMPILE AND CHK WHETHER TAT ""in"" FOLDER IS IN SMALI FOLDER

REQUIREMENTS :--
    1> DECOMPILING/ COMPILING TOOL (LIKE VTS OR APKTOOL OR APKMULTITOOL OR ANY OF UR CHOICE

2>UR SYSTEMUI.APK

3>STATUSBARGREEPER( PLZ SEARCH XDA FOR ITS DOWNLOAD LINKS)

STEPS

1) DECOMPILE UR SYSTEMUI.APK

2)NAVIGATE TO res/layout/status_bar_expanded.xml

3) OPEN IT FOR EDITING

4) SEARCH FOR THE FOLLOWING CODE

Code:
    <FrameLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
    [COLOR="Indigo"]
    [/COLOR]
    5) PLACE THE FOLLOWING CODE ABOVE CODE U SEARCHED ABOVE

Code:
                         <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingTop="20.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
                            <in.jmkl.dcsms.statusbargreper.SlideBrightness android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
                        </LinearLayout>
    6) ADD THE FOLLOWING FOLDER IN smali/*here*

DOWNLOAD HERE--
    IN.ZIP

7)RECOMPILE THE THE SYSTEMUI APP ND PUSH IT........

8) RESTART UR DEVICE ND UR DONE..:

9) ND YADO INSTALL STAUSBARGREEPER APK

FOR JB FLASH VIA CWM--

1)HYPERION----HERE

2)JB--->>>HERE

DO VISIT THIS POST TOO
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2084127
    Thread Closed as it is nothing but duplication of existing work present in the device forum.

A.cid
    Forum Moderator
    [Guide] [Mod] How to make any gingerbread or cm7 status bar transparent
    There's two ways to make the statusbar bar Transparent and I'll post them both

One way works with any gingerbread rom (deodex & rooted) and one with cyanogen 7.
    I have not tried it on ics or jelly bean but you can try (for people who stumble across this thread who are not galaxy y users) ..

Please dont ask for support unless you are using a custom rom on galaxy y.:good:
    Any other phones please goto your own phone forum for support.

You also need a launcher that is capable of transparency .:angel:
    Adw works but you need to disable wallpaper hack in settings .
    Holo launcher works.
    any other launcher if it doesn't work look in it's settings & try & disable wallpaper hack or manage internally .

1-)Method one for non cm
    You need apk tool installed - if you don't know how to use it see marcussmith2626's guide here --
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2206938
    Once you have decompiled SystemUI.apk using apk tool goto res/layout Open status_bar.xml in notepad

1.Find the following line

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" [COLOR="Red"]android:background="#000000"[/COLOR] android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"

Notice android:background is normally a hexadecimal value or it could be an @drawable value
    either way change it to the following

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" [COLOR="Red"]android:background=" [user=3944923]@drawab[/user]le/nameofpng" [/COLOR]android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"

Notice that android:background is now a @drawable value

2.Detete the space between the " and the @
    (the is because the forum has changed the @ to mentions and I cant work out how to stop it doing it)

3.Change nameofpng to the name of your transparent background image (just the name - do not include the file extension .png)

4.Place this image with the same name as the @drawable value in res/drawable-ldpi
    (of course other devices might be in mdpi or hdpi)

5.Recompile and sign apk
    Put in a flashable zip and flash with system mounted

6.You can download and use the pngs in the attachment (for ldpi like galaxy y) or create your own
    To create a transparent status bar image just take a non Transparent one and edit it in a photo application to make it Transparent (make sure image dimensions stay the same and is for your phone resolution)

2-)Method two for cm7

Note you will need apk tool installed and notepad++ installed

1.Download the patcher tool by Z25

2.Unzip the contents to a folder

3.Place your SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk in files_to_patch

4.Run patcher.bat

5.Select status bar tweaks and enable only transparent status bar

6.Edit the smali file as described in the text file that pops up

7.Select option build and sign

8.Select option to create zip files

You now have a zip file called patch.zip

Flash this in cwm to enable transparency

To actually make it Transparent you need to apply a theme with a transparent status bar
    First disable wallpaper hack from adw launcher settings

Then either download a transparent Theme from playstore for theme chooser and apply in theme chooser
    Or create your own theme

Goto UOT kitchenhttp://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen
    Code:
    1.Take cyanbread.apk from the app folder of your cm7 rom & place on pc (or any other Theme Chooser Theme you wish to make transparent) 
    2.Rename it to what you want to call theme 
    3.Upload it to kitchen (under cm7 theme in file upload) 
    I4.n status bar tweaks set background transparency to around 70% Transparent and any other settings you need like carrier or footer - don't forget to generate preview once done 
    5.Make sure you have selected ldpi in statusbar tweak settings and ldpi/mdpi for theme chooser preview in file upload (other devices may vary)           and in file upload change update binary to galaxy 
    6.Then goto summary section 
    7.If everything is green create the theme 
    8.If not make sure you have clicked generate preview on status bar tweaks 
       kitchen will then create theme for you

Once it's done download it flash in cwm with system mounted & then apply it in theme chooser

here are some of the statusbar my marcussmith2626--
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2123899